It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I debunk the chemtrail myth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I really wish my laptop would not post things twice..
edit on 9-11-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

why can I not simply care about slander regardless of what someone posting under a pseudonym thinks of the size of my ego?

The more the chemtrail myth becomes "common public knowledge" the more chance ther is of someone who does know me and my job hearing of it and thinking worse of me. Tehre aer peole posting on forums all over hte place about how the pilots and people involved need to be taken to account, or owrds or sentiments to that effect.

Why do I have to accept that without being able to poitn out the utter lack fo any evidence supporting the existence of chemtrails?

If that's not how you see it then that's fine - I'm not saying why YOU debunk chemtrails!

Why are you trying to censor me??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
Of anyone who debunks on this forum only Uncius can really say he has been slandered becuase while he does use a pseudonym here, he also has no problem telling people his real name.

Oi! That's slander! I've been debunking on this forum longer than Uncinus and my real name is in my sig (with more details via the link in my sig)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Actually he's right - it's not slander - slander is the spoken word.

This stuff is written - so it is Libel

Mea culpa

edit on 9-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The more the chemtrail myth becomes "common public knowledge" the more chance ther is of someone who does know me and my job hearing of it and thinking worse of me. Tehre aer peole posting on forums all over hte place about how the pilots and people involved need to be taken to account, or owrds or sentiments to that effect.

Peta has been attacking a far larger and diverse range of people for more years than chemtrail myth has been around so I can't really take your claims of people thinking less of you very seriously. You do have a point but I do think your overreacting a little. Obviously you are passionate about this and I respect that, but too many times you are very abrasive and demeaning to others. You are quite intelligent and not often wrong but its the method of delivery that brings such heat against you. You did school me here when I first dived in and I told you then if you had been a little politer people may accept your information more readily.

As for your claim of "I would know", I personally feel one person, no matter how many years served, cannot be aware of what is happening in every airport in the United States. The small fish in a big ocean saying comes to mind.

Originally posted by Aloysius the GaulWhy are you trying to censor me??

I would never do such a thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Oi! That's slander! I've been debunking on this forum longer than Uncinus and my real name is in my sig (with more details via the link in my sig)

My apologies, I never notice your signature before.

Andy.........

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Essan

Actually he's right - it's not slander - slander is the spoken word.

This stuff is written - so it is Libel

Mea culpa

edit on 9-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

If you succeded you would be responsible for unleashing hoardes of vampire lawyers on the entire internet forum world. I don't think you would have to be worried about chemtrailers thinking worse of you after that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It isn't actionable in court because (AFAIK) the legal definition requires an identifiable individual to be the victim - you cannot slander or libel groups.

But that is another part of the equation why I debunk - the libel is lesser than an actionable libel and debunking is less than a legal response - but it is an appropriate one.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You can not present any picture of a contrail and claim that is a chemtrail. You have to have high humidity to have persistent contrails. You can not compare a hot dry area like Los Angeles with a cold humid place. In order to compare I asked for the same city. I had to present the soundings for every picture I presented now you want to throw out all the science for contrails and present pictures without soundings. That is fine. Present WW2 pictures of Los Angeles or video without any soundings.

well A very quick search for german bomber contrails over london found this , ARTICLE < FILM AND PHOTOGRAPHS

contrailscience.com...

another here at 6 mins

contrailscience.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The above photos show dogfights during the Battle of Britain in 1940. The German bombers were accompanied by fighter planes which would try to defend the bombers from the British fighters. They were at a high altitude to avoid anti-aircraft fire. Hence you get these amazing patterns of contrails which tell a tale of life and death at 28,000 feet above London.

another from the documentary on memphis belle

edit on 5-12-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join