It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Ramping Up Now. El Hierro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hope this isnt as bad as some are making it out to be. Scares the hell outta me to think about this and the rest of the problems going on in our failing world.

Re: Best El Hierro Thread On GLP - Canary Islands - 4.4 QUAKE HITS - LANDSLIDES!!! POSSIBLE COLAPSE OF ROSQUILLOS TUNNEL!!!
Landslides 100% confirmed after 4.4......

IGN has confirmed to the direction of PEVOLCA that there was an earthquake of magnitude 4.4, the western border, with a depth of 21 kilometers.

This earthquake occurred in an area near the coast of the El Hierro and has been felt, in addition to the three municipalities of El Hierro in Arafo and Santiago del Teide (Tenerife) and Valle Gran Rey (La Gomera), according calls received on 1-1-2 CECOES.

This move has caused some landslides in the nucleus of Sabinosa and slopes in the area of Guinea.

www.jonfr.com...

[link to translate.google.com]

Original Link:
[link to www.gobcan.es]
edit on 4/11/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and another link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was watching this show on Discovery Channel called Curiosity almost 2 months ago, and they had something about this Volcano on how it would cause a massive East Coast Tsunami... I guess this is what it would look like if it happened...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

the quakes are only 4.4.....

no biggie

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pilgore

Small yes... But someone there was saying that mt st. helens blew with 5.4 mag earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I know little about this area but I have
seen the concerns posted on ATS.
I was wondering if there is a more
detailed map of the volcanos in this
area along with El Hierro. Also what
is the population of those close to
the volcano?

The possibility of a tsunami on the
east coast is very concerning as
well as the initial eruption.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would not worry about it. The folks at glp are doom junkies. This small of a quake might cause some slides, but in a way it is good because when the bigger quake hits a lot of material will already have made its way to the bottom.

The big wave would come if they had a 8.0 near the base of the island that broke off the side of the island where the cracks are. It WILL HAPPEN eventually, but the more small quakes that hit the less material there will be to form a larger tsunami when it does happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is a really good article that is a good read as far as what is going on with the imminent eruption....or so it seems.

I love this site for EQ's and Volcanic Eruptions....good to have in "your back pocket".

earthquake-report.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I dont believe a falling rock could do that. no matter how big.
Sounds much less dangerous then the entire oceanic floor tilting.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

These are the volcanoes of the Canary Islands
www.volcanolive.com...
Around the volcano, not much people live there, it's a parque natural.
The closest populated town to the volcano is Frontera.
The rest of the population lives on the north of the island.
I think on the whole island of El Hierro lives about 10.000 people.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Thank you for the information -
good to know not many live
at the volcano.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
I would not worry about it. The folks at glp are doom junkies. This small of a quake might cause some slides, but in a way it is good because when the bigger quake hits a lot of material will already have made its way to the bottom.

The big wave would come if they had a 8.0 near the base of the island that broke off the side of the island where the cracks are. It WILL HAPPEN eventually, but the more small quakes that hit the less material there will be to form a larger tsunami when it does happen.

Beat me to it. Take that "other site" in small doses. El Hierro will happen eventually as crafty said, but 4.6 is not uncommon in this area. Nothing to worry about for now

www.emsc-csem.org...

new topics

top topics

join