It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP blocks subpoena asking for documents about the oil spill from BP Halliburton, Transocean and Cam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Disgusting.

GOP blocks Dem attempt to subpoena oil company CEOs

Republicans on the House Natural Resources Committee on Wednesday rejected an attempt by Democrats to subpoena the CEOs of BP and the other companies blamed for last year’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), the ranking Democrat on the committee, offered a motion to subpoena the CEOs of BP, Halliburton, Transocean and Cameron. But in a 17-13 party-line vote, every Republican on the committee voted to table the subpoena request.

Republicans, protecting the corporate criminals since it was taking over by corporate shills.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

God damn it!

Why the hell do republicans constantly have to do things like this?
Grow a set of truck nuts guys and let the American people have the info.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ummm... why? It was one of Obama's biggest fiasco's, rubbing his face in it seems like a wonderful idea. Though, those corporations are huge Republican party supporters, perhaps they didn't want to risk the money? Especially considering how beneficial Obama and the Democrats were to covering the whole thing up, they might be afraid to lose support.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They're just as beneficial to the dems though.

My guess is, there's plenty of bought votes here on both sides.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I believe that this is far more important than the Solyndra issue.

This involves your health. The environment's health. And...
The possibilities of repeats.

But who cares, right, lets all be angry about Solyndra and not give a # about something that has tainted an entire ecosystem and food market.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So it being the Dems fault (for the horrible clean up, initial cover up) then have the Republicans block the release of the information regarding the failures of the companies, regulators, and government oversight of the clean up. Then, you can't really blame anyone .. Republicans cannot say it was the Dems fault if Repubs won't release the info, and Dems can say they tried and wanted the info released even though they were the accomplices in the failure. Thus each side blames the other, but both sides are at fault ...

Crony politics at it's finest.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seems to me the only ones needed to go there was BP a foreign corporation and Cameron Political grandstanding when there were already hearing's on the spill so what was the purpose?

Oh and a 17-13 vote? were they Independents?
edit on 4-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

This is precisely why we need to end corporate welfare in this country.

Garbage like this would befall only the people who make the bad decisions instead of putting every American on the hook for the losses.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nice to see the GOP is sticking to their motto.
Kneel for the money.
Protect and kiss the butt of the corporations as much as possible.
And piss on America every chance you get.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Disgusting.

GOP blocks Dem attempt to subpoena oil company CEOs

Republicans on the House Natural Resources Committee on Wednesday rejected an attempt by Democrats to subpoena the CEOs of BP and the other companies blamed for last year’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), the ranking Democrat on the committee, offered a motion to subpoena the CEOs of BP, Halliburton, Transocean and Cameron. But in a 17-13 party-line vote, every Republican on the committee voted to table the subpoena request.

Republicans, protecting the corporate criminals since it was taking over by corporate shills.

Well said. I think that should be their new motto:

"Republicans, protecting the corporate criminals since 1776!"

This could just as easily be a Democratic motto as well, but instead of corporate it would be welfare. Either way working people who pay taxes get screwed the worst.

Quit your job. Grow your own food. Barter. Stop paying taxes. Stop voting left or right (both the same).

I think every American who is still working and paying taxes should stop payment to the IRS until the corporations who got rebates have to pay the same percentage or more than them. Seems only fair to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Republicans haven't been around since 1776.

And just so you know, it's not like democrats, who have been around since the founding, have done any better.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by projectvxn

So it being the Dems fault (for the horrible clean up, initial cover up) then have the Republicans block the release of the information regarding the failures of the companies, regulators, and government oversight of the clean up. Then, you can't really blame anyone .. Republicans cannot say it was the Dems fault if Repubs won't release the info, and Dems can say they tried and wanted the info released even though they were the accomplices in the failure. Thus each side blames the other, but both sides are at fault ...

Crony politics at it's finest.

So true. One cancels out the other so neither can be prosecuted. We used to do the same thing when we were kids. My brothers would tell me I had to do what they were doing so if I told Mom or Dad I would be in just as much trouble. It works.

Nowadays the only way to get booted from politics is to have an "Affair". That is why they have not been able to shut Ron Paul up or get him indicted on any charges. Who would believe some intern wanted to have sex with Ron? Don't get me wrong, I love Ron Paul, but seriously, they know if they tried the "Affair" card on Ron it would backfire even with the people who think he is a moron.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is one better everyone in the middle class who gets 3 trillion in tax credits and rebates and their free health care and homes and education to the tune of over 100 trillion start paying for what they use.

but oh wait half this country doesn't pay taxes and that doesn't mean those evil corporations.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Well said. I think that should be their new motto:

"Republicans, protecting the corporate criminals since 1776!"

Aint that the truth.

Theyre showing their true colors... AGAIN!!!

Republican anti-American Devils.
edit on 4-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

Democrat or Republican, that is a retarded decision. That reeks of either corruption or ignorance to me. As far as I know, nobody was held responsible for the oil spill. Our government seems to have a tendency to not hold corporations accountable for major things.

Weren't lots of people involved in the cleanup also getting sick too? Not to mention the 11 people that died, and the irreparable damage to the environment...
edit on 5-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

top topics

join