It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Military Build Up on LAC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here is something you will not find the Mass media talking about. A huge military build up on the disputed border between India and China. Could this be the spark that sets off the powder keg in this area.

For the first time, the tranquility along the LAC seems fragile. Whether such concerns prove founded will now largely be determined by the response of the Chinese, who are now on the receiving end of their own massive military build-up. The ball is in China’s court.

the diplomat
edit on 4-11-2011 by jed001 because: bad link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I think I fixed your link.

India-China Tranquility Fading?

I have long believed that China and India will be a major part of any major world escalations. India seems to be more and more pro USA while China keeps sharing interests with Russia and Arab countries.

They both have huge military too. These two neighbors battling it out would be ugly.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

i think it fixed it to , thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

the scary thing is i would not even have heard about this unless one of my friends from india , did not tell me about it

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

whats a LAC ?
hm

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I have a few sites I check frequently that post these kinds of story that our mainstream media normally will not mention. I also get lots of news from ATS.

Usually the mainstream media won't touch a lot of stories until they have no choice to or else get blamed on censoring the news.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by jed001

whats a LAC ?
hm

my teaser made you curious , good that was the intent

edit on 4-11-2011 by jed001 because: no reason

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

i try to stay up with the stuff that the mass media will not touch by being a part of ATS, but i did not see much on this topic when i did my search before posting it. From the article it really looks like a lot of heavy hardware is being sent to the border.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by jed001

whats a LAC ?
hm

same thing I asked myself, read the story and be informed

it dont say whats LAC is..

it use it but dont say what it is.. im guessing the three letters stands for somehing since its in capital letters
edit on 4-11-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

the LAC is short for Line of Actual Control , it is the disputed border between India and China

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

wow, i i thought this story would get more of a buzz than this.Two emerging super powers are about ready to duke it out and no one cares. I guess if it doesn't have Iran, Israel or the US in the headline people don't care.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

If you read the defence magazines, web sites! you will see the Military has hundreds of different weapons platform for the border region:

Artillery Systems inc different types of shells ( 10,000 of one type, 30,000 of another etc) (Bae)
Armoured light land vehicles (Indigenous / Bae)
Night Vision Goggles
Sniper Rifles
Tanks (Russian & Indigenous)
Fighter jets (Russian)
Missile systems (Russian & Indigenous)

It's either to maintain a buffer through capability, or there's a time line being planned to sacrifice 10's of 1000's as part of the Global game of RISK!

Peace, lets be the future we want to be! Stay positive and don't bow to fear.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is highly unlikely that there would be a significant conflict over this right now. It's not in the interests of either nation.

If China were to engage in an aggressive war, the most likely target would be someone like Taiwan instead.

And if India were to commit to an aggressive war, they would most likely attack Pakistan.

Just my opinion, I don't see anything major coming from this.
Maybe an isolated small-scale live-fire incident could occur, but like the demilitarized zone in Korea it will not escalate or progress beyond a few shots. The commanders will call a cease fire immediately.

Why ? Because the war would destroy them both.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They're (Chinese) also, I believe, on the side Pakistan of the Indian border area (Jammu and Kashmir).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

it just seems for years both sides have been shaking bushes and pounding their chest over this , but now they have " kicked it up a notch" as Emril would put it. i hope nothing happens but i am going to keep my eye on it. It something happens it cold spread into the region

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Russia and China bothh have been building up their military for the last 5 years. There is a reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
China would hardly need to lift a finger to push over India, they could just send in the womens corp
I doubt this border build up will amount to anything at all tho. Unless the Indians have completely lost their minds.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
China would hardly need to lift a finger to push over India, they could just send in the womens corp
I doubt this border build up will amount to anything at all tho. Unless the Indians have completely lost their minds.

both countries have nukes, i just hope it does not get to that i could also see Pakistan getting involved very easily they have had issues with India for years

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Don't think there's anything major to it, they're unlikely to get involved with each other. Anyone have troop numbers, earlier in the year India moved 30,000 troops to the border, which isn't a big number considering the size of each nations armed forces. And I'd imagine the reason the media isn't reporting it is because, a - it doesn't look that significant, b - it's not massively interesting to most people in the west, and c - there's been more important stories recently particularly concerning the euro, and to a lesser extent Iran

new topics

top topics

join