It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney lied on tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Saw it on TV last night: Cheney says that there has been a firmly established link between Saddam and AQ, then in a different interview a few months later says there was no proven link. When confronted by the reporter about his earlier allegations, he claims he never said there was a firmly established link.

He's a liar. Grady, are you reading this?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you want to know when Bush, Cheney and Rummsfeld are lying, just folow these easy steps:

1: Is sound comming out of his mouth? Then hes lying.
2: Is he alive but not talking? Then hes thinking up the next lie to tell.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Am I really intelligent or is everyone dumb?
Republicans are doing nothing but talking about terrorism.........there are more issues than terrorism!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

He wont read this one.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Aelita

He wont read this one.

He might read it but, he won't reply.

Everything this administration says is a lie. The sad thing is that alot of people buy in to their lies. On the plus side, they'll be outta power soon.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Am I really intelligent or is everyone dumb?
Republicans are doing nothing but talking about terrorism.........there are more issues than terrorism!

Yes, but can they credibly talk about anything else? They mentioned 9/11 at least 30,000 times last night at the convention. Pathetic and shameless.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Cheney opens his mouth and lies come out. This is nothing new. He has never dropped the Iraq-AQ connection.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
He might read it but, he won't reply.

Here's your reply. I haven't seen the tape you're speaking of. Maybe he erred. I don't know. It's not hard for a politician to forget some of what he says, since they are constantly being interviewed about something. So, until I see something I can evaluate, I'll reserve my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Friday, June 18, 2004 Posted: 2:25 AM EDT (0625 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."

"There clearly was a relationship. It's been testified to. The evidence is overwhelming," Cheney said in an interview with CNBC's "Capitol Report."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Link with video clips of the interview

Here you go, Grady. Evalutate away.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What is so hard to understand about there being a relationship between aq and Iraq. Saddam harbored aq. Helped to train them, Sent money to other terrorist organizations, and would do anything to strike at the USA. Was there a link? Of course there was. Was Iraq directly involved in 911? No but that does not mean there was no link. The 911 commision clearly states that there was a link between Saddam and aq just not a direct link to 911. Get your facts straight people. Listening to only what you want to hear will only make you blind to the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
Listening to only what you want to hear will only make you blind to the truth.

Word.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Okay! I have watched the Comedy Central analysis of the administrations policies regarding the war on terror and I have decided to change my mind and vote for the American traitor.

Jon Stewart is a journalist extraordinaire. Might he have done better to factor in the broader issues involving the decisions to go to war? Naw. Laughs are far more important than truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Okay! I have watched the Comedy Central analysis of the administrations policies regarding the war on terror and I have decided to change my mind and vote for the American traitor.

Jon Stewart is a journalist extraordinaire. Might he have done better to factor in the broader issues involving the decisions to go to war? Naw. Laughs are far more important than truth.

This thread is about Cheney's blatant lies about Iraq sponsoring AQ.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
This thread is about Cheney's blatant lies about Iraq sponsoring AQ.

Oh, did I fail to mention that I watched the "news analysis" of Dick Cheney's statements regarding the meeting of al Queda's oprerative Mohammed Atta with Iraqi operatives? Did I fail to note an evident contradiction? No. Did I see an unbiased analysis that might have clarified the contradicition? No. Did I see a comedian making jokes about the very serious war on on terror? Yes. Do I rely on Comedy Central for my news analysis? No. Did any of this convince me to vote for the American Viet Cong, John Kerry? Not on your life.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Here you go

Here's the full Daily Show video. Let me look for the full interview...

Here's the transcript from that section of the interview:

Borger: Well, let's get to Mohamed Atta for a minute because you mentioned him as well. You have said in the past that it was, quote, "pretty well confirmed."

Cheney: No, I never said that.

Borger: OK.

Cheney: I never said that.

Borger: I think that is...

Cheney: Absolutely not. What I said was the Czech intelligence service reported after 9/11 that Atta had been in Prague on April 9 of 2001, where he allegedly met with an Iraqi intelligence official. We have never been able to confirm that nor have we been able to knock it down, we just don't know.

And how convenient! The June 17 interview is NOT on the White House site!

The fact that this was on the Daily Show has NOTHING to do with the contents of the video displayed. Get your head out of your ass and stop avoiding the subject. Do you deny these interviews exist? Do you deny that they are contradictory?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Cutwolf-

If Cheney says that they could never find a direct link between AQ and Iraq and the 9/11 commission says they couldn't find a direct link between the two - but both believe there was a link - how was Cheney lying?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Cheney was lying because he claimed that he never said that it was "pretty well confirmed" that Atta met in Prague. Yet he did say that.

That is a lie.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I saw the whole report on Comedy Central and one interview and one contradiction by the Vice President is not sufficient to besmirch his over all credibilty. The anti-Bush folks are grasping at straws. It's as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Cheney was lying because he claimed that he never said that it was "pretty well confirmed" that Atta met in Prague. Yet he did say that.

That is a lie.

Where's the link to the "pretty well confirmed" statement?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join