It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im building a time machine, I know where im going, where will YOU go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wanted to start a thread about time travel, We all wish at some point we could go back and change something or change many things in our lives that have set us back. Like me, my life has been riddled with poor choices and everyday I wish I could change some of them. My credit issues have cost me a career so for starters id go back and fix that first...I will contribute more during the life of this thread. Im having a real bad day so this could be theraputic for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'd go back and convince my mother to abort me !

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

You know that "Time" is a fabrication of our mind, and moving through a fabrication is impossible, right?
IF, it were possible, i would go back to the time before americans arrived here, i would want to be with the indians, and the more primative cultures, because they were more connected with nature than we are now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

There are times I feel that same way to be perfectly honest, especially today

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Are you building a time machine? Like a clock? Hah, sorry, it was the first thing that came to mind.

I personally believe that time machines are probably not possible because time isn't real, it's a form of measurement we invented in our minds.

Is a inch or meter real? Or is it an arbitrary form of measurement designed by humans to conceptualize and quantify our perception of 'distance'?

Is a liter or gram real? Or is it an arbitrary form of measurement designed by humans to conceptualize and quantify etc etc??

Is a minute or hour real? Or.....

You get the point.

Time machines are probably not even a logical possibility since we made up the concept in the first place.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by Blu82

You know that "Time" is a fabrication of our mind, and moving through a fabrication is impossible, right?
IF, it were possible, i would go back to the time before americans arrived here, i would want to be with the indians, and the more primative cultures, because they were more connected with nature than we are now.

Hah, you beat me to it! I guess I rambled and typed too much thus giving you the edge.

Good work though, very good work.

Time is a fabrication of our mind.
And yes creating a machine that taps into fabrications and creates reality doesn't seem logical.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
I'd go back and convince my mother to abort me !

Your mom would probably think you were just some random crazy dude coming up to her saying crazy stuff "Abort me abort me!"

She would be like "Hello 911? Help!!"

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I like the logical reasoning on time, Seems like time could be just a fabrication, so maybe im lucid dreaming all of this?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would definately go back to the time before the first humans arrived in North America and take my community with me. Kinda like Terra Nova without the Psychotic dinosaurs.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When, would be the better question than where.

I'd go back to the first moment where one could buy both Microsoft and Apple stock, and get just some modest shares....then, upon coming back, woo hoo! I'm loaded!

Seriously though, I'd like to go back and see some of the key events in the Bible, just to see if they happened as reported. I'm betting they didn't...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

An honest response, yes id probably do that too, There are many things id change and points and placed I go back to....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

There are some things in my past that I would like to have done differently but with that being said, I wouldn't change anything about my life because our experiences make us who we are. I like the person who I am today and I love my kids and wife so would not want to change anything in my past. My past made me who I am today.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would do back and punch my 16 year old self in the face. Hug my step-dad and tell him how much I really did love and care about him, and that he needs to see a doctor. I would have warned myself about a certain man who ruined my life, and to never get a credit card.
If only it were possible, life now would be so much easier.

edit on 4-11-2011 by lilowl53 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"Time is nature's way of stopping everything from happening at once."

I'm not sure I agree with the time is not real thing though. I mean sure, it is not like you can snap a meter on and measure it like say electric current or the intensity of a distant star but I do think it exists, if only as a mental concept. Being late/early for an appointment can be embarrassing.

I would go waaay into the future, where we have all become 5th density beings, live in peace and abundance. I would be sure to look up John Titor too.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmbsc
reply to post by Blu82

There are some things in my past that I would like to have done differently but with that being said, I wouldn't change anything about my life because our experiences make us who we are. I like the person who I am today and I love my kids and wife so would not want to change anything in my past. My past made me who I am today.

That is a beautiful response, I agree with you, but its just me, a mom and a dad, no wife or kids so the way im feeling today id change so much but if i had what you did then id probably feel the same way as you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i would go back and see who built the pyramids and how xD sit on the grassy nole in dallas for the jfk event and maybe visit jesus oh and id be at roswell with a high quality cam

edit on 4-11-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would go back to find out if we were evolved , created or even a re-population of this rock happened . On an added bonus side trip head on over to Easter Island .

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would go back to Greece, with a lighter and a torch and few other easy to use devices and be treated as a god

or woodstock and have a proper party, see some qulity bands, maybe see pink floyd on the dark side of the moon tour, or go see if atlantis ever exsisted

Surley although time i a fabrication and a measurment created by humans space time is infact the (however measured but for ease we shall say) time in which planets were situated in space ona certain revolution (by both a planet and around its sun) and thus a space time travel machine would be buildable?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Id like to go back to the civil war with my M-4 and a bunch of ammo, maybe sway the outcome of the war, what would our country be like today if the South won?...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Dec. 12 2012.

Then I will come back here to tonight, right now, and report.

Be back in a few

<<   2 >>

join