It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Texas man gang raped when he told robbers he didn't have any cash

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

For someone that believes in reincarnation and karmic debt you're a fine one to speak of intelligence. Believing that a child living under the roof of an abusive father or mother chose that before being born is really illogical and anyone that believes in karmic debt is foolish and living in their own reality.
edit on 8-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
What a bizarre story. How horny do you have to be to gang rape a 70 year old?? Stories like this reinforce my belief in demonic possession.

It's not about being "horny." Rape is about control and domination.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by StonewallJax
reply to post by Afterthought

I don't mean to be insensitive or cynical here, but to quote from the article:

They said four black men got out of a late 90s Ford or Chevrolet van or minivan and demanded the man to give them money.

Racial slurs were being said to the man during the attack, police said.

What was the race of the victim?

Black on white crime happens. It is just not "PC" to talk about it.

My abuser was black. I am branded a racist for talking about it. Had my attacker been white, I could talk about it without being branded as much of deserving of the abuse.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Racial slurs?
Perhaps this was racially motivated?

Why is this not labeled a hate crime? WHY?

Black on white crime is not ever labeled a hate crime.

Years ago in Lexington, KY a bunch of black thugs just walked up to a young white woman and shot her. They did not try to rob her. They did not know her. They did it because she was white. They refused to call it a hate crime even though the thugs went around bragging about how they got a white (explicit). They killed her because she was white and they wanted to kill a white girl. She was only 18 years old. She had just graduated high school, got married, and moved to Lexington.

Then there were groups out arguing for leniency for the thugs that stole her life.

There was a case down in Knoxville, TN years ago where a gang of blacks abducted a young white couple, brutally beat, raped, and tortured them, then killed them. They even poured bleach on the young woman to try and cover up their DNA. The authorities refused to call that a hate crime as well.

Whites are being lulled into thinking they are immune to being targeted because of their skin color. It is taboo to even discuss it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Well please tell me how you cope with being a sorry excuse for a human being, if not for karma?

An intelligent person with your life would probably have killed themselves by now, if they didn't believe their life was progressing towards paying off a bad debt.

Obviously, everyone is free to their own opinions. Mine is that bad things, such as rape, happen for a reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by soaringhawk

Well please tell me how you cope with being a sorry excuse for a human being, if not for karma?

An intelligent person with your life would probably have killed themselves by now, if they didn't believe their life was progressing towards paying off a bad debt.

Obviously, everyone is free to their own opinions. Mine is that bad things, such as rape, happen for a reason.

I signed in to see if there was more information about this case and saw the last sentence of this comment. Rape happens for a reason? I'm not being rude or nasty or anything...but just think about what you wrote. Put yourself in the shoes of a counselor, preacher, or religious guru who is approached by someone (male or female) who has been raped. Better than that how about a close relative your daughter or son comes home bloodied and DISGRACED and utters the words: "I was raped". Are you really saying that you would say bad things like this happen for a reasons involving karma? I mean lets be real for just a minute here. Would YOU want to hear that after you were raped?

Karmic debt I swear thats the first I've heard of this. I don't even know if people think about what they type anymore or what. Commonsense...its lacking. I tried not to go there but the ability for people to blame the rape victim always stuns me.
edit on 12-11-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A thought just occurred to me I wanted to share. I know in a lot of the prison situations the homosexuality is blamed almost wholey on the Penal system. If this is the case, and they are really just victims of circumstance with no homosexual tendancies accept for when in prison, then we should see this systematically in other areas where people of the same sex are kept together for long periods of time.

For instance boarding schools and similar, as well as military outposts and bases should have a high rate of homosexual rape and abuse I would think. Not that they are directly comparable but they are very similar in certain aspects.

This might very well be the case I don't know, but I think it is actually down to the individual personalities. I believe they do it in prison because it is accepted by their peers and they know they can do it successfully. In civilization it is not accepted by their peers or family members and they would be shunned and ostracized most likely. Therefore they refrain from the activity.

I think they are just bad people, regardless of where they are or what they are doing. And I mean that in a subjective way, obviously I am not trying to make blanket statements about what is bad or not bad. In my opinion this is bad behavior.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic

I signed in to see if there was more information about this case and saw the last sentence of this comment. Rape happens for a reason? I'm not being rude or nasty or anything...but just think about what you wrote. Put yourself in the shoes of a counselor, preacher, or religious guru who is approached by someone (male or female) who has been raped. Better than that how about a close relative your daughter or son comes home bloodied and DISGRACED and utters the words: "I was raped". Are you really saying that you would say bad things like this happen for a reasons involving karma? I mean lets be real for just a minute here. Would YOU want to hear that after you were raped?

Karmic debt I swear thats the first I've heard of this. I don't even know if people think about what they type anymore or what. Commonsense...its lacking. I tried not to go there but the ability for people to blame the rape victim always stuns me.
edit on 12-11-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

Please don't take this for anything more than what it is:

Actually I would think if one did believe in Kharma, then a rape during ones current lifetime would not be that unbelievable. If one really deeply believed in a religion like Buddhism instead of Christianity they would most certainly have real fear of what they might have done in a previous lives as well as what actions taken today could affect the next life or thereafter.

So as harsh and uncomfortable as it is to think about that statement, it is not totally without merit. Please try and remember that a large percentage of the world is made up of people that are not Christians. Not that it makes them any more wrong or right in their assumptions and beliefs but it does add as much validity to the statement as Christianity adds to the opposite.

Meaning just because it makes you uncomfortable to think about your actions having serious consequences in your life as opposed to believing that simply asking for atonement admonishes you of your wrong doings, doesn't mean that considering that is not worth your time or automatically incorrect.

Also I am making a big assumption that you are from US and Christian, if not by definition at the very least in your morals and mores. I don't call myself a christian but I was raised as one unwillingly and still am unable to shake some of the guilt and shame instilled in me some 30 years ago. This isn't a personal attack or anything either I don't care if you are christian or not I am just trying to point out how this might be plausible to more than the poster your are disgusted by.
edit on 11/13/2011 by sputniksteve because: typos and clarification

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thing is the due process is what created these monsters most probably. Some of you said that they will find the same justice in prison when they are caught but they probably welcome this with open thighs.

This story enrages me, enough said.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Also to note, if this happened to your Grandpa, what would you personally do if you could catch them?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Out of curiousity what would you feel if you found out this wasn't true and that someone released this to purposely manipulate you and others? Would you feel foolish for believing it so easily? Would you be upset with yourself for not trying to see further if things really are what they say they are? Would you place the blame on yourself or someone else for turning you into someone that didn't take the time to investigate for themself?

Not necessarily directed towards you, but to people in general. I think the question is just as valid.
edit on 11/13/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There are no words.

Except to say this could only happen in a democracy, where punishment doesn't come close to equalling the crime.

Love to see these four bastards try this in Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join