It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Reacts To Conan's Same-Sex Wedding News

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

That was hilariously intriguing. To quote the immortal words of Brak... "That Was a Good One Conan!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Great, now I don't know what envelope means.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well this thread is a bit of a runaway train. I thought the point of it was to point out shortcomings in the media! And within a few posts, it has morphed into the ubiquitous "Gay Marriage- Yes or No" debate, which is obviously of far greater concern to most people than the fact that they are being brainwashed by the media.

I guess it will get top billing in the next election again. Whoopdeedooooo.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

If people are being brainwashed by the media - let them be. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

As for the other issue, it's a hot button topic, for regular, happy people and idiots alike.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think the reason why all those media stations repeated the same opening line about Conan is because the story originated on one of the major news services such as Reuters or AP and the newscast writers just "copy and pasted" the wire story to script.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
I think the reason why all those media stations repeated the same opening line about Conan is because the story originated on one of the major news services such as Reuters or AP and the newscast writers just "copy and pasted" the wire story to script.

So who owns reuters? I think you're right, as a possiblity, just pathetic if that's the case. Are there any "reporters" left? I read outloud pretty well, and I'm not unattractive, I'd like that paycheck.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I will go so far as to say homosexuality isn't my cup of tea. Just be glad you live this day and age and not 2000 years ago or you would be stoned to death without any questions asked or even a trial.

I used to think you actually supported the "deny ignorance" slogan. Oh well, *sigh*.

Ancient Greece

Ancient Rome

Here is a brief history lesson for you.

You weren't kidding when you said it wasn't your cup of tea. You make it seem like that is the only reason why people would be stoned to death...I think you have stones in your head.

ETA: Not just people too: From Discover Magazine:

500 Number of animal species in which homosexual behavior has been documented. A 2009 analy­sis of same-sex animal romance notes, among other things, that half of all sexual interactions by male bottlenose dolphins occur with male partners, and male-male pairings account for up to 26 percent of bearded vulture mountings. Conversely, a four-year study in Hawaii found that 31 percent of Laysan albatross pairs there consist of two females; one such couple has been observed together for 19 years.
edit on 4-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Nowhere in my post did i say it would be the only reason you would be stoned to death. I just didn't feel like typing out the other 612 reasons you could be stoned.

Like i said, personally i don't care what you do, none of my business and thats how i like it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I will go so far as to say homosexuality isn't my cup of tea. Just be glad you live this day and age and not 2000 years ago or you would be stoned to death without any questions asked or even a trial.

I used to think you actually supported the "deny ignorance" slogan. Oh well, *sigh*.

Ancient Greece

Ancient Rome

Here is a brief history lesson for you.

You weren't kidding when you said it wasn't your cup of tea. You make it seem like that is the only reason why people would be stoned to death...I think you have stones in your head.

ETA: Not just people too: From Discover Magazine:

500 Number of animal species in which homosexual behavior has been documented. A 2009 analy­sis of same-sex animal romance notes, among other things, that half of all sexual interactions by male bottlenose dolphins occur with male partners, and male-male pairings account for up to 26 percent of bearded vulture mountings. Conversely, a four-year study in Hawaii found that 31 percent of Laysan albatross pairs there consist of two females; one such couple has been observed together for 19 years.
edit on 4-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Lol... you're really giving Rome (the apogee of immorality) and Greece (boy lovers) as an example? Because if so we can start having sex with 9 year olds or 7 year olds... try them, and... maybe buy a couple of them as slaves on a public auction, prices based on color of the teeth and how "well built" they are... and of course, the place of origin, more exotic, less exotic... all this next to all kind of wild animals, tigers, camels etc... like objects to be bought and sold.

I guess you wont mind to sell your son or daughter to the highest bidder will ya?

And please... stop with that nonsense talk of "is natural in nature". Well... am I a freakin monkey, a dolphin or an albatross...? Why do ppl insist on justifying their behaviors by looking at intellectually inferior species and say "SEE? THATS NATURAL so theres nothing wrong with it!"... listen, animals also rape each other and its all good, eat the other female's babies to show "whos da boss" and noone calls them cannibals... do you envy that too? Want to be able to walk around naked? Or just to sh*t wherever you please like a dog?

Maybe... just MAYBE we're the dominant and the most intelligent species on the planet so we dont have to compare ourselves to animals. Why... what separates us from the rest of the species on this planet? Rational thought! Self awareness and conscience of "self"... we base our life in CHOICES not on PURE INSTINCT, sense of moral and ethics (even if some of us dont live by them, still they know its WRONG... like you, even if you like to compare yourself to albatrosses...) and REASON.

So... next time dont go "huh... hon, I want to take a dump right now on that street lamp" "are you retarted?" "AWWW come on hon, THAT CAT'S DOIN IT, ITS NATURAL"

So if you want to live like the romans, greeks or animals, take everything... no just what suits you for a particular subject or situation, take it all!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by superman2012

You can't lose the gay because marriage is DEFINED as the union of a MAN and WOMAN in holy matrimony. So anything other than that must have a different name. If words mean what you want them to mean then all the dictionaries on Earth are pointless. Man and man or woman and woman can't marry by definition. Period.

Ookie, I don't know where you're from, so maybe my opinion of your opinion is meaningless to you, but here it is:

"Very un-American of you." And that's what I think of everyone in the U.S. who shares your opinion. It boggles my mind that there are citizens of the United States of America who believe that some invasive, all-powerful institution of Man called "Government" should limit the rights and freedoms of other citizens, based on the personal beliefs of certain citizens.

I'm Christian (but a real Christian), but I also choose to be a U.S. Citizen. When I decide I don't want to be a U.S. Citizen anymore, and would like to live in a place where the religious beliefs of the majority should control the lives of all citizens, then I'll pack my bags and emigrate to Saudi Arabia. Until then, let freedom reign.
edit on 11/5/2011 by dogstar23 because: embarassing misuse of their/there

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Um...are you telling him that if he wants to give an example to show that what you're saying doesn't necessarily hold weight, then he should copy every aspect of the society which was the subject of the example? Maybe I need to re-read your post, but it seems that's exactly what you said...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Lol.. Yeah, whenever gay marriage is common place and old hat, they won't have the adversity to bind them or feel particularly privileged or responsible to stick to what they fought for. Then it will be gay divorces (and some republican will make a joke about how they shouldn't be allowed to divorce after fighting so hard for marriage, then another republican will say the same joke, but mean it).

I sincerely just predicted the future for you guys.
In all honesty though, I think anyone should be able to get married or do whatever the want. I really just don't care..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Ok since it was your suggestion, I thought I'd open my bible, but it's not what you expect

THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB

Revelation 19:5-21 5 .Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!" 6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the MARRIAGE of the LAMB has come, and His wife has made herself ready." 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb!' " And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God." 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." 11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.

THE BRIDE OF CHRIST, THE BRIDE OF THE LAMB,
THE COVENANT PEOPLE OF GOD AS THE HOLY CITY, THE NEW JERUSALEM

"the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband". - Rev.21

endtimepilgrim.org...

A spiritual view of marriage

A study of fine, clean, white linen in the Bible reveals that this fabric (or more correctly, a spiritual version of it) is the material worn by angels. It was also worn by royalty and by God's priests, and it was also used extensively in the construction of the Tabernacle. At the marriage of the Lamb the children of God who make up His Bride will become worthy to wear this fine, clean, white linen because, as well as becoming like angels (as Jesus describes their state in Matthew 22:30), they will become kings, priests, and pillars in God's Temple. Here in Revelation 19:8, fine linen is described as symbolic of "the righteous acts of the saints." Read more: www.cgg.org...

edit on 5-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I thought it was gonna be conan getting married

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
The thing that is most disconcerting about this is that it is obvious they are all getting their copy from the same place. You don't need to look any further than this seemingly innocuous story to realize the amount of collusion going on to manipulate and guide you.

Yes, it was funny to watch, but creepy on the face of it. They should just call it Big Brother Media instead of AP.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21
reply to post by Ookie

Wait... so it's Websters' that defines everything now??? I thought it was the Bible...

I'm confused...

yeah...I'd say that you certainly are confused going by what you have written here. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by fockewulf190

So who owns reuters? I think you're right, as a possiblity, just pathetic if that's the case. Are there any "reporters" left? I read outloud pretty well, and I'm not unattractive, I'd like that paycheck.

LMAO. Well, you would have the job since nothing you do would be from you anyway. They are all script readers.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by superman2012

You can't lose the gay because marriage is DEFINED as the union of a MAN and WOMAN in holy matrimony. So anything other than that must have a different name. If words mean what you want them to mean then all the dictionaries on Earth are pointless. Man and man or woman and woman can't marry by definition. Period.

What about hermaphrodites?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind

Originally posted by oaf21
reply to post by Ookie

Wait... so it's Websters' that defines everything now??? I thought it was the Bible...

I'm confused...

yeah...I'd say that you certainly are confused going by what you have written here. Good luck.

Easy tiger! That was sarcasm!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Great Vid

I don't know about any of you guys.... But i really want to go out and buy a pack of envelopes after watching all those clips

edit on 4-11-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

No kidding! Seems the technique of brainwashing by repetition worked wonders on you!

I'm having trouble not giving in to the temptation...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Ha ha this is too funny. Its nice to see the media get slammed every once and a while. This is really sad that reporters seem to have little to know control over how they introduce a story. Or perhaps its just laziness. Strange.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join