It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much Respect To Cops But, What Gives With The OPD Officer Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Description under video:

This how to properly engage with police when they do suspicious things. We were riding by on bikes and noticed hes hiding his name and has no badge number. SO we decided to ask him. He did not answer, we asked a ranking officer is that policy? The LT. quickly went about fixing his attitude. This is a common practice among cops at occupy's around the US .That way he/she cannot be named or referenced if he participates in police miss-conduct . Its in most police departments policies that all officers in uniform must show some form of identification. OPD does not wear badges with #'s, how do we hold anyone accountable?

Is this in retaliation for posting personal info of officers all over the net or this something more worrisome considering the two men who have been put in critical condition?

If it's to protect their personal information are they justified in breaking policy? I think that is a tough question because though I support Occupy, I don't support being anyone's judge and jury and posting officers addresses and phone numbers but I also don't support a cop stepping over the line. Strange times we live in.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hahaha, the asian cop was cool.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
That joker was cocky as heck about it too!

What reason is there to do that?

Smug b****rd knew he was gonna beat some tail
Wow
edit on 5-11-2011 by rbnhd76 because: Ice creams and lollipops!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
he's a head buster the cops use them to assault protesters cuts down on law suits when you file a complaint they ask for a name and badge number if you can't they drop the case. i imagine when the guy with the camera left he put it back on

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't know, it's a tough call. In a way I can't blame an officer for wanting to protect their families, that's why this practice of posting private information of officers isn't a good idea I don't think. Don't give excuses to those who would abuse their power.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In the interest of looking at all possibilities, I submit another.

Maybe he agrees with the people, but has a job to do, so his way of showing support was to be "out of uniform".

A case of not wanting to be associated with or remembered for standing against the people, but simply doing his job. He did not answer either way, maybe he felt by not answering the reprimand would be less to just accept the removal of the tape.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm sure that there are police that support what the people are trying to say.
like you said they have a job to do but not this guy he has to much of a FU look on his face and the look he gave the lieutenant said he was under orders from a captain or better

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't know, it's a tough call. In a way I can't blame an officer for wanting to protect their families,[/quote]

you mean protect themselves from ligitation stemming from illegal acts?

so where is MY annonimity? are Cops the only victims of crimes?
since when are they any more worthy of privacy than I am?
That's one some one sided ignorant excuse.. protecting their faminiles from retaliation nfrom victims of criminal abuse by the cop.

that's why this practice of posting private information of officers isn't a good idea I don't think. Don't give excuses to those who would abuse their power.

There is no oversight. Are you insane thinking this is acceptable?
You cannot discuss LEO oversight without acknowledging abuse by police.
Here's a fact you forgot to mention:

When someone is arrested, the COP MUST list his name in order to bring any charges.
No cop name = No Accuser = no charges can be filed = no crime = no arrest can be made.

You have legal right to face your accuser. Period.
No anonimity is accepted in court on the part of the accusing officer.
That is their JOB.

These are facts.

So.. Hidden names and badge number = no arrests = why the hell are they out there?

There is only ONE reason a uniformed officerfhides his identity... to hide his criminal activity.

The truth will set you free.

top topics

join