It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me start

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hello I am here to ask for some help. I have a about 100 gigs of occult books with so much at my finger tips I don't know where to start. That's where you can help. I'm interested in alchemy disinfectants freemasonry well pretty much any knowledge. Just need a little direction.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The search function here on ATS can be pretty helpful. Type in your interest...start reading the hundreds of threads that pop up.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
To me, it sounds like you've got 100 gigs of a waste of time.

If you are looking for the truth, look all around you and most of all, look within. Compare the two and see if you can find the common links.

Books are the best way to keep you occupied and they will claim to be the truth, but they're usually someone's truth and kNot the real truth. Life is where the truth is and it only lies when you dew the math wrong.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That's the problem hundreds and hundreds of resources and that's a bit overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
That's the problem hundreds and hundreds of resources and that's a bit overwhelming.

Well...use the dang search function. So much information has already been posted by seekers before you. Don't expect others to do the work for you. Spoon fed wisdom, is not wisdom. Wisdom is gained through walking the walk.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

welcome to ats..hope you l;like it here..good luck on your journey..I dont deal with the occult so; sorry cant be of any help

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Well...use the dang search function. So much information has already been posted by seekers before you. Don't expect others to do the work for you. Spoon fed wisdom, is not wisdom. Wisdom is gained through walking the walk.

And crawling the crawl.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Hello I am here to ask for some help. I have a about 100 gigs of occult books with so much at my finger tips I don't know where to start. That's where you can help. I'm interested in alchemy disinfectants freemasonry well pretty much any knowledge. Just need a little direction.

there is some info on the occult on the page already scroll down on the first page and see

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As with anything just start.Pick one book at random and go from there.It is a big subject so if you like a certain book go with that and then maybe specialize.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A few heads up:

Alchemy will be very difficult to understand for most people, this is because every alchemist came up with their own symbols and Alchemic plates. If you don't understand the psycho-physical process they are describing, it won't make a lick of sense.

Occultism in general is highly corrupt today, most occult orders are fragmented and fighting for power. Virtually nobody in the occult community "gets it", but they all think they do and think they know everything.

If your intention is Wisdom and Enlightenment you might consider starting with eastern studies like Buddhism and Hinduism. If you choose a western system, be mindful of the fact that Wisdom and Enlightenment is not possible without following some set of spiritual morals and ethics. This has nothing to do with the inherently evil nature of any actions. Rather it has everything to do with energy and how its distributed throughout your being. If all your energy is bound up in desires, attachments, and worldly things you will never be able to see clearly enough to remove ignorance from your mind without, of course, some traumatic event happening, which sometimes causes the changes needed for people to get it.

Western Occultism has all but been stripped of the practice of virtue. But Kabbalah, Gnosticism, Sufism and even Alchemy were all founded with virtue in mind.

Keep your mind open, don't attach to any beliefs but let yourself change as you learn more and experience more, ask questions on forums like this or better yet, forums that are topic specific to these subjects, and be sure to practice some things too, but at first reading a ton is whats most important so you can get an idea of whats out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
If you are looking for the truth, look all around you

But... The data in question (100gigs) is around the OP!

I like your posts, it must take some time to constantly type in the way you do. OP, it would be good to listen to the toad.

The books are written by others, in their own context, of the universe that is already around us all and always has been.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
100 gigs!? i see the problem, that is very overwhelming!

the thing is, its really hard to say where to start from because im sure all of us here have started from different places. i would say though that if you are a novice, diving into the occult themes of alchemy, hermeticsm or gnosticsm is probably going to be a bit confusing and probably wont hold your attention....but then again, i dont know you so i guess judge that for yourself.

i agree with the other member who said maybe starting with the eastern traditions might be helpful, buddhism, etc. grasping those basics might be a good place to start. i also am a firm believer in the universe giving us what we want so just use your intuition and start reading whatever and see what resonates with you, if it makes sense or holds your attention and you want to learn more thats probably a good sign.

i think the most important things are to always keep an open mind and be a critical thinker. also, books can only get you so far, at some point you have to apply the teachings to your life, that can be the most challenging but also the most rewarding.

good luck on your journey!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
All you need to get you started is a video series on youtube called Spirit Science they get into the basics of almost everything metaphysical in a really easy to understand way

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Occult means that which is hidden. People forget that and associate the term "Occult" with the dark forces.

I am more than 99% sure that there is some enlightening information that is also hidden.

OP...while it is good to get an understanding of this subject, I would suggest, do not go too far down the rabbit hole....you will get lost and it will be dark. It can also be a trap of distraction...

It is best to have a general understanding in all areas. There are common threads that run throughout each, that is the information that is best to hone in on.

Good luck in your search.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thank you for the responces, I really appreciate it, you gave me a bit of direction but no solid place to start. So let me rephrase my question. How did you start? What books did you read? What movies did you watch? Again thank you for your help.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Read Seth Speaks ,Dantes Inferno, Carl Jung stuff , Joseph Campbell, Fools Crow Power and Wisdom
as far as spiritual stuff.
Then theres phi ratio platonic solids and pythagorean mathematics and such , light Harmonics sacred geometry and sympathetic harmonics along with vibratory physics.
and if your looking for soem religious stuff start with Gilgamesh and the Mesopotamians stories and the chinese ancient persia are a lot of interesting readings .

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thank you for the responces, I really appreciate it, you gave me a bit of direction but no solid place to start. So let me rephrase my question. How did you start? What books did you read? What movies did you watch? Again thank you for your help.

Pick up a book, and start reading. We don't "know" you IRL, so how would we know what book you should start with.

Honestly, you have received some excellent suggestions here. You don't really sound like you want to learn....you want someone to give you the Cliff Notes version of all things alchemy. It doesn't work that way.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Still you misunderstand me I do see the great suggestions here. I'm just looking for some starter books (titles,authors) that are good to begin with. I don't want "cliffnotes" I'm just looking for a beginners guide to for these topics. I love to read but if I don't know the basics then how will I comprehend. I have read a lot of the books already but I feel as if I'm missing some of the basic. Again I appreciate the suggestion already given.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Still you misunderstand me I do see the great suggestions here. I'm just looking for some starter books (titles,authors) that are good to begin with. I don't want "cliffnotes" I'm just looking for a beginners guide to for these topics. I love to read but if I don't know the basics then how will I comprehend. I have read a lot of the books already but I feel as if I'm missing some of the basic. Again I appreciate the suggestion already given.

OK...here ya go

www.crucible.org...

HOME PAGE - Crucible.org

SEARCH | LOGIN | RESOURCES | CLEARANCE | CUSTOMER SERVICE

Artwork, Sculptures, & ModelsBooks and ScrollsEsoteric Eguipment Laboratory Supplies and Chemicals Audio Tapes/CDs and Software Jewelry, Gemstones, and TalismansPersonal Consultations Meditation Supplies and Divinatory Tools Tinctures, Oils, Colloids, Tonics, and Elixirs

Lowest book prices! We beat Amazon! Rare and unique books not found elsewhere.

PRACTICAL ALCHEMY

Spiritual Alchemy | Modern Alchemy | Magick & Hermetic | Egyptology | Mystical & Paranormal | Meditation | Charts & Scrolls

edit on 5-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And which of these did you start with?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join