It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police won't file charges against judge who beat his daughter on video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So much for ``all equal under the law``...

Police Won't File Charges Against Texas Judge Caught on Video Beating Daughter

A Texas family law judge whose daughter secretly videotaped him savagely beating her seven years ago won't face criminal charges because too much time has elapsed, police said Thursday.

Right. Too much time has elapsed. Give me a break. Anyone else, they would prosecute.

Another proof that America doesn't have the rule of law and it's just an oligarchy. If you got ``power`` or money, the laws don't touch you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just more proof that the US justice system is broken.

I have never understood why any crime has a statute of limitations, how does a crime ever become a non issue just because a predetermined amount of time has expired?
edit on 4-11-2011 by mileysubet because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, simply put, what valid charges could they have levied for what was seen in the video? Now, what are the statutes of limitations for those charges? No need to assume class discrimination here if any charges that could be applied have in fact passed Texas' applicable statutes of limitations.

There simply aren't too many crimes that aren't subject to time limits for prosecution...and this case is a little "Eh..." anyway, as I'd stop a few steps shy of calling it "savagely beating" her.
edit on 11/4/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Whaaaaaat...???

Can't imagine that ever happening, lol.

I also can't imagine all the other things they found an excuse to not prosecute.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A wise man once said,

"When the law, breaks the law, in the name of the law, there is no law, only a fight for survival."

Just cause he is a judge, does not make him above the law, it should make him even more responsible for his actions.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I heard that Anonymous is gonna come save the day for this to lol.
It will be their next thing after shutting down Facebook tomorrow LOL

edit on 4-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Anyone would have walked, not just him. 7 years is a long time and most crimes have a statute of limitations that would have expired by now, including child abuse which in most non sexual cases is 7 years i believe. Personally i think that the statute for child abuse should expire 7 years after the child becomes an adult. In most cases the child (as in this one) is so young that A- people may not take the child seriously & B- the child knows the reprocusions for this is more abuse which will most likely be worse. After the kid moves out and is safe is the only time something can really truely be done and the courts should see this.

I myself had a father much like this girl did. Even if I could convict him of something today I would not even try. Just seeing that mans face in nightmares is to much already and I would not be able to bring myself to have to see him in person ever again if at all possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, there's always vigilante justice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The brotherhood of the badge.....
like they would ever rat each other out
They are a controlled gang
And were are on their turf

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, since the cops won't do their JOB, I guess that leaves it open for some vigilante justice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I didn't see anything that was child abuse but a father hitting his daughter with a belt which is nothing more then an act of discipline which sadly is lacked in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

Exactly. You can't shoulda/coulda a case like this with a statute of limitations. Even had the child been old enough to face her fear and go to the police with this; he's a judge. I would think that most would assume that the police would do just as they have now... nothing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Just more proof that the US justice system is broken.

I have never understood why any crime has a statute of limitations, how does a crime ever become a non issue just because a predetermined amount of time has expired?
edit on 4-11-2011 by mileysubet because: Spelling

I know, right? We should totally be rounding all the 50, 60 and 70 year olds who smoked pot in high school. It's not like people change or anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Too true. Still, wouldn't a "judge'" have more skills than to swing the belt first, ask questions later?

Star for old school values.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think this Judge's career might be close to an end.

Every single defense lawyer now has the best motion to dismiss ever when in front of that judge:

"This motion to dismiss all charges comes now in front of Judge Beater.

According to Judge Beater, the case in front of this court today is to be dismissed as:

1. The father thinks in his mind that he did the right thing
2. It actually 'looks worse than it is'
3. The so called abused child needed to take it like a woman!

We pray now that this courts sees that the accused whipped his child with a belt because the child committed an infraction thus case should be dismissed"

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Just cause he is a judge, does not make him above the law, it should make him even more responsible for his actions.
Reverse that, then think about it for a moment.

Just (be)cause he is a judge, does not make him 'even more responsible' for his actions.

You are advocating, the exact same notion that you are lashing out against.

Regardless of all of that though, what exactly is the particular charge that this man should have received?

ETA: reply to post by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

....I guess that leaves it open for some vigilante justice.

mmhmm. That's always a brilliant idea.
'Vigilante Justice' never brings about any negative end results. [color=707070]/sarcasm

edit on 11/4/11 by BrokenCircles because: more...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I heard that Anonymous is gonna come save the day for this to lol.
It will be their next thing after shutting down Facebook tomorrow LOL

edit on 4-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

I thought anon were going after fox news tomorrow not facebook?

Hmm?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not he is tried for a crime, he should be disbarred, and stripped of his job, and title. If I was practising law, and it was found that I had committed a crime at any point in my adult life, I would be disbarred because of a breach of public trust. This man has clearly breached that same trust with his violent crime committed on his own offspring.

FAMILY JUDGES SHOULD NOT BEAT CHILDREN, AND IF THEY DO THEY SHOULD NO LONGER BE JUDGES

STRIP HIM OF HIS TITLE NOW, SOMEONE START A WEBSITE, AND A LEGAL REQUEST TO DISBAR
edit on 4-11-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I didn't see anything that was child abuse but a father hitting his daughter with a belt which is nothing more then an act of discipline which sadly is lacked in this day and age.

Because going on the internet is deserving of a violent beating.

Glad I'm not in your family. Do you regularly beat disabled kids with belts in your parts??

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A family court judge?
Who no doubt on a daily basis, deals with abusive parents? Taking children away from abusive parents? Then he gos home and beats the chit out of his own daughter, with a leather belt? What a strange world we live in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join