It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing FEMA announcement, Nov. 9th, 2011, and.....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I couldn't read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned that today is the opposite of 9/11? 11/9

they also ran a simulated test on 911 regarding hijacking didn't they? and that confused things when the planes were hijacked...

sorry if someone did mention it, but i had to say it... 11/9/11 its just begging for an event especially since its the 10th year anniversary year

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Maybe its just my sick sense of humor but does ANYONE watch broadcast TV, cable or satellite, or listen to broadcast radio anymore?

I'm thinking no one under 45 is even going to notice there WAS a test.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loueber

When I first joined ATS I was one of those who always thought "something is gonna happen for sure" ...
but now I understand it is not easy to predict any events in advance.

I'm under the impression that a lot of threads on ATS try to predict events before they happen, or try
to find correlations with dates of past tragedy/events, and they are always wrong, always.

Please chillax, because when SHTF we'll know IT at that moment, not before because
none of you can accurately predict the future.

Prophet wannabes !

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Agreed, the "OMG Yu55 is coming!" Or, "It all ends monday!" are very paranoia inducing titles... and nothing terrible happened.

Best thing to do is be ready at any moment. You can have 3 months worth of storage food for under 100 bucks. Why not consider that? It's only 100 bucks. And it's REAL life insurance. Natural disaster? (snow storm/tornado/etc) Government ceases production in the states and closes food stores?

You'll be ready - and it's only 100$.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Up here in semi-northern Canada, most of the American stations I recieve didn't stop broadcasting at all. The only stations the alert showed up on were WPIX, WGN from Chicago, and CBS which we recieve from Detroit. KTLA, and our ABC, NBC, Fox, and CNN channels didn't have any alert. Perhaps because my cable provider is in Canada? Hmm if not, interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
It's only a test.... because they are going to start WW-III on 11/11/11 and need to make sure the EAS is working properly... Hope you have balls of steel cause it's going to get ugly.

Well it Failed...My T.V. didn't get a 30 second beep or whatever, all I saw scrolling at the bottom was it was starting at 2:00pm est. So I watched the beginning of NCIS lol FEMA FAIL

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It was a epic fail. At 2PM the shop radio made two beeps and then went dead for a few seconds and then went right back to playing as if nothing happened. They talk about this for months and get everyone all worked up and it fails that bad. Post what happend in your area. Here is mind

Landrum, SC=Raido-Two beeps and dead air for less than 10 seconds=FAIL

Seems it did do one thing, damage. It seems that it knock some TV and radio statuon off the air for hours.
www.thedenverchannel.com...

This is a copy and paste from one web page I found

EAS Failure Reports

■Some areas of Southern California T.V. Broadcasts went dead for over 20 minutes
■Most areas of the country had a black screen.
■Many people are reporting that channels switched to a random channel and never switched back
■Some Time Warner Cable customers reporting that test lasted for 25 minutes.
■Overlapping signals and garbled unintelligible voices.
■Those that actually saw it are reporting that they saw completely different messages depending on what area of the country they were in.
■Some DirecTV subscribers & Time Warner Cable customers are reporting that their T.V. played random pop songs during the test.
edit on 11/9/2011 by fixer1967 because: To update

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I can't believe that people got all worked up over nothing.

I slept past the alert like it was nothing.

Looks like FEMA can't brainwash me then! Ha ha!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Our cable box showed the colored bars for about a minute so my husband tried to change the channel, it asked him was he sure he wanted to cancel the alert, he clicked yeah and we left it. We joked the government will not be happy he just cancelled their alert. A minute later the actual beeping and all sorts of different words appeared telling us it's a test came on, then it went back to a colored bar screen. He had to tell it to cancel the test again before it would go off. Strange but as far as we know it didn't put subliminal messages in our head or anything, LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

Originally posted by Awen24
...have none of you stopped to consider that HAST is the first time zone that is part of the US, and that perhaps it's that simple? Start with the first time zone and then roll onward to continental US?

Umm, the Earth rotates in the other direction, EST is the first US time zone, HAST is the last.

bahahaha.
Oh wow.
I should stop posting late at night.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Was on my way to work, when the alert went off on the radio and this one fits what I got: ■Overlapping signals and garbled unintelligible voices. Also heavy static.
What it should've said was "If you can hear this message, good luck and good bye and your screwed."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yea the EAS failed big time, so in the end it wasn't suppose to be for some natural disaster haha. The government wanted to test it to see if it actually failed which it did so now they know and can fix it. www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was at work at the time, but I had three other people on different radio stations that told me they heard the EAS broadcast. It happened at 2pm EST on the dot. As far as TV goes, I am relying on your input. The EBS on local radio has worked for years now. The EAS, from the feedback so far, needs work.

To add: There was tons of static, then the broadcast, and lots of static. That was over the radio.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why is FEMA 20 years behind?

If they really wanted to get a message to the masses, they should use cell phone - texts, e-mail or voice mail.

I know in my area, there is a reverse 911, where 911 calls your home and leaves a recorded message.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I am still on cable TV here in Butte, MT, with one cable feeding three TV's in my house (important later).

The only thing that happened is about 1/2 hour before the test was supposed to be, the TV on the HD receiver showed about 5 seconds of EAS test, then went back to normal TV, then did it again about 20 minutes later.

The TV on the regular cable box shwed EAS for about 10 seconds right at the time of the test, then went back to regular TV.

Then the TV that is just on basic cable, no other receiver except the TV's itself, never showed any alert at all.

One of the most EPIC FAILS ever.
FEMA

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
All these comments about how badly the test went tend to demolish any conspiracy theories about why the test took place.
The system was tested 'cos it badly needed testing. Simple as that.

edit on 10-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join