It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli navy boards Gaza-bound vessels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Israeli navy boards Gaza-bound vessels

english.aljazeera.net

Israeli naval forces have boarded two boats carrying pro-Palestinian activists bound for the Gaza Strip, foiling their latest attempt to break the four-year Israeli blockade of the territory.

"Israel navy soldiers boarded the vessels which were en-route to the Gaza Strip, attempting to break the maritime security blockade that is in place in accordance with international law," an Israeli military statement said on Friday.

The military said the vessels, carrying supplies and 27 pro-Palestinian
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Aid ships head from Turkish port to Gaza

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thankfully this ended peacefully. I wonder how much of the aid will be allowed to actually make it to Gaza.

I will update the thread as more news comes in. It appears that the ships tried to evade the Israeli Navy. They are lucky they didn't get hurt.

There is bound to be much more on this story. I would like to hear the first hand accounts of the activists.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here are some recent videos on the event.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, at least they didn't ram the ship the way they did when Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney was trying to take them medical supplies.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

At least no one was hurt and Israel didn't use their paint guns this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I don't think Israel really felt threatened by this flotilla. The shock value on these events has been reduced and Israel has adapted to responding to these events.

They have enough negative PR at the moment they don't need another 9 activists with bullets in the back of their heads.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Those pesky Israelis and their harmless paint guns...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Here is alleged video footage of the IDF boarding one of the boats.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
still waiting for the world to go after the israeli pirates the way they go after the somali pirates..

Doubt any of the aid will get to the people of gaza the israeli's will steal it and resell or use it themselves..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am feeling some anti-israeli sentiment and propaganda in this OP. If there is an internationally sanctioned blockade in the region, then it is perfectly legally for them to board the vessel and check for weapons. End of story. You people are trying to make more out of this than what it is.

You make Israel out to be the enemy when Iran and other islamic nations are calling for the destruction of Israel in their daily "death to Israel" rants and parties that they air all over their islamic owned tv networks. Personally i don't want anyone to die in this coming conflict, but they will because there is no such thing as peace except for the peace offered by the grave. Only when everyone is dead will they ever truly be at peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That's a nasty way of looking at things . Why was there no Arab spring in Iran ? Probably because they are perfectly happy getting on with what they do .

Are there protests in Israel against this ? Nation divided against itself cannot stand .

Making hindrance out of necessary aid > thats what I call wrong , and never beleived for a second it would be peaceful in death for the nastier sorts in life .

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I am feeling some anti-israeli sentiment and propaganda in this OP. If there is an internationally sanctioned blockade in the region, then it is perfectly legally for them to board the vessel and check for weapons. End of story. You people are trying to make more out of this than what it is.

You make Israel out to be the enemy when Iran and other islamic nations are calling for the destruction of Israel in their daily "death to Israel" rants and parties that they air all over their islamic owned tv networks. Personally i don't want anyone to die in this coming conflict, but they will because there is no such thing as peace except for the peace offered by the grave. Only when everyone is dead will they ever truly be at peace.

Its an illegal blockade in violation of international law used by israel to further its genocidal agenda by denying even basic items to the palestinian people.
But looks like you're against human rights and support israeli genocide and crimes against humanity.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Yes, anti Israel sentiment indee, not propaganda though. You may see it as that, but that is your opinion. I see most of it as fact. I will admit I am biased on this topic, but rightfully so. To be on Israel's side on this matter is purely inhumane. If you cannot see that, then nothing I can ever say will ever even come close to having you see it the same way I do.

Of course I want to make more out of the story, because the people responsible for feeding us this news do it in such a way that we only see one side of it. So it is perfectly fair to let the other side be seen as well. Do you have something against the truth, or at least the letting the people make up their own mind on what is the truth?

I know the kind on here that defend Israel's blockade and deny white phosphorus being used on civilians or schools being bombed. These are the people who come on threads like this and downplay the importance of the news.

Havea great day, I'm sure that luxury shopping mall in Gaza opens soon

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

If there is an internationally sanctioned blockade in the region, then it is perfectly legally for them to board the vessel and check for weapons. End of story.

Care to show what countries have sanctioned Israel's blockade??

Last I heard all UN votes went against Israel on this one and were vetoed by their chums the US...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So you support a group of people that routinely teach their children to hate jews and Christians , anyone that teaches a child to hate from the time they can talk through the sick cartoons the islamisttv staions provide is evil. I consider this child abuse in the worst form , hitler did the same exact thing with his youth movement. So basically you are no better than them for supporting this behavior .

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noey777

So you support a group of people that routinely teach their children to hate jews and Christians , anyone that teaches a child to hate from the time they can talk through the sick cartoons the islamisttv staions provide is evil. I consider this child abuse in the worst form , hitler did the same exact thing with his youth movement. So basically you are no better than them for supporting this behavior .

Israel does the same but of course that doesn't make it right on either side..

But do watch out for the propaganda..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noey777

Thanks for dabbling off topic with no sources either. In response to your off topic diatribe, Israel has a very large child sex slave industry. I don't have to provide any sources since you were too lazy to include any for your outrageous claims. At least I know my claim can be proven with a quick Google search.

You might think Arabs are animals, but there sure is a lot less of child abuse in Gaza compared to the rest of Israel. In fact, most the child abuse committed in Gaza is by the IDF.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Its an illegal blockade in violation of international law used by israel to further its genocidal agenda by denying even basic items to the palestinian people.

If by human rights you mean teaching children how to strap on bomb vests, and how to shoot ak-47's and run into crowds of people and blow people up, or dumping rockets from schools and mosques, youre right i don't believe in giving "basic" items to palestinian people.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Expat888

If by human rights you mean teaching children how to strap on bomb vests, and how to shoot ak-47's and run into crowds of people and blow people up, or dumping rockets from schools and mosques, youre right i don't believe in giving "basic" items to palestinian people.

Well if you gave the Palestinians Tanks,Jets and Helicopter Gunships then they wouldn't need to do the other things..

Why does the US give Israel all the weapons and not Palestine ??

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Funny, just what is the definition of piracy these days?
Nations get off there arse when someone hijacks a tanker of oil....
But the hijacking of ships delivering aid isn't challenged?

Right now there is way too much suspicion on the actions of Israel AND the other parties involved.

If Israel directs them to a port local to Gaza with INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS PRESENT AT ALL TIMES, and pays for the unloading and maintains a clear presence of an INTERNATIONAL INSPECTION TEAM at all times during the unloading, and transportation of the goods into Gaza, no one could bitch.

This way, IF, there really is arms being smuggled one way or another the burden of PROOF, is clearly established. Then the ship, captain, and crew could be LEGALLY seized, and fairly tried, by an INTERNATIONAL Court.

If Israel was really smart they would demand an International inspection team at the point of loading, during shipment and unloading. All containers being verified, sealed and re-verified at delivery. With steps being to taken to ensure no tampering of food or medical stores being delivered will occur.

That's the NO BS, NO EXCUSES solution.

But hey, I'm just this human, wth do I know?
M.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Clarity.

new topics

top topics

join