It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dakota Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I mentioned this and it was in one of the ATS radio programs.. so I thought while I was compiling vids/PDFs for a friend today Id add it here.
This is the preferred way my dad always kept an outdoor "kitchen" in the back yard : The Dakota Hole. Great not only for camping, but depending on what youre cooking you can do this throughout the year rather than a propane or etc. I have a variation on this in my own back yard!

As far as survival, its a low profile way to cook or maintain a fire.

A little known survival aid related to wilderness fire making skills is the Dakota Fire Hole, also known as the Dakota Fire Pit. This handy device is easy to construct and has marked advantages over other types of camp fire constructs. Once you make a Dakota fire hole and try it out, you may choose to use this method on a regular basis.

www.survival-training.info...

lightkeepers.blogspot.com...

edit on 4-11-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by Advantage because: one stupid vid wont show...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good find. I saved it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrodoc
Good find. I saved it.

Cool

I have no idea why the first vid isnt showing for me.. but here it is.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is definantly something usefull for everyone to learn, have use it many time while camping. Works great with a hobo stove as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Happened to tune in last night? As we happened to mention it last night as well as sometime before. Nice videos by the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Happened to tune in last night? As we happened to mention it last night as well as sometime before. Nice videos by the way.

BAH!! Nope..
I had tried to get ahold of you to see if there was going to be a rebroadcast or somewhere to listen to the past shows. Ive been CRAZY busy.. but its slowed down now so I am back to bug the hell out of you.. poor poor you..

top topics

join