It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even more shocking child abuse incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Everyone is aware of the video that surfaced showing a 16year old being belted by her father. The victim is now 23 and giving interviews to various tv media outlets.

News has now surfaced that a 12year old and 16year boy were killed on Monday. They won't be giving any interviews. There is no footage of the kids being attacked and no video for youtube. As a result I expect most poeple will not give a sh1t about this incident.

www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

edit on 4-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Do you think the media and the people give a sh*t. No they don't.
The media only wants more money and ratings that's all.(Thank you Capitalism)
The people have a lot of problem of their own to care about somebody they don't need to care about. Luckily they will start to care when the sh*t gets real in their lives. Just you wait. Then sit back and enjoy when the people realize they should have cared all along.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sadly, you're probably correct. Further, there's a pretty good contingent out there that'll justify this somehow as the two lads deserved it because surely if the US targetted a vehicle, they must have had 100 percent undeniable proof that Osama Von Boogerstien or some other made up terrorist was in the back planning out the next attack using a flat checkered board with little round red and black discs on it that they were moving around and jumping over the other peices, all as part of a dastardly plan to blow up something.

Wonder if NATO will seek out President Obama and have him 'dealt with' a la that bad haired Libyan fellow because really, how different are they.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Yea this is sad. Actually in the giant thread about the incident you are referring to Muzzleflash actually pointed out the hypocrisy of caring about that girl when the "american war machine" causes children harm all the time. Sadly, just like the people killed by our armed forces we never really see it. So day to day, most people do not think about it. Out of sight out of mind. However, it does take a toll on the people that are out there doing it. I would not like to have been the guy who pressed the button to release those drones. I dont know if I could live with taking another life.

I may be an asshole for holding this position, but I feel like it something that cannot really be prevented. I mean these are casualties of war. And yes I know "its not a war" "not my war" "I want the troops home" etc. But its just the sad truth. The armed forces cannot always stop to differentiate between civilians or enemies. Men or women/children. I mean honestly if someone was to attack america they would not care either. Its just how these things play out. And while im not happy with it, not releasing anyone from blame myself included, I feel like there is really nothing that can be done about it other than abolishing all war on the planet. That is not going to happen anytime soon.

Plus I mean if you want to complain about people who die because of warfare, you need to start here in your own country. For example, in the US we have had more civilians dying by gunfire than we have lost troops in Iraq. Men, women, and children. So I feel like its kind of hypocritical to look at the military and say "how dare you" when you have the same things happening in your streets.

ETA: This isnt really abuse, this is murder. The title is a misnomer.
edit on 4-11-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

However, it does take a toll on the people that are out there doing it. I would not like to have been the guy who pressed the button to release those drones. I dont know if I could live with taking another life.

Plus I mean if you want to complain about people who die because of warfare, you need to start here in your own country. For example, in the US we have had more civilians dying by gunfire than we have lost troops in Iraq. Men, women, and children. So I feel like its kind of hypocritical to look at the military and say "how dare you" when you have the same things happening in your streets.

I am not sure it takes any toll. Its possibly nothing more than a computer game to the guy who is pushing the button. He doesn't have to gather up the bits of the kids dead bodies.

I will complain all I want about people who die because of warfare , particularly innocent civilans who are murdered by foreign invaders. I do not live in a country that has blood constantly flowing in its own streets.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ok well I do not know much about warfare. But im pretty sure the majority of the hard work is not done behind the computer screen. I mean there are vets from all wars psychologically messed up because of things they have done. What country are you from?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The bombing of innocents is terrible.

Attempting to kill "terrorists" and "murders" while killing innocent people is hypocrisy at its finest.

Cheers
edit on 4-11-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

we are very fast moving to a situation where most future wars will be conducted by people sitting very far away from the action and just have to press a button to kill people.

people pressing buttons dont have to see the consequences. they keep a distance betweeen the persons actions and the results. kinda like how you can have an mobile or an ipad but we don't really want you to see what we have done to get it to you. we just want to seperate you from your money and we have a shiny toy to do it.

(i am well aware that more vets are dying by suicide that dying in battle at the moment. thats a whole seperate mess. these are guys that were on the ground and had the blood splashing in their faces. the new warfare removes that problem.)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnySeagull

I think thats a very unlikely scenerio. I have never been in war, but I have seen it in pop culture, games, history classes, and sometimes on the history channel. So yea I basically know nothing about the reality of it. However from the little bits of actual strategy I was able to observe there will never (unless we have robots doing it) be point where most people are behind screens. The reason I say this is because we usually do not bomb areas into total decimation. We bomb enough to weaken, stun, and disable everything in the target area. Then we send in the grunts to secure and clear out whatever is left. I feel like if all wars were just bombing it would be a lot easier. I mean of course you have ground supports like tanks and the like. But grunts are always used to do the dirty work.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Unlikely.

This has already happened.

Obama was bragging about about how victory was achieved in Libya without one single grunt placing a foot on the ground. He also stated it would be how future battles would be fought.

top topics

join