It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infant Removed From Occupy Dallas Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

On a sunny, cold late Thursday morning, a Dallas Police Crisis Intervention van pulled into a nearby parking lot next to the Occupy Dallas camp. Officers were seeking parents and their child who had reportedly been crying day and night.

The father told KERA and others the baby was well cared for and he had done nothing wrong. As temperatures threatened to drop near freezing, he said the tent even had a space heater.

Infant Removed From Occupy Dallas Camp

As a parent, I feel for the parents. Nobody wants their child taken away from them. But they now have a concern that since they don't have a child they might not get housing assistance. The child is 9 months old. How long have they been homeless, I wonder? Either way, it's a bad situation, especially for the child.

It dropped down to the low 30's the past couple of days in north Texas. They have a space heater in their tent. However, space heaters are notorious for burning down houses. Now that the child has been removed from a dangerous situation, I hope it receives the attention that it deserves.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sad and heartless. The right thing would to be to call one of the many local outreach groups and get them housing...not take there baby away. Nobody can think for themselves anymore...all about procedure and protocol. Karma comes full circle. This is as bad as the $5 sandwich incident.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The parents shoulda spent more time looking for resources to take care of themselves and less time at the camp

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
CPS strikes again.

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The parents shoulda spent more time looking for resources to take care of themselves and less time at the camp

Shoulda-coulda-woulda-but-dinnit.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I commend them, supposed the baby got sick and died out there?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I commend them, supposed the baby got sick and died out there?

We'd never hear the end of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

So as far as I am concerned, CPS did the right thing, those parents were unfit to bring an infant out there

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The parents have done nothing wrong, so I can't imagine that they won't get their child back soon. Normally I'm vehemently opposed to government intervention in family affairs, but this child was at risk, even if his parents aren't really to blame; I'm gonna side with CPS on this one, as long as the parents have full access to the child and the separation is temporary.

Hopefully, somebody will help these people. If Obama would skip a party or two, he could house hundreds. Bastard. Hey, Christmas is coming up, he can skip that; he doesn't care about it anyway.
edit on 11/4/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

CPS gets a bad rap, mainly because half the time they could be called "kidnappers" instead of heroes, but this time I'm firmly on their side. Too many stories of homes burning down due a space heater, and this couple has one in a tent. With an infant.

It's going a bit far to say "they didn't do anything wrong", though. There are many shelters in Dallas but they chose to be at Occupy Dallas. Protesting at Occupy Dallas isn't going to get them a house or a job. This was very irresponsible of them.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I completely agree. They should not
have had their child in this dangerous
situation. That would go for infants and
young children.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Did you even bother to read the whole article. They did try to look for housing. But they do not think they are eligible for it.

A spokesman for Occupy Dallas, Cordell Cameron, says the homeless parents, who had joined demonstrators about a week ago, were "pretty devastated." He said they were in the process of trying to find housing through a family program but feared they would no longer be eligible.

So to state they have not even bothered to do anything is kinda ridiculous. Another family split up. Way to go CPS.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

yes i did read the article, there were plenty of other places they could have gone to, a protest is NOT one of them, esp in a tent with a space heater in it

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have a tent and two children. Should I have them taken away because we go camping for a month at a time in the mountains where I am certain it gets as cold. All the praise because this family was stripped of their child for being at a protest because that is what this is about. No one in our local tent cities get their kids taken because they are not protesting the extraction of our resources. That is what all these occupy movements are about- the financial system, and the laws that protect the thieves- which is what everyone in the mainstream media is afraid of saying.

In short, I vehemently disagree with this.
edit on 5-11-2011 by eazyriderl_l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

yes i did read the article, there were plenty of other places they could have gone to, a protest is NOT one of them, esp in a tent with a space heater in it

Bamm! You nailed it right there.
There were other places they could have gone but instead they chose to expose the child to the elements.
Seems to me the parents were selfish in their decision, I mean really, what did they expect would happen hanging out at OWS?
That should not be a place for kids.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So now if your homeless in the USA. Not only are you discriminated against by the Majority of the population. The Authorities over there destroys your family in the process.

Oh so much for the USA land of the free

top topics

join