It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think WW3 can be averted.......by the People.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
While I completely agree with the topic creator of "A moment for the innocent about to die". I differ in one instance. THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER. Not the elite. We the people, KNOW that WW3 will be disastrous and for nothing. People are awakening to that in droves. Our own militaries are tired of being in Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya etc. How could you convince them into a bigger more costly war? World War 3 already happened. It started on 9/11. That was "Pearl Harbor". We are going to put an end and what gives me hope is that Iraq is finally kicking us out.

This World has seen 2 devastating wars. How could a chinese/russian soldier shoot at US/British soldier and vice versa. What could you tell a soldier to convince him that shooting a man from another country after these wars we are already in. Why do you think China hasn't attack already. Afghanistan is China's turf so to speak but still they continue to be diplomatic. The super powers "cultures" are PEACE loving. The people are Peace Loving. Its only a small amount of people that want war in this world.

We learned that from world war 1 and 2. World War 2 was the last War of Good and Evil so what would East vs West be? NOTHING. We look at each other and we see we are human. We ALREADY AVERTED WW3 in the 60's. We as a people saw that it was stupid back then why can't we do it again. We can. These wars we are in are absolutely pointless everyone can feel it in there gut.

DO NOT LOSE HOPE. If you want to see change in this world stop trying to change everyone else and change yourself. That is what I've learned from all the doom and gloom on ATS. I see myself as a realist. That led to pessimism because I weighed the Cons first. I'm trying to see all the positive I can now. The first step is PEACE. Peace isn't a religion. It's a lifestyle. We as a race are heading towards the spiritual. Religions are on there way out.

The human race is our own worse enemy. We need to change ourselves. Once the People lead......The leaders will follow. This is what I mean.........These men are ahead of there time and they knew everything would be ok. Look at the successes it brought them.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If only ....there were more like you....

Second line.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We are the positive we seek in the world. Its starts with us. It starts with yourself. If you agree with me. Identify a bad habit and and kick it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

We are 7 billion strong now. Why in the World would we want to avoid a World War? War is one of natures natural ways of keeping our population in check.. since the end of the last World War our population has more than doubled.. and it hasn't been that long. The artificial suppression of war is bad for our species.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry had to stop at the "We Learned" part....seeing the way WWII.1 Cold War, WWII.2 Desert Storm, WWII.2.5 Shock and Awe went I have to be a bit skeptic.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The common People of the world clearly do NOT want war: its a bunch of inhumane scumbags who do.

If it were truly up to us, We The People of the world, in power, there wouldnt have even been a World War I, not to mention a WW3 to discuss.

Theres no democracy in the world, because if there really WAS democracy, would the majority vote for war? NOPE.

No democracy unless WE the PEOPLE do something about it. Power to movements like the Occupy movement!!

Because things need to CHANGE FAST before there IS a WW3 folks!!

Things NEED to CHANGE for the interests of WE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD.
edit on 4-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You must completely without common sense! Ever heard of baby boom???? During times of war more soldiers are likely to start families to have something to fight for hold on to or keep their wives from getting it on with their neighbors you would be surprised how many guys out there spill the beans on knocking up their girl friends and wives so they don't leave them or if they die they have something to be remember by or carry on their legacy.... War is not in our nature... it's been implanted by media simple as that you are trained from a child to adult to believe peace was achieved through war and death of the enemy. If there was true peace it would be achieved through the human race (not the americans, canadians, russians, asians, or whatever segregated ideas our well developed egos make up for peoples of another land or belief system) coming to a global understanding of respect for life ALL LIFE until then we are just puppets and the more you support the violence and primative anamalistic ways of today the more controlled you really are the ones who made it so. WAKE UP!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

We are 7 billion strong now. Why in the World would we want to avoid a World War? War is one of natures natural ways of keeping our population in check.. since the end of the last World War our population has more than doubled.. and it hasn't been that long. The artificial suppression of war is bad for our species.

Right...I take it you wouldn't mind being the first in line to be bazookad then? Since you're concerned and all.

The problem isn't artificial suppression of war, it's the abysmal distribution of resources that could easily provide all 7 billion of us. The idea that the planet cannot sustain 7 billion of us only constricted to a monetary systemic way of thinking. If you think with a humanitarian common sense, then there is enough to provide for all, at all times.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Do I smell marijuana here on this OP??

Anyway, it sounds good but the reality is that I don’t need to change myself. I’m not the person starting the wars. Maybe you should talk to Obama, the guy who opposed the war in Iraq and then started several more wars on his own (with another one the way in Iran in weeks).

You asked “What could you tell a soldier to convince him that shooting a man from another country after these wars we are already in?” Easy, you give the direct order FIRE!! The hallmarks of discipline are the instant willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, self reliance and teamwork. It’s a war fighters job to win wars, not second guess orders. If you want to stop the wars you need to vote the right people into office. That’s all there is too it. No offense, but listening to the Beatles or singing Kumbayah while feeling good about how ‘peaceful’ you are won’t stop wars. I'll give you a star anyway though for the long post!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The only plausible way for a WWIII type scenario to be adverted is by the people. This goes with out saying, that there are many that belong to 'Elite' classes in which do not share the ideology of all humanity as being of 'One'

In order for this to come into fruition, there is but one cause in which this can be accomplished. This is identifying a source of oppositiong in which everyone, including the 'Elite' can equate their moral objectivity against. There are a whole host of plausible events and scenarios in which may bring this about.

1.) The craziest possibilities of them all... Being that of an 'Alien Invasion'
Be it a real invasion, or one that is pulled off by a 'secret society' of people who understand the nature of emotions and actions.

2.) Be it a force such as an emerging crisis such as disease or wide spread h1n1 type scenario, or even the 'black plague' that knows no boarders, no race and no class.

3.) This is the one that I believe will be the case. That is the truth and understanding about what the increase of population means to everyone on this planet. For it is unsustainable, and there will be a day in the very near future when population increase rates will be 0%.
The only solution to this, is redisgning the infrastructure of major cities, as well as space exploration. As well as coinciding with the emergence of a 'Resource Based Economy' in which will be realized when all of the Economies around the world collapse, because of the divisions we have placed amongst eachother.

There are many other scenarios, an I'm actually running out of time, I will be back later to entertain this discussion, for it is one that I am very passsionate about.

peace and love

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Really naive to the extreme. Romantic ideals do nothing to stop a world war. Why do the young people live in a fantasy world? I can understand certain people having that dream but are they the same people that think 'occupy' is actually doing anything but venting 'anger'.... Oh thats right, wars are started from a root cause of anger aren't they.....!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

All you posts suck, this last one of your wonders isn't different.
And your avatar is really of bad taste...anyway back on subject!

I loved your post OP. It's true that most people do not want war, I believe that.

I'm also pretty sure the majority of people in Iran do not want war too and at least a couple those people have internet. Let's also encourage them to think about peace and forget about war.

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one and dreams do come true a day or an other.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

All you posts suck, this last one of your wonders isn't different. And your avatar is really of bad taste...anyway back on subject!

HAHAHAHA ... all I can say, is that if I've riled you up, I've done my job well.

We are a warring species, this concept of a lasting peace is a utopian ideology that will never last.. historians will view this length of relative peace without major wars between major economic and military powers as simply a moderate span of rest between major conflicts. War defines us, it defines our history, our culture, our species. To say lasting peace and an end to war and major conflicts is to defy 200,000 years of historical tradition.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
To deny 200,000 years of "tradition", as you so sadistically put it, is my exact point.

We are ALL from earth. We are ALL human beings. Some people will just never get that. But, do me a favor and ask some people would they be for going to war with Russia/China? I know they wouldn't. Its the same fear of mutual destruction that we had in the Cold War. If the WW3 were to happen what would we have at the end. I think if the WW3 did occur we'd be left in a pile of dust asking ourselves why we went to war in the first place. Instead of destroying ourselves over Oil lets figure out how to get energy from something else.

WW3 started on Sept 11, 2001.

I pride China/Russia for not attacking us yet. I don't think they will. We, The US of A, is the terrorist. Iran's President is exactly right. We are the ones going around the world forcing democracy through occupation.

The United States doesn't have to fear a nuke from a country in the middle east. Don't we have the best Tech to shoot that crap down?
Namely, Iran. They barely have enough resources to even move a nuke if they get one.

We are at war because of the military industrial complex. Private Military Contractors wouldn't exist if we didn't have War. Want of example of WW3? Read about Metal Gear Solid 4. That game does a great way of showing you what the military industrial complex would look like in full force. Economies would solely be based off war. War is the "product". It would get to the point where we are fighting drones against drones in "proxy wars".

War is just a game that has gone too far.

Its been that way since WW2. The only thing that says "made in the USA" anymore is on "War Machines". We have had this false misconception that War helps economies. It DID help in WW2 but that war was for a valid reason. We came together as a country to support the troops against Evil. Hence, why I believe it was a war of Good vs Evil. The Cold War came after and since then it has been East vs West. We've always known if it ever does happen that will be the end of earth. We will destroy ourselves. Everyone can agree that we don't want that. People don't want to live life in fear.

So instead the US gains military footholds in this Cold War through "humanitarian" efforts. Its a bunch of BS. If money wasn't being made by someone...we wouldn't be there.

Governments/Shadow Governments lead us to war for their own benefit. They trick us into thinking its for The Peoples benefit. To be "Safe". The whole notion that War brings Peace is CRAZY.

I want you to imagine that UFOs and Aliens are real for a second. Regardless of how you feel about extraterrestrial life existing. For a race to come from another planet and explore the cosmos, I believe at one point that planet would have to come to the realization that they are ONE. To end War and to create innovations that will allow people to live life without fighting over resources. Make resources "infinite" so to speak.

But in this world we have corporations that put profit over people. Profit from resources that come from earth. Who has the right to lay claim to anything that comes from earth? We are all from earth. So when we go to War over resources we as a race of humans should just be coming up with a way not to rely on NEEDING that finite resource. Tesla supposedly figured out how to transmit free electricity "wirelessly" but it was kept secret at the time because electric companies would have gone out of business.

For example, someone comes over to you while you are minding your own business and they start poking you with a stick. Your first reaction is "Stop poking me, leave me alone I just fine before you came and poked me". You are better off not being bothered and to do what makes YOU happy.

I believe Peace is the key for humans to become "godly". World Peace, or close to it, could give us the power of the galactic through HUMAN INGENUITY. We are intelligent beings.

I'm not religious. I believe Religion, was a story that sets an example of how you should "behave" in the world. I believe Jesus was a person, that did great things, that appeared to be miracles, but he was a good liar. He wasn't divine. He lied about God telling him to live a life of peace, love, and charity. Whats ironic is the main religions in the world have almost the exact storyline. So, it was MEN in a lie for Good. It was the best lie ever until it came the point we started to argue over which one actually happened.

The Middle East is in a civil war over religion. The US of A had a civil war but did another country come in and break it up? No, it was fought and we figured out for ourselves why it was pointless.

Everyone can agree we just want to have a happy life. You cannot be happy in the midst of War and Fear. So why continue it?

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
To also add.....

We are in a world that is so interconnected now. That is the difference in examining Human History.

We first had the airlines. Normal people like you and I could hop on a plane and be anywhere we want in the world. Global travel. Hell, if I wanted to go to China right now I could be there in less then a day. That is how small the world is.

Then the beautiful invention of the internet came about which gave us the ability of instant communication on a GLOBAL level. Everything is global. So for us to become One is inevitable. But not through Government because government and power corrupts.

We live in the INFORMATION AGE. I wouldn't be talking to any of you about this subject without the internet. It gives the ability to spread ideas for Good at a rate that can go VIRAL.

So because of the internet it has made Government so transparent. We can actually see how they systematically deceive us. Our governments are playing 20th Century politics in the 21st Century. It doesn't work on us anymore. We have a democratic society that allows us to speak out against our "kings" and their wrong doings. Few hundred years ago if I got in the street and said, "Screw the King"......I'd be dead in less then 60 seconds.

We are in a time where the "Occupy Movement" is about denouncing Greed and Corruption that oppresses our lives. The world goes round on the common peoples back. Yet, few get to live life in luxury. We already live in a utopia buts its fueled by possession of money which turns into power which turns into war for more power.

People have the Power to end this suffering. Its been put in motion and the People want to solve it through Peace. After a decade of total war.....2001-2011......would we honestly want to start a larger one?

I know you have all probably already seen this on ATS already....but its awesome. Its makes so much sense.

This video shows why people have the Power.

This video explains what Government, in allegiance to Corporate gain, does to keep us from attaining innovations that could CHANGE THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT. Government is run like a business. A business that likes war.

edit on 5-11-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Let's see another history channel expose or old war movie about them stopping on Christmas day, sharing gifts and whiskey as they fraternize between the ranks, and get back to the good 'ol killing the day after. Good message, and very timely. S&F for you.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm not religious and I have found I am more "spiritual" then ever. My god is Peace and Love. I believe we are interconnected through "energy". When we sit here and talk "doom and gloom" all day we are just going to commit a self full-filling prophecy with our negative energy.

The more we see where POSITIVE CHANGE can come about the more positive will happen. You have to be the change you wish to see in the world.

Trust me. A few months back I was dead set on believing WW3 was going to happen. I realized it was going to happen if I kept believing it would. The fact that we are "predicting" it just goes to show you we are capable at looking at our past mistakes and even more so because of the internet. I've have friends in college that are chinese, russian, british, you name it. You're telling me we are going to go to war with these people that we've only grown closer too since the Cold War? Thats why I posted the Dispatch song. The people have the power to put down their guns and tell their leaders NO.

We see our mistakes more clearly then any history book could have ever told us with the internet. If we are aware of the building blocks for an outbreak of World War why just submit to it?

2012, I believe is going to usher in POSITIVE CHANGE in the world. We are moving over into the age of Aquarius. You think everything that is happening in the world is coincidence? I think that our minds are interconnected to the changes in the cosmos. 2012, in my mind, is a time where human consciousness is going to make an almost "instant" shift. A new paradigm. We came from the universe didn't we? The "100th monkey" theory.

We here at ATS have already awoken to the realities of the world. Stop the doom and gloom and become the positive you wish to see in the world.

Extraterrestrials, if real, are neither with or against the human race. I believe that they visit this planet because its a "garden" of sorts. Just look at a picture of the earth from outer space and then imagine all the suffering that occurs on it. I think one of the reasons we have had so many UFO sightings as of late is because they are checking out to see if Human Beings have the ability to finally CHANGE OURSELVES. Its no coincidence that UFO sightings always spike in times of potential or occurring "Major War". If "Aliens" are watching they are probably wondering when we will awaken to the power of the galaxy. Peace is the key in my opinion. Peace is only attained by the people.

Think about this. Look at an Ipad. Its basically exactly what we use to see in movies set in "the future". Moving "holograms" on a "touch pad" screen. Swiping and moving things on a screen. Star Trek stuff.

The internet, as a typical home appliance, has only been around for the last 15 years. I felt home computers with internet became the norm roughly around 1996. About then is when you could kind of assume "middle class" had internet access. High speed internet has only been around for a decade and look what we have now!

We have internet on our phones. We can text and contact people at anytime. As a race we are closer together globally then we have ever been. This is the time when Greed and Corruption is being called out by the People right on their doorstep. If we are continued to be ignored that is when you will see the power of people surge.

Governments who just want to continue perpetual War are losing their grip and they are scrambling to start WW3. I don't doubt that. They are just going to run out of time and all the greed we have seen in the past decade is their last hurrah of elitist gluttony. They know their game is up. They can't hide in the shadows when a light has been turned on. The internet is that light.

Good always conquers Evil.
edit on 5-11-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: typos

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Why do you continue to live in a caged mind?

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.
edit on 5-11-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When I first started coming to ATS it was because I found people who agreed with me on "issues of the world". I agree, there is alot of messed up people and events occuring in the world.

Sure there is negative in the world. Then over time I realized there is a new topic EVERY WEEK that says something like this.

"WW3 will happen tomorrow. I Have Proof."

"Proof Markets will collapse tomorrow."

"Get Prepared!! MARTIAL LAW IS HERE!!!!"

"THE WORLD IS GOING TO END"

Its all negative and I have grown sick of it. Maybe, thats why WW3 is supposedly going to happen. We just let the negative take over like we are powerless. Its like we rather have the world end so we don't have to face our own problems.

Hence, why I say people have the power.

I'm 23 and trying to become successful in this world. I went to college to make video games. I am a game artist. I aced all my classes and loved learning it. I have all the skills necessary to get the job. Its just right now the economy is effecting everything. So, I blamed my misfortune of not finding a job yet on the economy. But I realized that was the easy way out. To make an excuse for not getting a job yet. What I should be doing is working harder. Maybe, an economic collapse is what the world needs. To make people realize that they have to change themselves to make it through this world. We grow comfortable in our ways. It made me lose hope.

I would post all kinds of stuff that I would see on ATS on facebook because I felt if I "got the word out" then people would be educated on these problems and evils in the world. But, I realized before I can change the world I have to change myself. I have to change my attitude. The US of A needs to change its attitude before its too late.

I smoked pot everyday. All day. I decided that I needed a change in my life. So I quit.

Trust me. I still love it. Still want to smoke it. But, I realized that if I want to keep smoking weed I need to become successful first. I don't deserve to treat myself to the good feeling of weed. It's not that I'm anti drug. I've tried alot of different stuff but I realized if I want to do that stuff without consequence I need to become successful first.

I realized I was able to smoke everyday because I had no consequence of doing so. The only consequence was the possibility of getting caught by the police. But, I wasn't going to get caught by the police by smoking in my house.

I also decided I wanted to start working out. If collapse is going to happen I need to be in good shape because the weak will die. I used to work out but then I got lazy about it.

So maybe all this Anti OWS is PARTIALLY right. These people need stop being lazy. They need to change their attitude. Even people on food stamps have it 10x easier then the impoverished in a 3rd world country. Our fore fathers of the US of A gave us the luxuries we have and we TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED.

Anything positive always gets deemed unrealistic because realists are naturally pessimists. I'm a realist but I've realized instead of pointing out all the negative first.....look at the positive instead. When we still here and worry about crap we just become a victim.

So that is why I said what I said in an above post. We need to start looking at what we can do to face the problems in the world rather then sit here and whine about it. I'm guilty of it of it and I have grown tired of that mindset. Mind you, I still believe there are "shadow governments" keeping the people down. That is why we need to change ourselves first. We need to show them who has the power in this world.

It is us. Not them.

ONCE THE PEOPLE LEAD.........THE LEADERS WILL FOLLOW.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

The system isn't stupid, but the people in it are. Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference. When we are no longer able to change a situation....we are challenged to change ourselves. Pessimism never won any battle. All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming. Fear defeats more people than any other single thing in the world. No great man ever complains of want of opportunities.

Coming generations will learn equality from poverty, and love from woes.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

And I would really love a Unicorn that #'s skittles.

But ....

Somethings, like Unicorns, are just fairy tales.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join