It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police won't file charges against judge who beat his daughter on video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think one member has already pointed this out-but there is something wrong with everyone. While what that judge did to his daughter was extremely overboard, WE, cannot do anything about it.

How parents decide to handle their children is up to them. BS stories such as this one always come with the same knee-jerk responses from people-that the State needs more power, and that the State needs to step in and act as parent.

Please show me where our founding fathers created this Union so that the State could act as a caretaker for "unfit" parents?

People are too obsessed with safety. You cannot live in a free society and expect the State to protect you. With freedom comes danger. Period. If you cannot handle the threat of freedom, then move someplace else.

I vehemently disagree with what the judge did to his daughter. I suffered the same abuse at the hands of my stepfather; but I will NEVER ask the State to step in to "protect" the children. When the State steps in millions suffer. None of you have the right to dictate what parents can or cannot do with their children.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Agreed! BUT, then he should have no say in a court of law about how other parents 'discipline' their children!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well reguardless of whether or not you people deem this child abuse the simple fact is that is was. We already have child welfare organizations who deal with these things so I dont even know why you are arguing about state involvement like thats going to change. Or abuse like its some abstract, not clearly defined thing. Its not.

Outside of that though I doubt it would be possible for anyone to be charged with anything given how long ago this happened. The man probably wont be relected and this may ruin his career. I think thats punishment enough.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This is just pathetic. I hope someone down in Texas decides to take some vigilante justice against this trash.....peacefully of course.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Your guilty, your honorless. Get the "f" off the bench.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wonder how many domestic abuse cases the man has presided over?

Or might in the future?

And for those of you who see what the man did as nothing more than ... discipline... if you disciplined your pet in such a manner you'd be arrested for cruelty to animals.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

As I mentioned in another thread, slapping your kid on the butt with a belt a couple of times ISN'T abuse. I've had the belt at least once and the hand a couple others. Thankfully I was a rather pleasant child to deal with. But when a father pushes his daughters face into the ground and continues to slap her wildly twenty, 20 TIMES, it's no longer punishment but abuse. Really, it's that simple.

If my kid got out of line and I felt that a simple talking to or other non-corporal punishment would work, I wouldn't think twice to raise my hand to slap some butt. But never, and I mean NEVER would I go on a psycho belt slapping spree like this so called "judge". He's a perfect example of why I feel that many people in power today shouldn't be. And you Viking are a perfect example of why some people shouldn't have kids. You just don't know where to draw the line.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

Anyone would have walked, not just him. 7 years is a long time and most crimes have a statute of limitations that would have expired by now, including child abuse which in most non sexual cases is 7 years i believe. Personally i think that the statute for child abuse should expire 7 years after the child becomes an adult. In most cases the child (as in this one) is so young that A- people may not take the child seriously & B- the child knows the reprocusions for this is more abuse which will most likely be worse. After the kid moves out and is safe is the only time something can really truely be done and the courts should see this.

I myself had a father much like this girl did. Even if I could convict him of something today I would not even try. Just seeing that mans face in nightmares is to much already and I would not be able to bring myself to have to see him in person ever again if at all possible.

The victim is 23(2011) at this time, she was 16(2004) when the video was recorded

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How many times besides the one that was recorded on video did this piece of trash abuse his daughter that we don't know of? That is my burning question.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by mileysubet
Just more proof that the US justice system is broken.

I have never understood why any crime has a statute of limitations, how does a crime ever become a non issue just because a predetermined amount of time has expired?
edit on 4-11-2011 by mileysubet because: Spelling

I know, right? We should totally be rounding all the 50, 60 and 70 year olds who smoked pot in high school. It's not like people change or anything.

So you are telling me that if a certain amount of time has passed since a rapist serial killer had committed his/her last crime; we should just let him or her go? Where do you draw the line?

And who said anything about "rounding up" anyone for petty crimes? I for one don't consider smoking anything a crime as long as the person doing so does not or has not harmed another person.

This thread and the topic at hand is about child abuse perpetrated by a figure of authority in our community. Not rounding up petty criminals.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Anonymous are on his case.

His personal details will be available for all to see soon. His address, cell phone, house phone, email addresses etc.

This is what happens when the law does not punish its own.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Wow. People are so SOFT nowadays. Most people in Texas would beat their kids like that if they were little #s that wouldn't take the whipping. Abuse my ass. She didn't even bleed. Tell some poor kid that this girl is getting "abused" when every other night his dad comes home drunk and kicks his ass around the house, punching him in the face, burning him with cigarettes, etc..

Abused my ass..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Wow. People are so SOFT nowadays. Most people in Texas would beat their kids like that if they were little #s that wouldn't take the whipping. Abuse my ass. She didn't even bleed. Tell some poor kid that this girl is getting "abused" when every other night his dad comes home drunk and kicks his ass around the house, punching him in the face, burning him with cigarettes, etc..

Abused my ass..

So your point is - don't go to Texas, it's full of abusive assholes, jerks and child abusers?

Hmm?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not at all surprising. The girl waited much too long to come forward. If there was a complaining witness who could file charges for abuse that has happened recently, then he might go through the justice system. Otherwise, there's no chance. People like this get away with murder, sometimes literally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join