It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment rate down to 9.0%

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I understand that.

But there is no reason to believe that these things are permanent.

And may I remind you that the government measures the success of welfare by how many are on it rather than how many are not. With that kind of outlook on things it is not surprising that welfare has actually expanded and become more comfortable and lucrative than actually having a job.

Part of the unemployment rate is the 99 week extension as well. Why get up and find a job or try to start a business on your own if the government will pay for you to do nothing for 99 whole weeks?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by antar

I have acknowledged time and time again in this thread that things aren't all rosy. What more do you want?

I think that this statement is the only one I can agree with.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So if a record is not kept that equals fraud?

What logic are you using that qualifies that train of thought as valid?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
o yea wealfair is so great every one loves living in run down homes never having enough to feed the kids right yepo a way of life so freeeee way they dont want cars or air or to ever have extra cash in teh bank nope they hate haveing cash who wants a flat screen not them no thanks they would rather have beens and rice
listen lie to your self if you need to feel betetr but the truth is NO ONE would turn down even a 15$ a hour job for wealfair . 15$ an hour full time =2700$ a month and assuming they have say 4 kids they can get say 350 ebt 600 rent 40 water and 150 electricity leaving a deficit of 200 or so they need to scrape up to even pay power bill .
But hey dont take my word go into thous places and ask the landlords how many people are months behind in what they ow and yes they love living this way

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh, dear, I am not here to debate you, your views and opinions, those days are long gone for me, just to post some realities of how numbers are pushed, I already did with the gov. site, even them can not hide how numbers work for them.

Looking at the overall state of the economy you can not miss the manipulated way that the government does numbers and have done for many years.

Still at least I agree with something you said, so be happy. That is out of respect for been a long standing member of ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
And the Obama administration is taking credit for it in 5. . 4. .3. .2. .

Of course if the numbers had gone up then blame the GOP in 5. .

Beezzer it's getting old.

All you do is blame Obama for everything. You'd no doubt blame the man if your roof started leaking.

Continually, everyone here at ATS has witnessed you cry about Obama this, Obama that for years now. You constantly claim that he is to blame for this and that, and that it isn't fair to bring about the Bush administration during harsh times because Obama is TPOTUS right now. Right now is all we should be concerned with. Good or bad, or just bad? Why is it ok to bash the man when something goes awry, but not OK to give kudos or credit when a policy has a favorable outcome?

Have a little consistency.
You're actually upset that unemployement went down because Obama is currently president. What's worse is that you don't want his administration to have anything to do with the recent job creation.
Have you any idea how utterly insane and childish that is? Are you American or a Republican test tube baby created in a Fox news lab?
edit on 4-11-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah unemployment going down? the real number is over 14 million near to around 25 million and increased welfare payments.

It's how they spin it let's go with 14 million plus the 50 million on welfare so 64 million jobs need to be created to fix the economy but they never lookl at it that way,

Just the people out of a job but never consider that other statistic.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When you have 2 million less jobs available than when Obama took office, it kind of skews the percentage.

The Obama regime will do anything to get the rate down in the 8's even at 8.9% they can claim some sort of victory.

People are so stupid, they will buy it, just like they bought "hope and change".

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The rate has only dropped because all the people who have now lost their unemployment benefit and aren't counted in those stats anymore it is all false and when the truth is known markets will rock from it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Broader unemployment like the gov't's U6 are more accurate than the index the gov't likes to quote. Ignored are people who stop looking for work, underemployed and a fudge number called the birth death ratio to make the number lower is applied. The birth/death adjustment factor bears nor relevance to reality and can skew the numbers dramatically. John Williams of ShadowStats.com estimates ther true number is over 22%. With close to 50 million americans on foodstamps the 9% number simply does not compute.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

These numbers are totally fictitious , they base the numbers on unemployment claims and ignore claims that have runout. There is far more people unemployed than 9% with their claims exhausted they are no longer a number to be counted.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That was a rude response to the truth as I have seen and taken due note of. This is a very biig problem and there are no excuses for fudging the numbers that they want to represent the current state of unemployment.

As I said just take a good look at the growing number of people applying for aid and you will begin to see more clearly the real numbers of people on the unemployment roles.

You can also look at the community dinners and the ever expanding numbers of families and individuals attending those. The food banks and thrift stores are also a good meter for exacting the reality behind what people are going through.

I could go on as there are so many programs stretched to capacities never before reached such as the energy assistance programs, free and reduced school meals, Holiday meals and children's gifts for Christmas, to name just a few.

Free and reduced walkin clinics for healthcare, miles for smiles for dental help to the needy, these lists as I say just keep building.

I do not know where you live or how you came to the conclusions you have, but I urge you to take a step back and get involved in your community this Holiday season and see what I am seeing. IMO these unemployment numbers are hiding the truth and it all comes down Politics and the way Politicians need to be seen during their terms in order to create continuity and not chaos.

If you have some way of showing me that these numbers are based in reality for the average person, family then I am more than open to learning something new.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join