It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stance on Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think it is high time for America and the UK to start a new stance on Israel. It is becoming quite apparent that Israel has no interest in maintaining peace in the middle east or the world for that matter. They continue to deny the nuclear weapons it possesses and apparently has no intention of enrolling in the UN or the IAEA. They have no interests in what the American or British government wants yet they expect us to stand by there side regardless of there decisions.

Israel regardless of US intentions continues to discuss possible attacks on Iran per-emptively based solely on the outcome of a IAEA report on Iran's nuclear weapons. This is all based on their belief that everyone in the Middle East is out to kill them off. They have been the only aggressor in recent years in the Middle East. Most of the Palestinian clashes are due to the continued infringement into Palestinian territory that Israel continues to refuse recognition. The Prime Minister of Israel is a hardliner who is hell bent on blowing something up. He seems to have a lot in common with Pres. Bush. The war rhetoric is all over the place in Israel and the UK, strangely though not so much in the US.

The bottom line is from what I can tell the only Rogue State in the Middle East is Israel. They refuse to participate in International Groups, but yet expect them to stand by they're side's no matter what. When something doesn't go there way they through out the Anti-Semitic card and expect it to be the end all of the conversation. Iran allegedly plotted the assassination of the Saudi Prime Minister on US Soil which may or may not have been supported by the Iranian government. How many snatch and grabs have the Mossad participated in on International soil without the permission of the country in question. How many assassinations have been committed by the Mossad? The answer is probably more then we will ever know.

I contend the best solution is to sign sanctions and impose some international pressure on Israel to either comply with International policies and divulge there nuclear arms, and WMD's to the International Community. Also they should refrain from attacking Iran without the cooperation of the International Community. I have written a letter of protest to my representatives stating the above and I hope you will too.
edit on 11/4/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 4-11-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I have written a letter of protest to my representatives stating the above and I hope you will too.

I have thought about it many times. You seem more optimistic than I am about being able to make a difference. I haven't given up yet but I'm beaten and I'm down. I don't know what country you're in but it sounds lIke the U.S.

I'm in Canada and Israel's grip on our current government is so tight we Canadians barely have an inch of sovereignty left if we ever had any to start with.

Great thread s n f, wish I could contribute more but I'm on my cell and am limited on resources.

My stance on Israel is they should be held accountable to the same standards as all other countries. This liscence to kill they have needs to stop.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Welcome to reality. The place is kinda smelly and people are pushy and NEVER put you wallet in your back pocket.

Now riddle me this? Why is there such a direct link to Israel and Christian Americans? Don't they hate each other normally? I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Or is it more sinister in that since the HOLYLAND is located in Israel they must cooperate to bring about Armageddon?

I don't belong to any religion, but if I did it would be very easy to understand.

link   
Is-Ra-El is supposedly in contact with the most advanced aliens around....from Sirius A. Their # doesn't stink. They can't lose! They are the country of the Powers that used to be!

edit on 4/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: pelling Police

link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I agree 100% and I am just frustrated about the whole thing. I don't know if my letter will do anything or not. I tried to start a petition on the WH page, but it didn't seem to want to let me sign in
I am just tired of reading about how we are all gonna die, WW3 etc, and to find that 99% of the rhetoric and saber rattling is coming from (shocker) Israel considering the fact that I think the whole world knows they have nukes, and there recent aggressive behavior and actions. Sending out boats towards the Iranian ships crossing the Suez Canal after the revolution, attacking a supply ship with relief aid for Palestine under the they were terrorist guise. Continued infringement and refusal to acknowledge Palestine as a sovereign nation. It's just enough and I am tired of the way they are treated like some sort of "Special Place".

Ironically I love your avatar and it's a great representation of how Israel is with the rest of the world...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I have never understood that link myself as the Israeli people quite literally put Christ to death according to the bible, and yet Christians adorn them..... never got that one myself.

As for the religious aspect; Religion should play no part in politics and is actually forbidden by the Constitution but I am sure any American knows that it is most definitely not practiced. The Christian faith plays a huge role in the US almost sickeningly so.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

I have never understood that link myself as the Israeli people quite literally put Christ to death according to the bible, and yet Christians adorn them..... never got that one myself.

Well that's quite understandable, as there is no way you could have. You see, there was no Israel at the time of Jesus. Palestine existed, but no Israel!

As for the religious aspect; Religion should play no part in politics and is actually forbidden by the Constitution but I am sure any American knows that it is most definitely not practiced. The Christian faith plays a huge role in the US almost sickeningly so.

What isn't practiced? Religion or politics?
edit on 4-11-2011 by supine because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

First off Israel was around in biblical times according to the bible and actual evidence.

The birthplace of the Jewish people is the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael). There, a significant part of the nation's long history was enacted, of which the first thousand years are recorded in the Bible; there, its cultural, religious, and national identity was formed; and there, its physical presence has been maintained through the centuries, even after the majority was forced into exile. During the many years of dispersion, the Jewish people never severed nor forgot its bond with the Land. With the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Jewish independence, lost 2,000 years earlier, was renewed.

Secondly
I was saying that religion plays a huge part in politics the constitution even says so. Though it most certainly is a common occurrence that religion plays a part in politics. Example: Gay Marriage.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The link for your quote please?

I think you are confusing the religion and Israel. It was called Palestine at the time of Jesus Christ.

And you are saying a new stance has to be made against Israel. So, make up your mind. Is it religion, or Israel or both that you think need a new stance?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Secondly
I was saying that religion plays a huge part in politics the constitution even says so. Though it most certainly is a common occurrence that religion plays a part in politics. Example: Gay Marriage.

Excuse me, but you are all over the board here.

How do you go from "a new stance on Israel," to religion, and now gays?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
First off...

Blame the media. The media in Jerusalem, the US, and the UK are ALL tabloid artists. Period! They want a war, rumors of war, etc. Why? Because it's good for business. More drama means more people buying papers, watching news programs, and clicking links on news sites.

Israel and the US have not changed their stances whatsoever. They have always just laid low waiting. Waiting for the time and circumstance. That time and circumstance in the press. If the press are pushing for something, then you are right to think it will happen.

If the press found something else to report on, then this issue would die a slow death until brought up again.

Israel will destroy the nukes. Everybody knows this. And if they don't, the US will. It's plain and simple. Black and white.

Does this make Israel the bad guys?
If the answer to that question is yes. Then I hope you've done your research well. Coz I have. And I think you are traitorously mistanken.
Israel is not completely blameless. But neither is the US when it comes to absolutely anything! 911/Iraq/etc.

Israel is our friend. They are good people. And yes! They are the people through whom we have a relationship/history lesson from/with GOD.

It really doesn't matter IMO what anybody thinks though. Like I said,,, do your homework. If you like conspiracy theories, then this is the biggest one in the history of mankind. The fact that Israel exists at all, pulled from the ashes of nations throughout the world to become a country again!
Go read the book of Zechariah! Then look at this situation with a new set of eyes.

Iran is not our friend. I hope that we do not go to war with Iran. I hope that Israel finds another way to prevent Iran from attaining the "CheckMate" ability with a nuke.

Israel's security is absolutely at stake.
Iran could drop twenty bombs on the US and we'd barely know what hit us. Israel would be completely demolished by just one.

Know all the facts before you judge openly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

First and foremost I would ask are you actually curious or just trying to question me on everything? Obviously I am saying we need a new stance on Israel the religion thing was in response to someone else. As I stated before I do not believe religion plays a role in anything. All I did was reply to you saying It wasn't Israel etc. etc.. etc...

www.mfa.gov.il...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Ok, I am done talking to you as you are apparently doing nothing but playing the role of trying to instigate something. So why don't you run off to another thread and troll someone else. Those were replies to a previous post that doesn't change my Original Post

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FingerMan

Your entire post is not based on facts it's based on your own opinions. Israel attacked a US vessel during the 6 day war. Nothing was done hell America doesn't even acknowledge it. Israel is not our friends and in fact that have just about 0 love for the US. I have been there on active duty have you? Israel is not fond of the US nor of it's military in fact.

You said God - prove to me there is one?

I have done my research. Israel claims it was there land before the Palestinians. The Palestinians claim it was there land before Israel. They both have claim to the land as they were both given land there after WW2 Palestine by the Brits, and Israel by the US. Israel continues to provoke Palestine and in the end always smell like roses where as Palestine always looks like the aggressor. The Palestinians can throw rocks at the Israeli's and the Israeli' can fire rifles and they still look like they were the victims. Not to say that Hamas never does anything just stating a fact.

You called me Traitorous? For what speaking against Israel? God Forbid anyone do that

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FingerMan
First off...

Blame the media. The media in Jerusalem, the US, and the UK are ALL tabloid artists. Period! They want a war, rumors of war, etc. Why? Because it's good for business. More drama means more people buying papers, watching news programs, and clicking links on news sites.

Israel and the US have not changed their stances whatsoever. They have always just laid low waiting. Waiting for the time and circumstance. That time and circumstance in the press. If the press are pushing for something, then you are right to think it will happen.

If the press found something else to report on, then this issue would die a slow death until brought up again.

Israel will destroy the nukes. Everybody knows this. And if they don't, the US will. It's plain and simple. Black and white.

Does this make Israel the bad guys?
If the answer to that question is yes. Then I hope you've done your research well. Coz I have. And I think you are traitorously mistanken.
Israel is not completely blameless. But neither is the US when it comes to absolutely anything! 911/Iraq/etc.

Israel is our friend. They are good people. And yes! They are the people through whom we have a relationship/history lesson from/with GOD.

It really doesn't matter IMO what anybody thinks though. Like I said,,, do your homework. If you like conspiracy theories, then this is the biggest one in the history of mankind. The fact that Israel exists at all, pulled from the ashes of nations throughout the world to become a country again!
Go read the book of Zechariah! Then look at this situation with a new set of eyes.

Iran is not our friend. I hope that we do not go to war with Iran. I hope that Israel finds another way to prevent Iran from attaining the "CheckMate" ability with a nuke.

Israel's security is absolutely at stake.
Iran could drop twenty bombs on the US and we'd barely know what hit us. Israel would be completely demolished by just one.

Know all the facts before you judge openly.

"Traitorously mistanken" I hope you misspelled that on purpose because it seemed like you were calling this guy a traitor for stating current events?

Iran can't hit the US with one nuke much less 20 and Israel has plenty of anti-missile scuds.

I love how you quote the bible to justify your stance and call this guy a traitor for stating the obvious.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by supine

Ok, I am done talking to you as you are apparently doing nothing but playing the role of trying to instigate something. So why don't you run off to another thread and troll someone else. Those were replies to a previous post that doesn't change my Original Post

You mean you are done typing at me?

Here is a link from me that says Israel was called Palestine at the time of Jesus. It was called Palestine for a reason at the time.

www.sundayschoollessons.com...

Most of the people in the Bible stories lived in or around a land that was called Palestine in Jesus' day, and which is now part of the modern state of Israel. Rome was a city-state then (Rome is now the capital of Italy), ruling large tracts of land around the Mediterranean Sea, including Palestine. The Herod family that ruled Palestine during Jesus' lifetime was from Idumea, a southern province in Palestine.

Getting your facts straight when it comes to making a point in your own thread is important.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I am active duty. Funny you think visiting there makes your stance more legitimate.?

WW2 is recent history. The brits screwed the entire middle east up. Badly.
Palestine was a baren wasteland until the jews cultivated it.
The jews were ripped from their country 2,000 years ago. They are back. And they aren't going anywhere without being nuked!

But nothing matters. The arabs will not stop their assail on Israel until it is gone. Period.

The palestinians are actually jordanians and egyptians! They are only refugees because the borders were closed, but are now open again with Egypt.

The United States will never let the arab world slaughter the Jews. It won't happen. Not on my watch!

It is absolutely horrible what happens on a daily basis against the Palestinians. They are caught between two warring factions. They can only win if led in the right direction. And this will never happen. Peace with Israel is counter to the control of the arab religious leadership.

Anyways. Stop pulling the "I am/was an enlisted man". That's extremely lame. I have broken my back serving my country, and so your attempt to be elitest is totally disingenous.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Oh I'm sorry I didn't quote the bible appropriately?............. again the bible has nothing to do with the issue at hand nor does it matter when it comes to Israel now the and issue at hand. Now with that said I have nothing more to say.........oops I'm sorry I mean type to you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FingerMan

Interestingly enough I was active duty and I was in Israel as a member of the US Armed Forces and frankly the Saudi's had more respect for the US Soldiers then Israel. So you can say what you want, but I have been there.

I love how you said not on my watch as if you actually have control over what happens in a country by yourself single handed? impressive.

Excuse me.. I must add you know absolute sh*t about me or what I have done. If you look at my other posts I have stated time and time again that I was in the US Army yes that's right United States Army. I served my country and I fought for my country. I was shot at for my country and I have shot people for my country. So if you are in the service I appreciate your contributions but please do not patronize me by assuming you know me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join