It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi is a Kosher product.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

So, No One force me but what choices i have ?

Oh please, you are coming across as pouting now. What choice do you have? You have plenty of choice.... How many soda's exist? Buy one that is not labeled as kosher.

So, there are 45,000 products that are labeled kosher? That leaves much much more than 45,000 that are NOT kosher....

Honestly, the Jews are the ones that have to be careful. Take a look at any store.... I will bet you, 95% or more of the products are non kosher.

For you to even attempt to imply that you have little to no choice, is silly.
edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In these times of industrial food production, strange chemical additives, HFCS and profit over health, I am not the least bit concerned about having a rabbi check over the food that I eat. In fact, I think I trust the rabbi more than the company inspector or the governement appointed heath inspector. I don't care for the jewish religion anymore than I care about islam or christianity (I am an atheist and proud of it)... but I care about what I eat.

And by the way, Pepsi (or other soft drink for that matter) should NOT be kosher, they are crap for your body. Drink water, drink real juice, drink wine, drink scotch ... anything but that fizzy sirop they call drink. ;-)

Edit: This thread made me read more about kosher and halal food ... they have some pretty strange criteria for judging if a food is kosher. FYI some wiki links :

kosher food
Halal
[en.wikipedia.org...]Comparison between the two[/url]

edit on 4-11-2011 by grandnic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Honestly, the Jews are the ones that have to be careful. Take a look at any store.... I will bet you, 95% or more of the products are non kosher.

Im curious enough, i will check next time at my usual grocery.

If your right i will be the first to admit that im wrong about the " i have no choice "

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Fair enough.

Sounds like a deal.

Oh and no going to Jewish specialty grocery stores. That's cheating.

No, but really, I look forward to hearing your results.

edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

I think I trust the rabbi more than the company inspector or the governement appointed heath inspector.

You know what's ironic ? I agree 100% with you on that one.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You know, I agree with Gandnic as well on that one.

But honestly, kosher or not. I really need to stop drinking sodas again. They are bad for me... But I like them so much.

ha, I call my self a coke head.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Im not here to troll, im asking questions and for now i received pretty informative and intelligent reply from you folks.

I like answers, information and opinions.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Im not here to troll, im asking questions and for now i received pretty informative and intelligent reply from you folks.

I like answers, information and opinions.

Oh, I know this. You did not come across as a troll to me.

You have asked very good questions.

Hey, that is the only way to learn the truth. Asking questions. Never be afraid to do so.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You can buy any pork product...non kosher automatically...if you eat rabbit or tuna...non kosher...eat processed cheese stuff...non kosher...lots of foods on the grocery that are non kosher...most gelatin based products are non kosher...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You live to close to Outremont my friend ;-p

I miss those jewish eateries in Montreal ... I'll take a Schwartz
smoked meat sandwich over any non-kosher food. And ironicaly, if I remember correctly, they serve bacon at Beauty's.

I miss Montreal some day ... only some day

Cheers B3lz3buth and Salut

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I just finished a quick check in my kitchen, and it start to sound bad for me.

Except some pickles and that frakking Pepsi no products are Kosher certified in my fridge.

Think i have to give you that one. I don't expect different results at my store.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Ohhh your so right, Schwartz make the best baddass smoked meat in the world.

But you have ASHTON who make the best poutine, a fair trade.

edit on 4/11/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

i was explaining to a friend that i had a theory that the 'kosher' system for food was actually less corrupt than the FDA system for food, just a theory in that the FDA is a group of people who can be motivated by alterior goals or money, whereas a religious based practice of food handling and whatnot would likely be less corruptable, just a thoery.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ohhh your so right, Schwartz make the best baddass smoked meat in the world.

But you have ASHTON who make the best poutine, a fair trade.

Now I'll have to ask them if their poutine is kosher :-)

I used to have the same interrogation / fear / suspicion as you about kosher food. Being a atheist I was a bit concerned about having this religious pratice imposed on me and my familly. After some reading and reflexion, I found out that there where far worst things than kosher food. Being able to change your opinion is a strong sign of intelligence and wisdom.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think I trust the rabbi more than the company inspector or the governement appointed heath inspector.

You know what's ironic ? I agree 100% with you on that one.

Good to see you are being less critical and thinking about the fact that you do have choices when it comes to food selection.

Here is something I found for you about a typical grocery chain in the Phoenix area. The store is 144,000 square feet. Now, notice how many square feet, and what amount of shelf space the kosher food section gets.

This is a big deal, as the publication is a Jewish one:

www.jewishaz.com...

At Tatum and Shea, that translates into 68 feet of shelf space and two endcaps (the displays at the end of supermarket aisles) for kosher packaged foods; six doors of frozen kosher food (one will be for meat, five for other frozen foods); and an eight-foot open-air deli case featuring packaged kosher grocery, meat and deli items.

It seems to me that in a marketplace like this in Phoenix, it would be the other way around with the people seeking Kosher foods complaining!

And oye vey, Phoenix gets a huge number of Jewish Snow birds from the east coast, up north etc., in the winter!

edit on 4-11-2011 by supine because: link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Now I'll have to ask them if their poutine is kosher :-)

Je pensais justement la meme chose
Just thinking the same...

And yes if we think globally there are far worst things. My Kosher issue is soooo far less serious than OGM, Monsanto, and all the foods processing / poisoning issues we have right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Thanks its good to have both side of story.

68 ft over 144 000 really ?

They prefer to put a 400-square-foot wine cellar, with a tasting bar and wine stewards to help make choices, a car wash and pool and garden supplies and of course U.S. Bank and Fred Meyer Jewelers.

I can't agree to have those useless departments and stores over foods shelves.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I must be the only one that can see an Eye in that Logo of theirs....
Hmmmmm.... Just saying.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The thing i have with that is im FORCED to eat and drink Kosher products. I am not jew and i don't care about their religion, no racism here, only a CHOICE issue.

Did i force others to drink or eat something Benited by a catholic priest ?

Did i force others to take part of ANY believes or faith i have ? A big NO so why they have the right to do this ?

To those who tell me " just stop drinking Pespi " there is more than 45 000 products, can i stop to eat or drink those too ? what im gonna eat ?

Im FORCED to take part of others peoples faith and religion and i don't like that at all

Over-react much?
Do you also want to start a thread complaining about the little note on the side of your soda can that says "Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine" ? You might also start one complaining about the warnings on some candy bars that they contain peanuts.

Eating food that happens to be certified Kosher isn't "participating in the Jewish faith" any more than drinking wine with your dinner is "participating in Communion". Think of the Kosher label as a 'content advisory', right alongside the two I mentioned above. There are people who (for medical reasons) can't consume phenylalanine...so manufacturers put a warning on things that contain it. Other people (again, for medical reasons) can't eat peanuts, so products that contain them are usually marked. Some people (for what they consider perfectly good spiritual reasons) wish to consume only foods that are prepared in accordance with certain guidelines...so, foods that meet those standards carry a label informing them of the fact. Trust me, I can tell you from first-hand experience, a Pepsi can be used to wash down bacon, or a ham sandwich, with no lasting spiritual impact (other than, perhaps, a certain amount of gluttony!
).

B'Teavon!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by neformore

Since im forced to take part of others people faith and law against my will, i think it is an issue.

Simple.... DONT BUY IT!

This is the 50% of the world I would SOOOO love to do without!

If I wave my hand over a pear and tell you that I blessed it, and you have not had food in 3 days... Would you not eat it because I waved my hands over it in some manner? Does it really come down to that?

If you had eatten this morning, and I had 2 pears out, looking exactly as one another, my hands made some wavey motions over one... And you wanted one... Would you really care which one you wanted to eat? Or would you have an issue with the one I waved my hands over?

See how stupid this is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join