It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura, miffed by court - says he's off to Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ventura, miffed by court, says he's off to Mexico

Ventura says adios

The former Navy SEAL said he had lost his patriotism.

"I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-11-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is proof that this is a nation of men rather than a nation of laws.

The JustUs system strikes again!

The slide to tyranny is increasing at a pace that indicates those who wish to destroy this Republic are taking out the stops and going full force towards their goals.

Jesse will be back...when he's needed for restoration of the Republic.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-11-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not really leaving as already left, hes maintained his residence out of the country for some time now... Kinda an empty statement... just saying.

He gets one bad court decision and hes outta of here? some patriot..
edit on 4-11-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

A bit overboard for merely being told he filed it in the wrong court.

A district judge threw out his lawsuit Thursday, ruling it should have been filed in a Circuit Court of Appeals.

edit on 4-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I very much doubt that Mr Ventura's choice in this matter is solely based on a lawsuit, and Im fairly sure you knew that. Theres alot more wrong with the system in the US than how a court appearance goes, and the fellow in question is vocal about those very things.

Bit of a strange thing to say about him, baring in mind his history.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The suit was thrown out because Congress set up the law so that all such challenges must be brought directly in Circuit Courts of Appeals, wrote U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson.”

“They said they don’t have jurisdiction,” Ventura told reporters. “Well my question is if the federal courts don’t have jurisdiction over a constitutional question then who the hell does?”

www.infowars.com...

He is not leaving the USA just going to spend more time in Mexico. He already has a home there that he spends time in. Jesse is going to run for President. If people want real change you would certainly get it with him.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sounds more like a drama queen, than a former Navy special operator.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Im always surprised by people that take him that seriously, if anything the fact that him and Arnold got to be governors is proof to me all politics is theater.

Mister Ventura is doing what he did in the WWF, its a work not a shoot, hes selling books and living it up on a beach in mexico.

If he makes a run for president it will be much like Donald Trumps, a publicity stunt and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Not really leaving as already left, hes maintained his residence out of the country for some time now... Kinda an empty statement... just saying.

Yep, SEAL or not...

He's proven that that he doesn't have much of a backbone.

A true patriot would continue the fight and not give up so easily.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by benrl

Yep, SEAL or not...

He's proven that that he doesn't have much of a backbone.

A true patriot would continue the fight and not give up so easily.

I agree and its very disappointing to see someone I somewhat admire say something like that. He should at least have looked into the Free State Project. The FSP is proving an actual effective tool for decreasing the power of overzealous authoritarians.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Jesse is a rich guy...I won't go as far to say wealthy.

I think he is running to save what he has.

Maybe he has pushed a few buttons, but he if actually cared, he would'nt care about that.

Oh, and Jesse, don't let the door hit you in the butt!

edit on 4-11-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
you can't even fly any more without feeling like a concentration camp detainee.

all the government has to do is stop treating everyone like terrorists. they should do what they do best lie.

say good morning, answer questions politely and respectfully, explain what they are doing and why it's important.

stop acting and looking like nazi storm troopers. have clear signs outlining procedures. have a clear point of no return line.

not the ambush tactics they have now.

if people were told way before hand what to expect, the consequences and rights they have and what to expect, people wouldn't be freaking out before hand. give people a choice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Filing in court of appeals means he cannot be judged by a jury of his peers. The judges in the court of appeals are paid for by the government -- a conflict of interest.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The only problem with the free state project is that they chose New Hampshire. It is too damned cold for me to live there. Too bad it could not have been Florida or Texas.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

The only problem with the free state project is that they chose New Hampshire. It is too damned cold for me to live there. Too bad it could not have been Florida or Texas.

The cold is exactly what is making it a success. Only people hardcore enough to sacrifice nice weather to get a bit of freedom are the people moving there. Its also keeping the unemployment at 5.3%. Yes, I said 5.3%.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

" Sounds more like a drama queen, than a former Navy special operator."

So what should he do then Mr. Einstein , just Bend Over and take it up his Hind Quarters Everytime he catches a Flight ? Easy for you , a NOBODY to say something like that . I bet if you were in his Shoes at the Airport , you Probably Cry for your Mommy when the TSA Goon grabs your Balls..............

edit on 6-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join