It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people are just sick of the way the world is run??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think the vast majority of people are fed up with the current system and the way things are run. I cannot say how to properly change things, but I would like to say I would be willing to give up alot for them to change. All of what you see around you is a result of poor decision making and a lack of decision making. I think that we need to modify the system somehow to make people more accountable for their actions. Personally I would give up electricity, and all modern conviences to go back to a more wholesome way of living without interference from TPTB.

Im just wondering how many people actually want this to all go down and see a societal collapse so that we could get back to the more spiritual way of life, like actually fending for ourselves and being accountable for our own actions(or lack thereof). I think one of the biggest issues in todays society is that we are not willing to give enough but want to just keep taking and taking. I would be willing to give it all for things to be right but many people are not willing to give up anything.

Let the bashing begin trolls but just know you will have no negative effect on me which you would like to.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm fed up with people living off the govt and expecting everything to be handed to them. And I'm not happy with the govt enabling and encouraging this behavior.

Adding the link: Adult Baby gets govt (My tax dollar) money
edit on 4-11-2011 by jjkenobi because: added link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

unemployments up, if people cant claim benefits how are they supposed to live, dumb ass

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think we need to completely destroy the system and rebuild. I am fearful I am the minority and it maybe too late before people realize whats happening.

I've not only read about it. I have had my own rights trampled on by my local police and in court during a trial I am currently going through. I have witnessed police brutality in real life. I also have seen, and visited with the people who live in, the shanty towns surrounding mines in South Africa that produces minerals that mostly go to the first world countries. I have been to china and seen conditions there as well. I have also been through the broken mental health system in the US.

I am disillusioned. I see good people all around me that suffer because of the greed and arrogance of those in power. May God help us.

edit on 4-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I think we need to completely destroy the system and rebuild. I am fearful I am the minority and it maybe too late before people realize whats happening.

I've not only read about it. I have had my own rights trampled on by my local police and in court during a trial I am currently going through. I have witnessed police brutality in real life. I also have seen, and visited with the people who live in, the shanty towns surrounding mines in South Africa that produces minerals that mostly go to the first world countries. I have been to china and seen conditions there as well. I have also been through the broken mental health system in the US.

I am disillusioned. I see good people all around me that suffer because of the greed and arrogance of those in power. May God help us.

Also the stupidity of the general population and them not wanting to accept how bad of a spot those people really have us is...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Jedi are on it, we can't get to everyone right away though.
Each person you or I or any of us can "wake up" has a chain reaction effect. For every 1 person that wakes up, they then wake up say 5 others, those 5 others get to 25 others, and so on.

It took a long time to get us this dehumanized and apathetic, it's going to take time getting us out of this rut.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't dislike everything. But I am not happy about the head long run to destruction.

However, do I embrace this idea of scratching out a subsistence level existence on our lonely rock until the Sun expands and consumes us? No.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have to try not to be too well informed about whats going on in the world, somtimes i just pass stories by because sometimes it physically makes me sick to see the world in this state.
Sometimes..

This whole things runs so deep, it will be almost impossible to fix. 50 years down the road, we'll be in the same boad, just a million times worse.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am sick of the bankers, the total corruption and the depopulation plan to kill everyone. We are going to end up with something far worse than we have today. When marshal law kicks in then will be the time for "civil war" I believe.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fishman1985

Fed up with the way the world is 'run'? As compared to when? The Dark Ages? Do I want to go back to the ways of landowners and serfs again? Not hardly. By spiritual do you mean when religion controlled every aspect of our lives? No way! Your scenario is fine, but you may not make it either. Basically you want war and revolution, but this will only lead back to corruption and failure again. Not surprising. Human instincts have little to do with peace, but you can fool yourself into believing all this would lead down some road to rural utopia, if you wish. If you expect after an uprising and getting rid of modern conveniences we would live like the pioneers did, I think you might be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm with you on this one.

But, until enough people wake up, unite and rebel it ain't gonna happen.

Not enough people have been hit hard enough yet and everyone not hit thinks "this won't affect me".

Well, by the time enough of us have woken up, it may be to late.

Freedom don't come cheap. There's a price tag to everything.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't think that the system needs to be torn down, though numerous aspects of it need to be changed in a real big way. Yes, the system of social welfare is taken advantage of by a lot of people. That doesn't mean that the system itself is inherently bad nor is it even in the toplist as far as I am concerned of the biggest problems facing this country. If the custodians of public wealth (read: politicians) were more responsible with our money there would be plenty Plenty enough to go around at the end of the day.

Here is a snapshot of what I mean...

I posted this awhile back in another discussion but it has merit here so I will reiterate. The military's projected budget for fiscal 2013 is $570 billion, that is billion with a B. But wait there's more. Profits at the big five U.S.-based defense contractors -- Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics and Raytheon -- grew from $6.7 billion in 2001 to $24.8 BILLION per year in 2010. Profits grew twice as fast as revenue (quoted from CNN).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I'm with you on this one.

But, until enough people wake up, unite and rebel it ain't gonna happen.

Not enough people have been hit hard enough yet and everyone not hit thinks "this won't affect me".

Well, by the time enough of us have woken up, it may be to late.

Freedom don't come cheap. There's a price tag to everything.

All you've ever really had is an illusion of freedom. And that's all you'll ever really have. You speak about 'waking up', but I don't think you're really speaking of a true awakening, like the one that might occur when human beings accept basic fundamental truths about our nature. Your revolution will come, it's inevitable really, but for all the same confused reasons again most likely.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the problems of communism are the same of democracy, theocracy or any other political system.

Where ever human civilization exists in what ever form you will find some form of elite, there exact nature varies from culture to culture but this elite inevitably take more and more from their civilization and give back less and less until it collapses.

even systems created with the best intentions and by the greatest minds in human history have this one crippling flaw.

Until we find a solution to this no revolutionary will every get what they really want from a government and no people will ever be able to consider themselves free.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

You are correct in so far as humanity's illusion of ever having been free.

Read Charles Fort's "Book of the Damned".

And yes I fear if and when enough people wake up a revolution is coming..............but, knowing who the real enemy is will be a challenge for they remain hidden well.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Naw, real easy. Start at the top and work your way down. It's easy to know who the top 1% are. Once you start snuffing them out, the rest will bail like rats on a sinking ship.

Problem is it will never happen. We are too smug in complaining and doing nothing. We like to talk a good game, but in the end no one wants to actually do anything. We fear reprisal, we fear imprisonment and we fear our families and loved ones will be used as pawns. It will take those who truly feel they have nothing to lose to actually start the ball rolling. Once it starts, the rest will follow.

I thought after the whole Rodney King thing that it was going to start. You have a lot of powerful gangs in this country. These teens/young adults already feel they have nothing to lose. All they need is a catalyst to bind them together and you have the perfect recipe for it to start. They are already dying on the streets for chump change and rivalries. When they figure out they can take so much more, watch out.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The top 0.01%.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How many people are just sick of the way the world is run?

I am for one... and the most recent gripe is the way the media and the global warmists have hijacked the debate on climate change by saying that the debate is over; that they won.

This is really a bucket load of horse dung. Nobody asked me if I was convinced, if my mind had changed, if I thought global warming had won the war. Nobody asked anyone in my family or anyone they know, either. Nobody did anything but run headlines that state that we are all now comfortable believers in global warming. It is the tail wagging the dog again, telling people what they believe before they believe it.

It's B-S and yeah, I am sick of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

In this world if your on the wrong side of public opinion as defined by tv you must be one of those crazy dangerous extremists.

We are told to respect people of different religions and races but make fun and be fearful of people with different ideas.

we no longer (if we ever did) try and sway peoples views on the world through informed debate but mockery and insults.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by haarvik

You are correct, but there is still a chance to make a change. We cannot simply walk up to someone, whether they know us or not, and tell them what we know. We have to use technology and show them the proof they need to make an informed decision. It is too late to shout it from the rooftops, it is going to take a little more effort than that now. The 99 cannot give up. Take the Movement to DC and let TPTB know we have had enough. Think of Edgar Friendly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join