It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is on the verge of getting the Bomb. It is time for President Barack Obama to act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I just find this line of the article hilarious
"This innate belief that he can persuade the ayatollahs to mend their confrontational ways"

the double speak is strong with this one

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yeah, the article sure is a real gem isn't it?

They really need some new propagandists if they plan on continuing their twisted influence.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
More related news:

Israeli PM orders investigation into Iran leak

Israel's prime minister has ordered an investigation into alleged leaks of plans to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, it has been reported.

According to the Kuwaiti newspaper al-Jarida, the main suspects are the former heads of the Mossad and the Shin Bet, respectively Israel's foreign and domestic intelligence agencies.

Netanyahu is said to believe that the two, Meir Dagan and Yuval Diskin, wanted to torpedo plans being drawn up by him and Ehud Barak, the defence minister, to hit Iranian nuclear sites. Tzipi Livni, leader of the opposition Kadima party, is also said to have been persuaded to attack Netanyahu for "adventurism" and "gambling with Israel's national interest".

Could this all be a distraction or are the Zionists really fighting amongst themselves?

I always said the Zionists were their own worse enemy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Posted this yesterday related to your news today

Disgruntled Israeli Intelligence Chiefs Try To Stop Attack On Iran

The barrage of news concerning preparations for an attack on Iran came as a result of leaks made by disgruntled former Israeli intelligence chiefs who are trying to prevent the attack and remove Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from office, according to reports. The Kuwaiti al-Jarida newspaper reports today that Netanyahu has ordered Shin Bet chief Yoram Cohen to conduct an urgent investigation into the leaks, fearful that the blaze of publicity surrounding plans for a military assault could derail the agenda to target Iranian nuclear facilities. “According to the report, former Mossad chief Meir Dagan and former Shin Bet chief Yuval Diskin are those responsible for leaking information to the media regarding an attack on Iran,” reports Haaretz.com.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Self fulfilling prophecy.....don't ya just love how all this works and ties neatly together for the parties involved in seeing war continue in SWA??

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thanks

I wasn't aware of this part of the story until just a few minutes ago when I stumbled on the article.

It really is a complicated mess over there. Anyone's guess is a good one.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I just can't fathom how the Cold War could still be alive today, but maybe it is?

I think the the cold war never died, or else we would have pulled all US troops out of Europe in 1991.

All this madness goes back to the US and Europe being allies to Israel. What frustrates me the most is how because of Israel, we get drawn into more middle east conflict. Although, I am sure the prospects of getting our hands on irans natural resources is also enticing. I guess those are two really good reasons to rattle all the sabers?I still can never accept the whole "national security" argument, no matter how much sense it makes, it will always feel wrong in my gut.

I can only hope that the USA government is not foolish enough to go through with this insanity, if we engage in war with Iran, it will be the end of the USA, regardless of whether the US wins or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am really sorry to hear that your country is withering away before your eyes, but you should know that "you the people" have the right, and the responsibility to kick them out of positions of power if they get too out of control. YOU are America, and your government should be a representation of you.

But you ARE responsible for their actions. If YOUR government kills countless people and terrorizes half the planet, YOU better stop them since YOUR government represents YOU.
Do you understand what I am saying here? It is not just YOUR RIGHT to stop your out of control government, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

IT--
edit on 4-11-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Anyone who thinks that Iran will pose a threat is honestly an idiot.
Pakistan has nukes!
NORTH KOREA has nukes! (they pose a real threat)
Russia had over 30,000 nukes at one time...did we invade them?
Nope...cause they don't have oil reserves?!
Or is it because of some "hidden" reason?

I agree Corruption....
Propaganda at its finest.
Truly sickening how they want the public to "fear" Iran.

I've had just about as much as I can take of the media.
They will hype this up so the people agree with the War.
And of course we all know why there is even attention there right now.

Pathetic.

What is pathetic is that you and others who think that Iran is harmless need to get into reality here.

Ahmedinajad has how many times stated that he wants to wipe Israel off of the Earth? Do I need to actually post all of the times he has made the statement?

He thinks the 12th Imam is coming.

How do you think he would go about Wiping Israel off of the planet? Conventional weapons? Bullets?

I dont think so.

This man is the madman of our times. Hitler was ignored for how many years?

Yes, as the headline reads, it is time for Obama to act. But, in this case, we have a limp wrist president who will NEVER do anything about the problem we face with Mahmoud on the planet.

Iran needs to be blasted back into the stone ages where they belong.

Oh, and I will preempt all of you Bush haters who will respond that Bush Lied about WMD in Iraq. Hussein had 3 years to dispose of his arsenal before we entered the war. Do you really think that those WMD are not in Syria? Did you think that Hussein was just going to let us walk in and find them? CONVOYS of trucks were photographed travelling back and forth to Syria for years proceeding our attack on Bagdad. And, over 500 tons of yellow cake was found and shipped to Canada for disposal. Why do you think Hussein would have 500+ tons of yellow cake laying around?

YELLOW CAKE

IRAQ WMDs Found

EVEN MORE WMDs in IRAQMore WMD's Found

So all of you jew haters can continue to live in a world where ice cream and peaches are served with balloons and pony rides...or you can live up to reality and grow up. Iran is a threat to not only the region, but to the world and must be dealt with accordingly.

If they need power, they can run an extension cord into Russia to get power. Trying to hide behind nuclear power plants as an innocent means of providing electricity to the people is one thing...but to threaten to wipe a country off of the map and deny the holocaust ever occurred is another.

Ahmadinajad is a terrorist. PERIOD! And you are going to forgive him?

TERRORIST

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This latest twist just doesn't make sense to me:

U.S. backs away from sanctions on Iran central bank

WASHINGTON - Despite weeks of tough warnings, the Obama administration has backed away from its calls to impose new and potentially crippling economic sanctions against Iran in retaliation for an alleged plot to kill Saudi Arabia's ambassador on U.S. soil, according to diplomats and American officials.

Although U.S. officials had declared that they would "hold Iran accountable" for a purported plot, they now have decided that a proposed move against Iran's central bank could disrupt international oil markets and further damage the reeling American and world economies.

The softening position illustrates how concern over the weak economy has hobbled the administration when it comes to combating what officials describe as Iran's efforts to attack U.S. interests in the Middle East and elsewhere.

I don't believe the reason they're using for backing away from these sanctions. I can't think of a better reason but the one their using sounds fake. Plus it's coming from Obama so it's automatically difficult to believe.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by havok
Anyone who thinks that Iran will pose a threat is honestly an idiot.
Pakistan has nukes!
NORTH KOREA has nukes! (they pose a real threat)
Russia had over 30,000 nukes at one time...did we invade them?
Nope...cause they don't have oil reserves?!
Or is it because of some "hidden" reason?

I agree Corruption....
Propaganda at its finest.
Truly sickening how they want the public to "fear" Iran.

I've had just about as much as I can take of the media.
They will hype this up so the people agree with the War.
And of course we all know why there is even attention there right now.

Pathetic.

What is pathetic is that you and others who think that Iran is harmless need to get into reality here.

Ahmedinajad has how many times stated that he wants to wipe Israel off of the Earth? Do I need to actually post all of the times he has made the statement?

He thinks the 12th Imam is coming.

How do you think he would go about Wiping Israel off of the planet? Conventional weapons? Bullets?

I dont think so.

This man is the madman of our times. Hitler was ignored for how many years?

Yes, as the headline reads, it is time for Obama to act. But, in this case, we have a limp wrist president who will NEVER do anything about the problem we face with Mahmoud on the planet.

Iran needs to be blasted back into the stone ages where they belong.

Oh, and I will preempt all of you Bush haters who will respond that Bush Lied about WMD in Iraq. Hussein had 3 years to dispose of his arsenal before we entered the war. Do you really think that those WMD are not in Syria? Did you think that Hussein was just going to let us walk in and find them? CONVOYS of trucks were photographed travelling back and forth to Syria for years proceeding our attack on Bagdad. And, over 500 tons of yellow cake was found and shipped to Canada for disposal. Why do you think Hussein would have 500+ tons of yellow cake laying around?

YELLOW CAKE

IRAQ WMDs Found

EVEN MORE WMDs in IRAQMore WMD's Found

So all of you jew haters can continue to live in a world where ice cream and peaches are served with balloons and pony rides...or you can live up to reality and grow up. Iran is a threat to not only the region, but to the world and must be dealt with accordingly.

If they need power, they can run an extension cord into Russia to get power. Trying to hide behind nuclear power plants as an innocent means of providing electricity to the people is one thing...but to threaten to wipe a country off of the map and deny the holocaust ever occurred is another.

Ahmadinajad is a terrorist. PERIOD! And you are going to forgive him?

TERRORIST

Sorry Jack, I disagree with most of your post

Mahmoud is no saint but he is not actually the one calling the shots in Iran. He is a puppet just as Obama is. You clearly fail to see the bigger picture.

I can just as easily call any world leader a terrorist according to your logic.

I'm tired of arguing about the whole "Wipe Israel off the map" saga. Go ahead and prove it if you can.

This thread is not about Iraq or Saddam, but since you brought him up and used him as a comparable example, I must point out that the whole WMD thing you're using as evidence in your argument is all lies.

And where did this come from

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace
edit on 4-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

You are peddling propaganda yourself right there... right wing extremist propaganda, but in your case since you are a sheep you are not to blame for it entirely. You do how ever have some responsibility in peddling it to others.

The real terrorists are the ones hiding behind the oh so noble agenda of democracy for the world. It's the terrorist leaders of the United States who rely on intel from the terrorist organization; the CIA and the Mossat. It's the weak ass run alongs in the UK, spineless idiots who really don't know why they are involved, they just suffer from the monkey paradigm... "we've always supported the US, so I guess we still have to?"

Peace will not come to the world in the shape of a bomb, and it most definitely will not come through pre-emptive strikes that are based on false intel and manipulating propagande forced down the throat of the people.

You have to learn to start questioning the people that tell you to fear someone different than you. Question their need to police the world with their ideals and christian crusade.

Once you learn that, it will slowly start becoming a better world.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
reply to

I am really sorry to hear that your country is withering away before your eyes, but you should know that "you the people" have the right, and the responsibility to kick them out of positions of power if they get too out of control. YOU are America, and your government should be a representation of you.

But you ARE responsible for their actions. If YOUR government kills countless people and terrorizes half the planet, YOU better stop them since YOUR government represents YOU.
Do you understand what I am saying here? It is not just YOUR RIGHT to stop your out of control government, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

IT--

Bout time something was done about Iran.

If my government and Obama has courage to take care of Iran
I will commend them..

They are out of control right now, letting Iran get nuclear weapons and not
doing a damn thing about it IS out of control.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

What has Iran done to warrant punishment from the Obama administration?

Shouldn't you be asking Obama to take care of Israel too then?

Iran allows inspectors into all their facilities meanwhile Israel refuses to even acknowledge any request to have their facilities inspected.

Iran is not the player in that region that needs to be taken care of at the moment if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Why doesn't China, India or Russia stand up and do something about this # and end it once and for all? Each and every one of those countries have the capability and know-how to grind the US and Israel to dust. Why won't they? Me thinks they're in on it too... only reason i can think of tbh.

Well one interesting low-key fact is that some of those nations like China are actually buying up a lot of the oil from the occupied nations like Iraq.

Why would China stand up to the USA for sending it's troops to secure cheap oil reserves for the booming Chinese economy?

The UN Security Council works together and pretends to oppose each other in order to carve up the world like a pie.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
reply to post by MamaJ

IT--

I don't quite know where YOU get off telling ME what I should or shouldn't do.
Please, speak for yourself and not me...ok.

I mean if you can't tell by my name alone I will assure you that I am a mother and will do what I can to not only survive for my children but keep my kids safe as well. I AM responsible for THEM.

The big boys in charge are not my responsibility for they rule me, not the other way around. I mean REALLY???? Would you like to see me dead or locked up? I am not a know it all...but I sure aint dumb. Have you seen what the leaders of The United States do to people who buck up against them, if not, please read about it.

I have done my part and voted. I have written letters and called my leaders. I cannot and will not go into the streets protesting because the outcome of that would not be in my families best interest. They come first....period. Hell, I cannot even afford right now to go get gas much less drive to OWS downtown.

With all of that said....what is it that YOU think I should do? Run out into the streets yelling for change and I want my country back?
I didn't vote for Obama...but look who is in office.

I tell you what I will do.....I will continue to pray because that is all any of us have right now is a prayer. Other than that my hands are tied and I will not die or be locked up for anyone other than my kids and right now... My kids need me at their home, believe it or not. My country has done years of damage and I on the other hand have tried to fight the fight...and it didn't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Iran has no Air Force, no real Navy.....it won't be a War.

They are going to get slaughtered. Note to Ahmedinajad........crawling in holes to hide won't work.

Isn't it funny the Nobel Peace Prize winner has been bringing nothing but DEATH? Buh bye Iran....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If he is so big and hard why not take on the North koreans or the Syrians..
Oh thats right NO OIL..
And they are armed to the teeth..
Pick your battles well Mr oilguzzler..
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Israel and the US have nukes why not Iran? Who the f'k do these people think they are, God?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

Israel and the US have nukes why not Iran? Who the f'k do these people think they are, God?

Logic and reality are two different things. The world would be much different if logic was applied to law and politics. Instead we have a corrupt system that consistently does exactly the opposite of what it represents.

I personally think that nuclear weapons are wrong in general and that humanity would be better without them. This claim that Iran seeks a nuclear weapon is just an excuse to invade a country they have long been planning to invade.

Not much more we can do other than grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show. I guess enjoy isn't the best choice of words since most of us shudder at the thought of what is happening lately.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join