It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

petition response from white house (about disclosure)(pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
got this email. figured i'd take screen shots and post them. here you go.
here is a copy and paste of actual email:
Searching for ET, But No Evidence Yet

By Phil Larson who works on space policy and communications at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy

Thank you for signing the petition asking the Obama Administration to acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

However, that doesn't mean the subject of life outside our planet isn't being discussed or explored. In fact, there are a number of projects working toward the goal of understanding if life can or does exist off Earth. Here are a few examples:

SETI—the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence—was originally stood up with help from NASA, but has since been moved to other sources of private funding. SETI's main purpose is to act as a giant ear on behalf of the human race, pointing an array of ground-based telescopes towards space to listen for any signal from another world.
Kepler is a NASA spacecraft in Earth orbit that's main goal is to search for Earth-like planets. Such a planet would be located in the "Goldilocks" zone of a distant solar system—not too hot and not too cold—and could potentially be habitable by life as we know it. The Kepler mission is specifically designed to survey our region of the Milky Way galaxy to discover Earth-sized, rocky planets in or near the habitable zone of the star (sun) they orbit.
The Mars Science Laboratory, Curiosity, is an automobile-sized rover that NASA is launching soon. The rover's onboard laboratory will study rocks, soils, and other geology in an effort to detect the chemical building blocks of life (e.g., forms of carbon) on Mars and will assess what the Martian environment was like in the past to see if it could have harbored life.

A last point: Many scientists and mathematicians have looked with a statistical mindset at the question of whether life likely exists beyond Earth and have come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life.

Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them—especially any intelligent ones—are extremely small, given the distances involved.

But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

here are the screenshots

edit on 11/4/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Is anyone really suprised by this statement?

Thought not...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Before the airplane was invented there was little chance of travelling around the world and meeting people from another country for most people.

Consider that we don't really know jack squat about anything compared to a civilization far advanced from ours. Consider a few hundred years ago doctors thought treating vapors and bile would make a person healthy. Consider they believed a weak sick person could be cured by bloodletting, to get rid of the bad blood.

Once we learn about much greater technologies than we have now (at least publicly) the odds will increase dramatically.

Originally posted by Just Chris
Is anyone really suprised by this statement?

Thought not...

Head like a f'ing orange!
edit on 11/4/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Did anyone actually think these petitions would accomplish anything? They send a well worded we hear you but don't really care response.

I got one of these for a petition with more than triple the required 25k about a topic we can't talk about on ats... much the same.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Did anyone actually think these petitions would accomplish anything? They send a well worded we hear you but don't really care response.

I got one of these for a petition with more than triple the required 25k about a topic we can't talk about on ats... much the same.

Yeah, there's simply no way they will tell us their secrets based on a petition. They can hear the people loud and clear, and they just don't care.

These papers are meaningless.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Its actually a very nice response.

Atleast they had the decency to reply. But i wouldnt expect them to say, "yep we found em."

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by benrl

Yeah, there's simply no way they will tell us their secrets based on a petition. They can hear the people loud and clear, and they just don't care.

These papers are meaningless.

The only thing meaningless is you and your comments, ridiculing those who actually understand what "really" goes on in this world.

Come back when somebody actually gives two didly squats about your opinions.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Just Chris because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
one wonders why they even bother replying to be honest. the majority of the people know the truth anyway, all they're doing is showing themselves up to be even bigger idiots than we already thought they were. shameful lies. the white house should be totally ashamed of itself for it's continued blatant deception.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

That about sums up what i have always believed. ET has not visited Earth, the distances are too great.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
lies people are alrready aware of the truth and yet they still reply with ignorance

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i was expecting:

yes we have made contact with extraterrestrial life forms when one of their ships crashed landed on a farm in roswell, new mexico.

4 occupants of the vehicle were captured alive and held by a military. they showed us how to contact their race and we negotiated their release for advanced technology.

this technology was released to the public slowly through the years by individuals and corporations.

the species that we made contact with were the "grey" type entities and their masters known as the "reptilians"

over the years we have mutually amended our treaties to include abduction of american citizens, genetic and cloning techniques, including stem cells and ownership of alien/human hybrids.

in exchange, for the time being, we retain our sovereignty and freedom.

in the interest of national security we have illegally over ruled your constitutional rights and have over looked many transgressions and violations on their behalf of the treaties we have signed with them.

sincerely, the white house.

edit on 4-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
More proof that they will keep SETI funded as their default "we're doing something" position so as to appease the clueless masses. All the time knowing that the SETI project is a really, really ignorant attempt at actually finding anything meaningful...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I got the email, too.

I'm tired of being cynical about the government.

Maybe others think it's OK to lie to the American people. But for me, the lies don't fly any more.

With SO MUCH on the table now about this subject, for a US government official to say...

The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

... is almost corrosively anti-social from my point of view.

Either that, or these guys truly don't have a clue. Which could only mean that they haven't even looked.

And that's beyond ignorance; it's beyond stupidity; it's suppressive.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

Kepler - shutting down
SETI - private endeavor
Mars lab - not even off the ground yet.

I wonder if the person responding for the White House actually works for them, or if they decided to just get a drunk bum off the street to respond.

Good thing the Obama Administration talked about making legislation so they can lie about FOIA requests.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well, I got paid $12,789,000.45 to ghost write the release, so be envious, y'all.

BACKSTORY: Many years ago, when I'd won the worldwide "Cutty Sark UFO Essay Contest" with my essay on why I thought ufology had been a failure as a science [a view I've seen no new evidence to alter], and was the regular UFO columnist for OMNI magazine [the most popular science monthly EVER], I got a strange telephone call from a man identifying himself as an IRS agent in Austin, Texas.

He was responding, he told me, to a 'snitch' letter from a citizen, who wanted to get a cut of the unpaid taxes that would be due for my unreported payoffs for debunking UFOs. He was sure it amounted to millions of dollars and he wanted me caught, prosecuted, punished, and impoverished -- and he wanted his twenty pieces of silver for turning me in.

I was able to explain to the agent -- for such he genuinely was -- about my role as a critic and skeptic of the dogmas of ufology [and uforia] and the terror my effective analyses and independent research struck in the hearts of the true believers and fanatics. After he put the citizen's letter in that context, he agreed he could safely close the case.

Then he chuckled. "I should have understood the first clue," he told me. "The letter was in crayon."

I occasionally encounter people whom I seriously suspect of having written that letter -- such as the person I'm taunting today. Same message -- different medium. Usually not crayons -- but these days all-caps and no paragraph breaks are the equivalent stylistic clue.

My usual response is to plead that I've lost my charge number and the address to send my invoices to, and if they can locate that information, I'll give them a 10% finder's fee for the next payment. But they never think that's funny.

I don't either, actually.

edit on 5-11-2011 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hahaha

What a hilarious response. SETI, Kepler, Mars lab, couldn't they think of something less boring, oh wait they were correct in answering. The question should have been: What are the unknown aircraft seen throughout the years and what kind of technology they are using. Not surprised at all, nothing will be disclosed any time soon like that, you really need to turn the secret places upside-down to know, get it?

Originally posted by alldaylong
That about sums up what i have always believed. ET has not visited Earth, the distances are too great.

Here is an example of a typical sheep, whatever they told them in public, that's the truth, Are you hypnotized when posting that?

edit on 5-11-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If there's any truth to any of this, they've had 60+ years to say something and haven't. The best case out there, in my view, comes from Levin's website. So this is trivial.

His website:
gillevin.com...

In Levin's case, there's an excuse. In the other, it would be a criminal conspiracy.
edit on 6-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The U.S. government has evidence that any life exists outside our planet or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race.

What about the top secret bases?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

The U.S. government has evidence that any life exists outside our planet or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race.

What about the top secret bases?

The guy the White House assigned to review and respond is a low level policy walk. MSNBC did a follow up and the response they got was also less than stellar. ased on the seniority and position of the person they put in charge of this, several groups gave notice to the white house they are going to refile the petition an demand it be handeled by a person who might acually no something other than the location of the white house bathroom for low level interns.

Should be good dinner theatre.....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg about my role as a critic and skeptic of the dogmas of ufology [and uforia] and the terror my effective analyses and independent research struck in the hearts of the true believers and fanatics.

Grandiosity at its finest. While I find that I am not a "true believer" as belief requires nothing more than faith and not a reliance on facts and evidence, I can say that the "terror" you speak of has now-a-days turned into pure, unadulterated laughter. Yes, we're laughing at you and your worn out dribble. For anyone paying attention you seem to have become an empty spokes-hole, spitting out the same old force-fit debunks and repeating the same tripe as the so called "true believers" that you put down with your bitter vitriol...

I once said that I actually learned quite a bit about space missions, space poop, ice crystals, retro-rockets, etc from you, and I still stand by that. But I stopped gaining any knowledge when I could no longer see through your personal attacks and name calling (I rarely get sucked into the aforementioned behaviors, but sometimes must to get my point across I guess)...

I don't want to believe, I want to know. The odds of that are slim at best for me right now, but I certainly have opinions., thoughts and leanings...
edit on 7-11-2011 by Toxicsurf because: must be filled out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join