It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi's Brother-in-Law Given $737 Million in Tax $'s for Solar Power Plant in the Desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted. Didn't find it in a search.
This should be prosecuted. Hopefully, the WH being served over the last 1/2 billion solar energy project is a sign of more take downs.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Scumocrat.

This administration is just evil. Pure evil.

Not much else to say over the matter.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Why the feigned outrage? This is why people get into politics after all, isnt it?

The greatest fringe benefit is scamming money into your pockets, your family and friends pockets, and funding any number of personally loved projects.

There's really no other reason to bother being in politics. Well, the health plan is pretty good.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What a waist of money, No Way does it cost that much to make this Solar tower. Someones getting the left over money and filling there pockets. wasteful spending yet again.

The article says that this is the first of its kind to be built, I find that funny, considering that the company I work for supplied some replacement pieces of glass, for the White Sands Solar facility, that uses the same technique, by focusing all the mirrors onto a tall structure, and heating it, until it creates steam, Its been in use since the 80's. I still prefer the Solar troughs to a solar tower, much more efficient, and easier to build and maintain.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
WOW...With that kind of dough you could afford to fly Military Aircraft without billing the taxpayers to transport your kids around.
She is the Ultimate Hypocrite.
Hated her since day ONE.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I can't wait to see how the media spins this as business as usual.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

All this outrage over Democrat's doing what the Republicans STILL do.

Why not get outraged over every bit of nepotism spending based the Republicans are doing too. (still, yet....)

Yet another case of, "Create outrage at the other party when our party does it too."

Or it does only count if its NOT oil??

Yeah... political bs.
M.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
What a waist of money, No Way does it cost that much to make this Solar tower. Someones getting the left over money and filling there pockets. wasteful spending yet again.

The article says that this is the first of its kind to be built, I find that funny, considering that the company I work for supplied some replacement pieces of glass, for the White Sands Solar facility, that uses the same technique, by focusing all the mirrors onto a tall structure, and heating it, until it creates steam, Its been in use since the 80's. I still prefer the Solar troughs to a solar tower, much more efficient, and easier to build and maintain.

I worked on Solar One and Two near Barstow Calif almost 20 years ago so its not nearly to be the first one built.
en.wikipedia.org...

I agree with the Solar troughs type plants as the tower type are hard to get use to when they place then along a highway or freeway. Talk about bright light.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

All this outrage over Democrat's doing what the Republicans STILL do.

Why not get outraged over every bit of nepotism spending based the Republicans are doing too. (still, yet....)

Yet another case of, "Create outrage at the other party when our party does it too."

Or it does only count if its NOT oil??

Yeah... political bs.
M.

No one has mentioned the 2 party BS but you. Maybe people are just in agreement this is wrong in general.....sheesh. Some people just can't get the two party rivalry BS out of their heads.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Vardoger because: sp

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, who cares which party is doing it? It Needs to STOP NOW. PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Time magazine ran a very good article on corporate welfare in the late 70's early to mid 80's. One thing that stood out from it was that we, the masses, are merely tax doners to the corproate sector.

Does the US constitution say anything about paying tax?

look up Mary Croft and read her PDF book on that sort of think

new topics

top topics

join