It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nov 9th Emergency Activation System Test Now Shortened to :30 at Request of Janet Napolitano..??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
What gives?

FEMA confirmed the shortening of the Nov. 9 test, but did not say specifically if the agency did so to reduce the chance of an unintended reenactment of “War of the Worlds.” The change was said to be made at the direction of Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.

This just keeps getting stranger. Lots of threads on this regarding all sorts of possible scenarios but now shortening it at the last hour? *sniff, sniff*......is that fish I smell?

Source: www.televisionbroadcast.com...

edit on 4-11-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What sinister motives could there be for shortening it rather than extending it? Not trying to debunk I just couldn't think of any...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Agreed, if anything it makes it less strange.

I guess they'd rather not lose as much revenue from advertisers. 3 mins is quite an expensive gap.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I don't understand what the point of this is if its only going to be a couple seconds? Is it really necessary, isn't this the first time they've used it?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hang on a minute, If it is now only 30 seconds long, how are they going to tell us about all this end of the world stuff in such a short amount of time?? Thats barely enough time to tell us about YU55 hitting the ocean, let alone the major 10.0 earthquake, and let's not forget our good friend Nibiru.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The national alert system relies on a daisy-chain architecture whereby the EAN is transmitted to designated radio stations that are monitored by State Primaries, which in turn retransmit the alert to Local Primaries that notify all other broadcast and cable participants. The United States is divided into 550 local EAS areas, each with at least two Local Primaries monitoring two sources for presidential alerts. A single failure within the system can leave hundreds of participants out of the loop. A limited-area test of the system was conducted in 2010 across Alaska, revealing several equipment and communications failures. The Nov. 9 test was originally scheduled after a deadline for the implementation of the new Common Alerting Protocol, or CAP, an XML-based data exchange format allowing alerts to be broadcast simultaneously over multiple types of systems, eliminating the daisy chain. Broadcasters were supposed to be CAP-compliant in September, but due to the timing of equipment coming to market among other factors, the deadline was moved to next June. The absence of CAP in the nationwide Nov. 9 test caused concern for the cable industry because many systems won’t be able to run a text crawl identifying the alert as a test. National Cable and Telecommunications Association chief Michael Powell wrote to FEMA administrator Craig Fugate in mid-October asking for a postponement of the test so as not to incite panic among deaf and hard-of-hearing cable subscribers.

I think a little bit of an explanation was in the link, you just posted the unintended war of the worlds scenario instead of the reasons why.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

I think a little bit of an explanation was in the link, you just posted the unintended war of the worlds scenario instead of the reasons why.

Where do you get off? I didn't purport any 'war of the worlds scenario'. As I said, I find it rather strange that they say they are changing this up so late in the game, regardless of the last minute reasoning.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
People, calm yourselves. They more than likely have enough information about Elenin's debris tail to realize that this is not going to impact the earth. They should be concerned about the fact that if you send out a EBS warning for three minutes it will cause panic where none is necessary. Too many people do not know about the EBS being used and it could flood the airways with panic. Thirty seconds is plenty long and would indicate that there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Where do you get off? I didn't purport any 'war of the worlds scenario'. As I said, I find it rather strange that they say they are changing this up so late in the game, regardless of the last minute reasoning.
reply to post by buskey

No but out of everything in the article thats what you quoted, as opposed to what was actually said...

Anyway, I dont remember where I read this over the weekend, but I read that in the audio part of the test, they say its a test, but in the video part of it, it wont say that its a test, so its a concern for deaf/hard of hearing. Also, they said using the word "test" was optional, how they came to that, I wish I knew, doesnt make sense.....

Have to look for it

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There has been a lot of "Buzz" about the time changing, but the way I see it, the EAS test is separate from Obama's speech at 2Pm EST and should be seen as a separate event from the EAS test conducted in the morning hours.

Recently there have been many attempts to alter times in what I feel are veiled attempts to disguise further ritual elements that have been already discovered by myself and others.

These recent ritualistic discoveries must not be fully understood by the public and to assist in that process, anything that includes a time change can help in that regard by confusing the masses. This is why there is much confusion about how long the test will run, etc. etc. and why it changed.

While J.Napalitano has supposedly shortened the test to .30sec. you can and should know that even that time frame could change on the day of the test, so thinking .30 is a set time would be unwise because the day of they could once again change their minds back to the ritualistic elements they are trying to disguise from the public.

All this hyperbole about time changes and such is to confuse those that have begun to see the ritualistic elements that have been incorporated into the planned events that our government is currently conducting.

Once we begin to see that all this has been staged and planned, it would of course beg questions that they do not want to acknowledge, let alone answer.

On 11-09-11 we will see what they do, but something tells me that on 11-09-11 matters will go much differently than anyone has currently considered.

Thanks for the thread.

new topics

top topics

join