It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 'Anonymous' George Orwell's 'The Brotherhood' from his book '1984'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hey, all!

Had this thought, and needed to share it. I thought this was a fitting forum for this subject, mods please move if you think otherwise.

A couple years ago I read two great books. I heard that these books used to be required reading for high school students in New York, but I may be wrong. After reading them, I realized why they were no longer required reading.

One of the books is Fahrenheit 451. There's the Wiki on it.
The other is George Orwell's classic 1984. The Wiki on that one as well. The former has really nothing to do with this thread, but I included it because it brought the same thought-provoking ideas to the table.

A quick synopsis on each:

Fahrenheit 451 is about a fire-fighter from a future American society where the job of a fire-fighter is no longer to put out fires, but to set them in homes which contain books. Reading is outlawed and homes found by police or other citizens to contain books, are burned to the ground by the fire-fighters. The main character begins to question the logic of the government and that of his fire team. Ultimately he is labeled as an 'enemy of the state' and goes on the run from police.

1984 is about a man living in a future society made up of 3 super powers: Oceania, Eurasia, and East Asia. The three powers are constantly at war with each other, fighting over the land between them. Because they are each as strong as each other, they are virtually in a perpetual stalemate. This video reads from the book, and gives a visual representation of modern-day correlations between our society and the society described in the book.

The masses are essentially brainwashed into loving 'Big Brother'. The crimes present in this society are things such as talking down about Big Brother (you can actually be "vaporized" for this, where you are taken into custody and never heard of again), not complying with daily orders given from your television, or even so much as hinting about joining a resistance group known as 'The Brotherhood'.

Now here's where I am on the fence about Anonymous. The Brotherhood is, as explained above, a resistance group that denounces the actions of Big Brother and is rumoured to be planning a revolution against the government in order to enlighten the people. 1984's main character eventually decides that he wishes to join this group, only to find out that it is a ploy used by the government to catch people who may wish harm against Big Brother. So I pose the question: Is Anonymous actually 'The Brotherhood' spoken of in George Orwell's 1949 novel, 1984?

If you have not read either of these books, I suggest you pick up a copy and spend a quiet afternoon with one (I was able to finish Fahrenheit 451 in one sitting). Both works draw eye-widening parallels to our society. Both books were popular in the 50's, and both are great reads. Hope you guys enjoy this thread!

Thoughts?
edit on 4-11-2011 by wWizard because: script problem

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Anonymous takes it's lead from Guy Fawkes. Info here:-

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No, I think thats quite a push. Interesting though none the least though.
Anonymous haven't trapped anyone by making them as bad as the people they're protesting against like they do in 1984. There hasn't been a book on the workings of Government passed round OWS to influence their hatred towards 'Big Brother.' And other things I can't quite remember.
Also, not many of the members have been taken to room 101 and have been forced to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 basically. They haven't been arrested and had their world view change so they start to love Big Brother.

We may be walking towards it but we're still a long way away from that nightmare.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I'm not discussing their roots, I'm pointing out the similarities between them and The Brotherhood.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Thanks for your response. One must also take into account the fact that nobody walked around in 1984 claiming to be an ex-member of the brotherhood, so would we really know if they weren't doing something like you described today?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
reply to post by Tea4One

Thanks for your response. One must also take into account the fact that nobody walked around in 1984 claiming to be an ex-member of the brotherhood, so would we really know if they weren't doing something like you described today?

Alas, I do not know. Personally I still think its a push, what would their aim really be for doing this? Apart from weeding out people who disagree with Big Brother. They don't really a mass demonstration for that though, they monitor our activity on websites etc anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Anonymous is a group that uses the internet to be anywhere and everywhere at once. In all countries where it is possible, (meaning except for the most extremely oppressive regimes like North Korea and China) there are Anonymous.

So were they deliberately created to be a honeypot like The Brotherhood? No. Their birth was far more organic.

However, are those with the means and motive deliberately leading the group around by the nose? I'd say absolutely. There is no way to keep out infiltrators in a group based on Anonymity.

Once Anonymous was about causing havok of all forms for nothing more than laughs. Their slogan was "some men simply want to watch the world burn."

As you see them now, they are vastly different.

On one hand I believe many of their goals and motives are legitimately generated by the group itself, but on many subjects and issues I am also sure that infiltrators are leading them to the places they want them to go.

So in that sense, it IS like The Brotherhood and likely is being used the very same way.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

I think Anonymous is TPTB tool that Svali was born into- the Illuminati- that she and other kids were born in and raised and trained to implement the NWO. Unlike the Hitler Youth of of Olden Days, This time around they've gone underground and become Anonymous, like their name says.A paramilitary group that is gonna instigate martial law with staged anarchy not just on the internet but on the streets.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The youth and their followers are taught and trained in all manner of crowd control. They will see special films, that address all possible responses to a military takeover, and the crowds' response. These situations are then acted out during exercises, and the older Youth leaders and their units are expected to deal with the different responses. The "crowd" is coached by their trainers to act in different ways.

The ultimate goal of all of this is to create an organized army of children, youth, and adults, who will know exactly what to do during the coming takeover of the world. The training that I described is going on not only in the U.S., but in every country in the world. Top training centers are located in Germany, Belgium, France, and Russia. Military trainers are often sent to these countries, to learn new techniques, then sent back to their home countries.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Pocky because: added link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

See these were my thoughts as well, that they are being used by more conniving people than themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

What you described is probably a better description for the brotherhood than the one I gave. Government-born psyops.

top topics

join