It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura Decries "Fascist" America After Judge Tosses TSA Case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Ventura Decries "Fascist" America After Judge Tosses TSA Case

www.infowars.com

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura said he would now refer to the country of his birth as the “Fascist States of America” after a judge dismissed his case challenging airport pat downs, adding that his only recourse now would be to run for President.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
“They said they don’t have jurisdiction,” Ventura told reporters. “Well my question is if the federal courts don’t have jurisdiction over a constitutional question then who the hell does?”

Indeed. Who the hell does? Not even at the height of Hitler's Third Reich were the people of Germany sexually assaulted by what could only be described as common thugs and yet here, in America, we put up with it. Not only do we put up with it, but now it seems the TSA is above the law even. The kicker? Ventura all but came out and said he was ready to run for president, and not a single mainstream article covered the story. So what does this mean?

You pick a fight with a caged animal and you just might get your arm bit off. If Ventura were to run, not only has he already proven that he could win, but he is, in my oppinion, the only choice we'd have if Ron Paul didnt win the Republican nomination. Of course that is if Ron Paul himself decided not to run as a 3rd party candidate.

This story brings into the question exactly what type of system we're living under in America. If we cant as citizens have a trial by jury simply because the group charges are brought against are above the law, what makes us any different than any 3rd world nation in the world? And if we have judges that are, in the words of Ventura, "cowards", how can justice prevail?

“I will not, in a free country, be treated like a criminal”

And thats the real problem here.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Thats just it though. There is no 4th amendment violation. A pat down and a search are 2 compltely different actions. Secondly, its voluntary - meaning a person can either choose to go through security, or not go through security and arrange another method of travel.

Terry Vs. Ohio

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Double post for the win
edit on 5-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You shouldn't have to find a different way to travel.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by e11888

Thats just it though. There is no 4th amendment violation. A pat down and a search are 2 compltely different actions. Secondly, its voluntary - meaning a person can either choose to go through security, or not go through security and arrange another method of travel.

Terry Vs. Ohio

If you need to leave the country then what other method of travel is there..???

Seems to me you really DON'T have a choice as you suggest...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

"Resident jackbooted thug" ...WTF?! You are proud of being an authoritarian tool? Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Car, bike, walking, naval vessel just to name a few.

If a person walks into a resteraunt / bar / hospital / mall / retail store etc, and an employee asks to inspect your purse / bag, you have every right to refuse. The business in question also has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

Why are people upset with TSA security, yet they say nothing when they enter a courthouse, a Federal courthouse or a clothing store with the detecors at the front to deter shoplifting

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

"Resident jackbooted thug" ...WTF?! You are proud of being an authoritarian tool? Deny ignorance indeed.

Actually no. I put that on my avatar because people who dont know the law, their rights or how they work, constantly accuse me of being one. Perhaps you should do more research before opening your mouth. That way you wont look like an ass when you accuse me of something.

By the way, props for remaining on topic. I look forward to your next assumption based on ignorance.

Anything to add thats on topic?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

If a person walks into a resteraunt / bar / hospital / mall / retail store etc, and an employee asks to inspect your purse / bag, you have every right to refuse. The business in question also has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

Why are people upset with TSA security, yet they say nothing when they enter a courthouse, a Federal courthouse or a clothing store with the detecors at the front to deter shoplifting

Can't remember ever having my private parts jiggled in any of the places you mention and I'd suggest if a clothing store ever did it then the police would be called quick smart..
How about the same thing in a childcare center??
Would you accept that??

And what of the people here on holiday or business with return air tickets..
Did they agree to be groped?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Knowing full well what type of security is used in US airports I would say yes, business travelers made a choice.

As for the rest of your post, if you enter a store and they ask to pat you down, you can refuse. You can head out of the store and shop at one that doesnt have that level of security.

Travel within a state as well as across state lines is a constitutionaly protected right.
However, the manner of that transportation is not.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Riiiiight. Good luck walking to Australia, hell good luck walking to Hawaii even. Do you have some sort of engineering plans for a bike that operates on water? I've been tempted, also, to buy me one of those super-cool swimming VW bugs but the practcality of it just didn't convince me.

So what does that leave us with, based on your suggestions? Naval vessel? Not really practical when you have a meeting in say London the next day - you can't exactly call them up and say "I'll be there in 2 weeks, if only this bloody boat would go faster....."

They inspect BAGS - you said it yourself. I have never walked into a shop anywhere and been groped and jiggled around my private areas by the store attendant - have you? And if so why did you not launch a sexual assault case against them?

Again, none of these places goes to the extremes of the TSA. Your examples and suggestions are completely ridiculous.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So you are comparing this....

with THIS?

Your kidding right?

:shk:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Riiiiight. Good luck walking to Australia, hell good luck walking to Hawaii even. Do you have some sort of engineering plans for a bike that operates on water? I've been tempted, also, to buy me one of those super-cool swimming VW bugs but the practcality of it just didn't convince me.

Then I guess you go through airport security.

So what does that leave us with, based on your suggestions? Naval vessel? Not really practical when you have a meeting in say London the next day - you can't exactly call them up and say "I'll be there in 2 weeks, if only this bloody boat would go faster....."

Then I guess you go through airport security.

They inspect BAGS - you said it yourself. I have never walked into a shop anywhere and been groped and jiggled around my private areas by the store attendant - have you? And if so why did you not launch a sexual assault case against them?

Actually I have seen it occur before when people were taeling items by hiding it on their persons. Secondly the manner the TSA conducts a terry frisk is the appropriate way to do it. I can give you more detail on this part if you want.

Again, none of these places goes to the extremes of the TSA. Your examples and suggestions are completely ridiculous.

local Court houses do - federal courthouses do, same with municipal. Students in some schools go through metal detectors / wanded down and have been frisked.

Im not being ridiculous at all and simply trying to dimiss the other examples is problematic. As ive said in other threads, its one thing for people to say their rights are being taken away. However, when those same people cant even explain what their rights are and how they work, then their claims are going to be off base.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh im sorry.. I didnt realize one incident translates into wide spread blanket assumptions.

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you had to put together a plan for airport security?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well here in Australia and I'm sure many other countries, we don't have those full Xray machines and we don't get subjected to invasive pat downs..

It doesn't seem to be an issue and it's also been shown that for all their security, people have still managed to smuggle items through the TSA checkpoints..
A serious terrorist would easily find a way to get past security..

I guess the question is,
how much freedom are you prepared to give up for the "illusion" of security?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

translation = they dont do what i want , ergo they are fascists - any one else see the irony ?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you had to put together a plan for airport security?

I've been flying for over 40 years and the TSA hasn't made flying any safer than it was 40 years ago. What has made it safer is hardened cockpit doors, passenger & staff awareness, and the Air Marshal program.

TSA has added nothing substantially better except distrust and the hatred of travelers.

Unfortunately some day there will be an attack and the TSA's presence will be meaningless.
edit on 5-11-2011 by verylowfrequency because: Just say what again

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I guess the question is,
how much freedom are you prepared to give up for the "illusion" of security?

I wish it was a question. Then we could all slam dunk their sorry butt sides very fast!

They didn't ask Americans the question, just imposed their solution or fascism.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by e11888

translation = they dont do what i want , ergo they are fascists - any one else see the irony ?

Well, if what you want is fair and not breaking the rules, and they stop you from doing it for your "safety", then that's costing you your liberty.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security"-- Benjamin Franklin

And Xcath said earlier in this threat that a pat down is not technically a search? Well what the hell is it supposed to be then?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join