It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It all ends Monday [UPDATED]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

this better wait or its dealing with me... I'm going to puscifer on the ninth...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well the markets may go down on monday just may i am still not to sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Not that I like the current paradigm and don't want to see it come to an end, but I have to wonder...

... what exactly do people think/hope is going to happen if the banking system were to crash? My understanding of economics as a layperson may be very limited, so by all means, enlighten me if I'm missing something (I probably am.) But it seems to me that the banking system crashing would trigger a depression, see a lot of big banks, financial firms, and other business go under, followed by a lot of smaller businesses going under, and cause a lot of long term suffering for many, many, many normal human beings like you and I. In an extremely protracted worst case scenario, nations might not hesitate to enter into armed conflicts to preserve and expand their resources in such a circumstance, either.

It also seems to me that those with the most power, who we never see publicly as the banks play their mass wealth movement shell games... those who have always had the real power and influence, in every paradigm throughout history... could easily reshuffle the deck so that they benefit from this chaos and control where the chips land in the end, resulting in them retaining whatever power and wealth remain once the dust settles into a new paradigm/order.

I understand and to an extent can even relate to the logic of, "Well, it's better than persisting with things the way they are." But is it really? If innumerable people suffer, the world takes a huge plunge, wars potentially result, and those who have power now still have power after this change? Don't get me wrong. I don't have a better solution. But I have to wonder if we shouldn't be more patient and prudent, and wait for one that doesn't inflict more harm than healing? I mean, it isn't as if somehow goodwill and intentions will magically reshape the world into a less corrupt, more harmonious order after such a fall, right?

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 11/6/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We need to write off the $1600 trillion in fake derivatives CDS debt and restructure our financial system, and reinstate Glass Steagal. Then we need to get the UN and/or other countries to not let the multinationals continue to issue fake money that doesn't exist, because we cannot suffer another debt black hole where not enough money even exists to pay it back. When banks are allowed to loan hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions to ever dollar they are holding, you know you are going to have problems.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No shock here. I knew it was a matter of time. I still think the Fed has their backs and will pull out all the stops to keep the last cog in the wheel turning until they do something drastic to get the system back in motion. Please believe they will do everything possible to keep the status quo in place. I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow went off without a hitch.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
LMAO. Once again those with no experience in the markets try to spread doom. The markets are fine. Futures are flat. zerocredibility articles are written by bloggers who spread doom because it sells!(more ad revenue), not real people who know the market.

Because Of A ZeroHedge Post, Tons Of People Are Worried About A Commodity Market Meltdown On Monday

The info is here:
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
November 7th, 2011. A date which will live in...Infamy?

edit on 11/7/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: FDR

reg

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So it's Monday, 12.45pm here in sunny England, has anything ended yet? No, just one more fear mongering thread. Some of you lot really need to get more fresh air and stop wishing your lives away for something terrible to happen. The sad thing is if a tragedy were to occur then I know for a fact most on here would be dancing with joy, sad and also a little pathetic. Go live your lives to the fullest... lest you regret it

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reg

lol brilliant! totally agree.... its all doom and gloom isn't it? How many times has the world ended?

oh let me guess it ended and we are just shifting in multiple realities are we? what are these people on?

sick of reading what looks like an interesting thread...only to find its more bs. then the bickering starts oh ye bring it on u haters ?

to be honest if the uk keep listening to all this twaddle and buying into all this US hysteria we'll be caught in the crossfire and won't even know it. Sick of their politics dragging us into a possible WW3 ! and why oh just because they stuck up for us in WW2 and got all our girls pregnant with their chocolate and silk stocking promises.

No I'll tell you why they defended us so they could pick German Scientists brains and try to OCCUPY the world. world domination NWO or whatever next eh, well I for one Brit think its all a load of rubbish !

Oh and before you attack isn't free speech what its all about. RANT OVER

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm just wondering , if you had been following this thread and timelines did the infamous "Tyler Durden" mistakenly reveal himself here on ATS as this played out.

I will leave to members to decide for themselves.

(just to clarify, i am not pointing finger at OP)
edit on 7-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If things continue to go down hill it could end up in a major war.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Dow is down 93 as of this writing. That's not exactly irrational exuberance, to be sure, but its hardly "Black Monday" either.

Does Doom prefer the afternoon session?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
so its monday.........people who start threads like this should be banned from ats

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is gonna be EPIC. This will trigger TRILLIONS in margin calls. And not just one or two trillions, dozens if not HUNDREDS of trillions in margin calls. (yes bigger than the world economy)
. . .

And what's funnier, people getting their money out of the big banks tomorrow will screw the big banks even more, they'll have even less cash to cover the margins... when you can't cover your margins, you are forced to SELL... which means EVERYONE will have to sell.

Finally, the whole freaking scam ends MONDAY MORNING!

You won't even need your ``jump you f*****`` signs... a lot of people will go bankrupt monday morning.

Well here we are, Monday afternoon. Markets are down a little as people worry about the Italian government, but nothing special happened. So I guess Harold "Vitchilo" Camping strikes out again.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I put more money into my BofA accounts on Saturday just because of this thread.

I'm also thinking about rowing a boat out into the middle of the Atlantic on Wednesday with a target painted on my chest.

You want the doom? You can't handle the doom.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hmm Monday and no crash as of yet. Me thinks the OP is another person in the long and growing line of DOOM and GLOOM folks who love to spread it. Everyone got their hip waders on? because this thread was deep in it.
Please stop spreading fear without any real evidence to support your supposed claims. It has gotten so sad now.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The Dow is down 93 as of this writing. That's not exactly irrational exuberance, to be sure, but its hardly "Black Monday" either.

Does Doom prefer the afternoon session?

I liked your mormon avatar much better.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh here we go, the OP had already corrected his initial post with the "UPDATED" information. But of course the haters have to come on and find any excuse to spread their hate among the board.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I fell asleep last night wondering what the media coverage of this epic event would look like. When I got to work, the news was on... nothing.

I felt like I got socks for Christmas!

(Of course that's not a complete account of my thoughts and feelings concering it. It's nothing "good" and I don't wish for disaster, but seriously... it's like a roller coaster that only goes up.)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"This gona be EPIC" from the Op's words and i will state this will be an epic fail www.marketwatch.com... unless at close the DIJ loses 1000 points and that is in 20 min

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join