It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "Isolated Incident" involving an OWS protester? Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So, here we have another "isolated incident" by an OWS protester in Fort Collins, Colorado. I know, I know, the supporters will come out in defense and claim "that's now what it's about" or "it's just an isolated incident" or "he doesn't speak for OWS. Whatever. It's been shown time and time again that where there is smoke there is fire (no pun, considering the story). It's becoming clear what this "movement" is about, and that they have a lot of criminals in their ranks. I wonder, if you removed all the violent members, all the felons, all the drug dealers, rapists, etc., how many people would be left there protesting?

Source

For those claiming that this guy doesn't speak for the movement, think again. Here is a news story with him from 3 weeks prior: Yes he does!

FORT COLLINS - Benjamin David Gilmore's voice shook as he asked Judge Tom Lynch on Friday to lower his $250,000 cash bond on allegations that he started the fire that burned the Penny Flats condominiums and an adjacent downtown building last week.

"I'd just like to go home with my wife," said the 29-year-old Fort Collins resident and owner of Copoco's Honey in Fort Collins.

"They made me stand outside in the cold, and it's cold in here," he added, speaking via video feed Friday afternoon from the Larimer County Detention Center, where he is being held on charges of first-degree arson, second-degree burglary and criminal mischief.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Im confused.So support the movement hey? Good job,seeing this war veteran that lost his hand fighting for his country being treated this way will encourage more people to support the movement.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Fort Collins police announced Gilmore's arrest but said details about how the fire allegedly started and why they are blaming Gilmore have been sealed. Assistant District Attorney Cliff Riedel, too, didn't reveal any details in court, instead asking Lynch to rely on the judgment of the district court judge who saw the detailed reports and set the initial bond.
Now that's a grand legal system you have there!

I wonder, if you removed all the violent members, all the felons, all the drug dealers, rapists, etc.
Indeed, I find that rapists are typically the sort of people who protest against government corruption and corporate greed.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yep. Appears to be plenty of them...

ABC News

top topics

join