It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Odd going on in Phoenix, AZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I live close to Maricopa Medical Center. Since about 10:45 a.m. there has been non stop military helicopters circling around and landing at the medical center. In between the helicopters landing and taking off, there are also black and white police helicopters.

I can see the main road to the emergency room entrance, and have seen some military red cross trucks coming and going, too!

I keep checking the local breaking news and haven't seen anything about this yet.

Anybody know what's going on?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Found this,not a zombie drill but:theintelhub.com...

The nuclear portion of the 2011 Arizona Vigilant Guardian drill is set to start tomorrow and will simulate a detonation of an improvised nuclear device(IND) in Phoenix, Arizona.
The drill will be the largest ever to take place in Arizona history and comes just days before the passing of the asteroid known as YU55, the FEMA/FCC takeover drill, and the massive tsunami drill.
Over 200 agencies are set to be involved including the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, TSA, National Guard, members of the health care community, and local police and first responders for a total of 8,000 people.

edit on 4-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Thanks for letting us know

It's great to have people from all over with their ear to the ground.

Keep us posted, sounds interesting.

Someone from Florida posted this morning about something similar going on. Maybe there is some sort of exercise going on that we have not been told about.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Im not sure if it is related, but i live here in the southwestern part of the country as well, and just had 2 military type helicopters flying over heading in that direction a very fast rate of speed. Not sure if it is related, but they normally don't pass over that fast. Im going to keep an eye on this situation as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I did a Google on Maricope Medical Center, and immediately found this on their web page:
www.mihs.org...
---------------
Black Hawk Helicopters, Radiation and Burn Victims To Test Maricopa Medical Center's Emergency Response Capabilities
November 2, 2011

More than 200 volunteers and hospital employees will take part in a mock disaster drill on Friday, November 4, at Maricopa Medical Center....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine
I live close to Maricopa Medical Center. Since about 10:45 a.m. there has been non stop military helicopters circling around and landing at the medical center. In between the helicopters landing and taking off, there are also black and white police helicopters.

I can see the main road to the emergency room entrance, and have seen some military red cross trucks coming and going, too!

I keep checking the local breaking news and haven't seen anything about this yet.

Anybody know what's going on?

There is non-stop jet activity from Luke AFB, west of Phoenix, occuring as well.

It's probably all just some sort of training excercise.

edit on 4-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I am not sure what is going on, but I have been living here almost a year and have never seen anything quite like this. I am directly under a flight path for this helicopter traffic today.

I also did a google search to see if there are any military manuevers going on, and came up with zero.

Another thing odd that I noticed on Wednesday. While riding the lightrail (I love it) there were in 2 connected cars about 6 homeland security coppers, along with regular police.

They had on padding, their guns, etc.....I have never seen anything like that before either!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I did a Google on Maricope Medical Center, and immediately found this on their web page:
www.mihs.org...
---------------
Black Hawk Helicopters, Radiation and Burn Victims To Test Maricopa Medical Center's Emergency Response Capabilities
November 2, 2011

More than 200 volunteers and hospital employees will take part in a mock disaster drill on Friday, November 4, at Maricopa Medical Center....

way to many "Mock" disaster drill going on all at once. whats going on here. what are they getting ready for.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I;m not sure what you are refering to, as far as the zombie thing..

It could be one of two things, either a zombie pub crawl, which is a bar hopping halloween event...

or this...www.astro.ufl.edu...

That PDF is such a crazy thing to think about, I can't believe it was even produced....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Thanks for that information, really because this is kind of scary. I heard nothing about this happening today on any local news.

Maricopa County has one of the best burn wards in the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Things have been strange in Tucson lately as well. Warthogs doing unusual things in the sky that I have never seen them do in 5+ years of residency here, strange fighter jets I don't recognize thundering across the sky, an increase in military planes and helicopters flying around, strange sounds like alarms that seem to have no point of origin coming on and going off irregularly, etc.

Please keep us updated as what's going on there sounds a lot more serious than what's going on here.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The link posted above says it's to "Test the responsiveness of the hospital" Due to...radiation and burns. Ok, that is happening all over the U.S. Apparently.

Bombs can have A) Radiation. B) The potential to burn people.

I submit that we are gearing up for something big having to do with those. And Iran is getting missiles from China, and we are kinda at war with Iran...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

That thing is obviously a joke, or an exercise of some kind. It refers to well known zombie movies as documentaries among other glaring discrepancies.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That just looks like an academics joke. Or did they just make it look like one?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsrreal

That just looks like an academics joke. Or did they just make it look like one?

Your guess is as good as mine lol. It seems like a joke, but very well done.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
4 more helicopter just flew overhead heading west, and this is unusual activity for this part of the country. I live in New Mexico, so if the previously mentioned test is really just a test, would they be doing an inter-state exercise? It may be completely unrelated, but it does look awfully hazy to the west, which is the direction they are going. Could be a fire or something. I really don't know. I will keep my eyes and ears open though.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just a side note, but RSOE is showing nothing of interest for that area. That may change quickly if something has happened...but nothing yet. Also Phoenix OWS is streaming live and I didn't see anything interesting or hear them talking about activity around there. Given their position and well justified paranoia there, I'd imagine they'll start talking fast if activity happens in that area of Phoenix.

RSOE Emergency/Disaster Announcements

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I did actually wonder if something had happened at the occupy movement in Phoenix. It's good to know that nothing bad is going on there with the crowd. I have been down to visit it a few times, and everyone seems well under control.

That is about 10 or so miles from here, so if anything was going on, it wouldn't be immediately apparent to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

4 more helicopter just flew overhead heading west, and this is unusual activity for this part of the country. I live in New Mexico, so if the previously mentioned test is really just a test, would they be doing an inter-state exercise? It may be completely unrelated, but it does look awfully hazy to the west, which is the direction they are going. Could be a fire or something.

Perhaps you are referiing to the clouds and dust that are blowing in from Southern California?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

are you joking with that comment?
?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join