It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA admits total monitoring of Facebook and Twitter.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs, Tweets

I have posted this before that 15 years ago I was designing high speed Unix based storage servers for a major Fortune 500 Information Technology Corporation and the NSA was our largest customer.

If you can't 2+2 together these storage servers were used primarily to stream information in the form of internet traffic and phone calls that were later to be scanned for sensitive information later.

These are found at all telecomm companies and ISP...where the govt. agencies have their locked facilities adjoining those of the data providers.

This really was the fundamental purpose of Fakebook as well as why Zuckerberg is one of the nation's richest Americans. The CIA no longer needs to tap people's phones the information is already out there. Just grab it.

Additionally since no one has posted this here is the company called "Visible Technologies" used by the CIA to scan and track social media sites. Check out their site....as well as the following article.

"Social Media Monitoring, Analytics & Engagement"

In-Q-Tel, the investment arm of the CIA and the wider intelligence community, is putting cash into Visible Technologies, a software firm that specializes in monitoring social media. It’s part of a larger movement within the spy services to get better at using ”open source intelligence” — information that’s publicly available, but often hidden in the flood of TV shows, newspaper articles, blog posts, online videos and radio reports generated every day.
Visible crawls over half a million web 2.0 sites a day, scraping more than a million posts and conversations taking place on blogs, online forums, Flickr, YouTube, Twitter and Amazon. (It doesn’t touch closed social networks, like Facebook, at the moment.) Customers get customized, real-time feeds of what’s being said on these sites, based on a series of keywords.

www.wired.com...

Who do you think pays the shills and sock puppets to Troll here on ATS as well as why we cannot discuss the "Evil Weed" ????

www.visibletechnologies.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Who was the "private party" who paid this site owner 6 figures in 2007 to get a controlling share of ATS?

There's no possible way they could have generated money for their investment. How about ATS disclose WHO that 'private party" was?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Even though this is nothing new, If I were my government I would monitor all of the mainstream forms of communication for National Security reasons as well. The real concern is how far they go though. Privacy breaches and standard operating procedures and authority to access data. Those are genuine concerns I have.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for all of that information - the cell phone info and the agency info especially. I am going back to those links you provided tonight to really freak myself out. I watched the cell phone video - and that was eye-opening to say the least. So even when the battery is in, but your cell phone is off - someone could still be listening? Creepy. It just makes me want to say more crazy crap than usual around the house. Perhaps - every once in awhile - just say something like "Well - there's the wormhole in the ceiling again - I swear to God if those aliens don't leave us alone..." With some cool special effect sounds. Farting noises perhaps? Something awesome like that - just to keep them on their toes - and amuse myself all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by wmd_2008

I agree that they utilize a keyword system to flag important things, but also keep in mind the automated computers could also be building complete dossiers on everyone and storing the information for further use in case they need to look you up for whatever reasons.

But you do have something to worry about...the future.

What if normal things become illegal in the future? What if smoking cigs or having a drink becomes highly illegal? It would be hard to sneak one in...

What if silly things like picking your nose becomes a crime? What if just talking to people for more than a minute becomes highly suspicious and near criminal? What if asking questions is a crime?

All of this surveillance is fine and dandy in a perfect world where everyone is a good guy with good intentions, but in that world you don't even need the spy-net because everyone is good anyways and there's no reason to be suspicious of anyone.

Sadly we don't live in that Utopia, and there are bad people in the world. What if they become powerful government officials? What if the spy is the bad guy?

Saying "I have nothing to hide, nothing to worry about" is clearly a 'thought-terminating-cliche', and your brain is using it as a method of coping with something that is so complicated and omnipresent that we are helpless to do anything about it.

A thought-terminating cliché is a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance. Though the phrase in and of itself may be valid in certain contexts, its application as a means of dismissing dissention or justifying fallacious logic is what makes it thought-terminating.

Lets see yours is a typical response on a conspiracy site EXAGGERATE things example above what if picking your nose becomes illegal ANSWER dont post that you did it on facebook etc

You claim my response saying I have nothing to worry about is a cliche yours is not then?

Well since I am not involved in anything illegal, have NO criminal record/ contacts and I am not plotting anything I would say I have nothing to worry about!
edit on 7-11-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Welcome to 2005.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Any popular mainstream social network
is subject to un-authorized monitoring.
Have you ever read the terms and services
that you clicked "I agree" to?
You agreed to a legal document,
you agreed to give your legal name aswell.
That's why social networks are protected,
plus the wallstreet investors put money into the project.
A majority of websites do work with local law enforcement,
nobody wants to have a legal battle.
It's way too expensive,
you should always read the "Terms and services" when you sign up.
Reminds me of that cartoon "South Park" episode
about "iTunes" terms and service agreements.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join