It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA admits total monitoring of Facebook and Twitter.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Of course we already knew that, but by the first time CIA admits the existence of a secret facility for exclusive monitoring of social networks. Facebook and Twitter were the only mentioned, but we surely can add YouTube and a lot of forums where sensitive subjects are discussed and exposed.

In an anonymous industrial park in Virginia, in an unassuming brick building, the CIA is following tweets — up to 5 million a day.
At the agency's Open Source Center, a team known affectionately as the "vengeful librarians" also pores over Facebook, newspapers, TV news channels, local radio stations, Internet chat rooms — anything overseas that anyone can access and contribute to openly.
From Arabic to Mandarin Chinese, from an angry tweet to a thoughtful blog, the analysts gather the information, often in native tongue. They cross-reference it with the local newspaper or a clandestinely intercepted phone conversation. From there, they build a picture sought by the highest levels at the White House, giving a real-time peek, for example, at the mood of a region after the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden or perhaps a prediction of which Mideast nation seems ripe for revolt.
Yes, they saw the uprising in Egypt coming; they just didn't know exactly when revolution might hit, said the center's director, Doug Naquin.
The center already had "predicted that social media in places like Egypt could be a game-changer and a threat to the regime," he said in a recent interview with The Associated Press at the center. CIA officials said it was the first such visit by a reporter the agency has ever granted(...)

abcnews.go.com...

"Yes, they saw the uprising in Egypt coming; they just didn't know exactly when revolution might hit, said the center's director, Doug Naquin." Oh really????? CIA does have nothing to do with Egyptian uprisings as well as all modern uprisings in the Middle East, North Africa and the subsequent and synchronized Occupy movements???
Well, at least the role of CIA in Libya was admitted by the former Langley spook Michael Scheuer:

Michael Scheuer on the role of CIA in Libya

Anyway, something we must have in mind is that most likely these social networks might actually be CIA fronts, specially Fakebook, which has facial recon features and tracks the users down, even whey the are not logged in.

America land of the free... Seriously...

edit on 11/4/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
No kidding? Wow. Imagine that. We knew already.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I bet they have a 50 cent army too.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Meh
Is what I'll say...

America is on like a million countries' hitlists. Ofcourse they'll monitor the fastest and easiest source of info travel and exchange. The Internet.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
New target for anonymous maybe?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
They can spy on me as much as they want...I'm NOT a terrorist.

But doesnt it suck how we know "they" are watching...even other countries. What if they abuse their powers from above?

That is why the watchers are watching the watchers ( This including other countries spy on targets.) ...all the way to the Igigi....so abuse don't happen from above. I know when someone (Even from another country.) is spying on me while on the internet....I'm not telling how I know. I just know.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Justme888 because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I seem to recall that ATS is now attached to Twitter and Facebook....

Hmmmmm if one was conspiracy minded one might......

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's all rigged
go figure

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hehe I thought this was something everyone knew? :p

It is obvious that they are "watching", or their programs are. Its just programs that are searching for words, and when they find something suspicious, they will look at it.

So don't feel watched, unless you keep writing about bombs and murder.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Any terrorist or other such nefarious type who is stupid enough to be passing on any social network plans, secrets, love notes to your pet goat, naked pictures of you or your spouse in purple split crotch knickers or anything else of a 'sensitive' nature, really should be taken out and shot because that's Darwin's law . . . if you're too stupid to live, well, somebody should stop you from livin'.

And if the CIA has nothing better to do but to sit around and watch for plans, secrets, love notes to your pet goat, naked pictures of you or your spouse in purple split crotch knickers or anything else of a 'sensitive' nature, well that means the rest of the world must be pretty safe because THEY'RE WASTING THEIR FRIGGIN' TIME AND MY MONEY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

There.

I feel better now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Good. But most of the conspirators would probably not use social networks to continue their schemes.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If they are going to waste money watching facebook, the least they could do is send a friend request. My Backyard Monsters will eff em up.! Vengeful Librarians...... That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And we are paying for all of their neat toys to monitor social networks and for them to not know what to do with the information.

All they are good at is killing people, going through peoples trash, and watching people from far away. I can do that, but i dont think anyone is going to pay me billions of dollars to be a CREAP.

Thank you worthless CIA, and your croney bureaucrat do nothing crooks in washington.

edit on 4-11-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shhhhh.... the modulators might catch on.

- PS

Yup... the military invents the internet. We take it and run with it, only to find out conclusively that yes indeed, we've been bugged all along. No surprise this...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We have been talking and speculating about these types of facilities and capabilities for a long time on ATS.

I am only surprised that they are finally admitting some of it.

But I assure you, if they are telling us this much, they know far more than this.
If this is unclassified, what is still classified?

They have probably been recording everyone's private life through microphones, cell phones, web cameras, etc etc for years now. Just imagine that.

You think oh I can go outside away from these technologies and have some privacy, but are you so sure? How advanced really are spy satellites these days? Can they look through your walls even with infrared or other spectrum when you are in your bedroom?

If we were in Las Vegas, I would be betting Yes...
edit on 4-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I thought we'd told you guys.

Facebook, Twitter, the CIA, FBI, NSA, Homeland Security and some guy named Bobby bought ATS a few years back. We actually only hold 2% of the company.

So we aren't associated with the, we are them

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
And we are paying for all of their neat toys to monitor social networks and then not know what to do with the information. Thank you worthless CIA.

CIA is not the only ones watching! China's secret service and russian agents... Really, there is allot of governments waiting for us to plan somthing on ATS. So nobody make any plans and we'll be fine! lol

I don't matter, I dont mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Yup... the military invents the internet. We take it and run with it, only to find out conclusively that yes indeed, we've been bugged all along. No surprise this...

Yes, there you go.

I wonder how powerful the secret computers are that can process this type of information load and make any sense of it?

And for those wanting to link to "known computers" don't bother, if you know about it, it's already really old.

We are like 10 to 100 steps behind here, we gotta be honest with ourselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justme888

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
And we are paying for all of their neat toys to monitor social networks and then not know what to do with the information. Thank you worthless CIA.

CIA is not the only ones watching! China's secret service and russian agents... Really, there is allot of governments waiting for us to plan somthing on ATS. So nobody make any plans and we'll be fine! lol

Did you just plan to not make any plans?
We're screwed !

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, there you go.

I wonder how powerful the secret computers are that can process this type of information load and make any sense of it?

And for those wanting to link to "known computers" don't bother, if you know about it, it's already really old.

We are like 10 to 100 steps behind here, we gotta be honest with ourselves.

I know the governments have their echolons.... My theory is the Illuminati (Illuminati = A few top secret..angents from every major countries millatary complexe working with each other and alien technology.) has quantum, conscious, artificial intelligent beings, that montitor.
The watchers are watching the watchers....infinite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join