It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland : second Iraq war veteran in intensive care after police clashes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh ok, anyways, doesn't change the fact that most violence comes from outer people, not protesters.

Sorry if I've been harsh, it's just that the continuous bashing on the OWS movement can get annoying at times, and surely there are some folks driven by numerous agendas here, not being paranoid, just pointing the obvious. At times it's hard to tell who's driven by it and who's not, they make the line so thin. So many people have absolutely no idea what it's about.

Have a nice day

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I know enough to know that the movement isn't for me.

It's too far left, and filled to the brim with the usual suspects of American leftists.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I have explained my reasons for not jumping on the OWS bandwagon several times. You just don't like my reasons. Which is fine. No one is making you accept them and no one is forcing you to take my view of it.

I've never disagreed with you, but your post riled me. And I bet it was your intention to rile people.

I've seen many of your posts with which I agree. You appear to have an agenda here, however.

WTF? As a previous poster mentioned, the police are the largest employer of veterans in the country. Do I agree with OPD methods? not necessarily. But I'm not stupid enough to believe that the protesters are totally innocent either. If you let scum into your movement they will trash it.

Maybe this who "leaderless" "message less" movement wasn't such a good plan of action after all? OWS has let some seriously extreme groups in, people with anti-American/anti-Capitalist views who think violence is the answer to everything. These are the people who are undermining your movement, not me.

The only people I see being violent are the cops. I see protests, and I see people of all ages, races, creeds, standing up for their rights. And then I see bullies cracking heads.

From someone who wore a uniform to protect freedom, I don't see a lot of anything but hate towards these people, from you. Who said they are all innocent? I sure didn't. but then, we shall apply the same broad strokes painted ont he cops, no? Ahhh no.. they are to be protected at all costs, because of the rabble.

Kids will run away and leave their uniforms. Men will stand proud.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure I do. Do YOU?

What the hell are you doing, project? Non stop attack of the people who stand up for their RIGHTS.

You have the right to PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE. Not to riot, start fires, throw crap at cops, destroy private property, vandalize public and private property, and cover up crimes to make sure the movement doesn't look bad.

You people seem to behave under this notion that protesting negates all the other laws in the city, state, and country. That somehow the First Amendment is also a license to destroy and riot. It isn't. Your movement will have some legitimacy when you start to figure it out.

You at least have them, Other countries do not. Damn it, you need more than a yeller mouth to speak.

I stopped at "you People". You're a good guy, of that I am sure.

but you have a lot of growing up to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The poor kid is lucky he lived. That police officer is pretty lucky too. That's manslaughter.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join