It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How weird is this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have recently moved house for the second time in three years and it has been chaos with all the sorting and sifting and decorating; I am exhausted.

My brother came around last night to do some electrical stuff and he sarcastically said "I hope you don't ever plan on moving again."

I 'thought' "Only if I win the lottery." and my brother said, "I hope you do win the lottery!"

I was a bit gob smacked and asked why he said that, as I had only thought it. He said he had heard me say it, but I didn't utter a word.

My sister in law was right next to me and she confirmed that I hadn't said anything of the sort.

I'm just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else, but I really find this weird.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

Something like this happened to me once. It was little different but I guess its kind of the same phenomenon.

I was lying in bed reading a book and my girlfriend next to me was already sleeping for a while.
I thought about getting up to go to the bathroom when she mumbled "would you bring me a glass of water please?".

I didn't move before she said that and I obviously didn't say a word... but she knew

ETA:
I would like to add that I'm in no way religious or into new-age-voodoo-stuff but this left me puzzled.
edit on 4-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Welcome to the next step in human evolution.

Its going to happen more and more,

Telepathy is likely just the start as higher brain function starts to take off.

-GM

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
These sort of things happen between my wife and myself often.
I think it's rather cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It's your DNA that has a link with his. Quite common but we're told when we grow up that it's not possible so we ignore it.

Scientifically proven by the way that DNA can communicate over distance so really nothing weird

I can speak and tap in to most of my relatives and very close friends. (DNA has to lock on friends)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Happens to my boyfriend and I all the time...

I will say something about something out of the blue, that has no relevance to the actual conversation and he will be like- "That's so weird- I was just going to say that."

It happens the other way around too. Sometimes I think he can read my mind.

10 mins ago, I was thinking to myself- God, I'm starving... and he walked away and said " You wanna go get us something to eat?"

So, right now I'm eating my Bacon Egg and Cheese sanwich, lol!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A lot like this has happened to me. I just smile when it does, it's such a good feeling. Can be pretty startling to those who don't already believe in such things

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is so common among babies and toddlers - they think it is part of what is real - and it is!

But for some reason we blank it out as we grow older (brainwashing from adults).

This is a totally normal part of life, and I wish we could all acknowledge this and accept it.

If we could do that, we would be more open-minded.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
I have recently moved house for the second time in three years and it has been chaos with all the sorting and sifting and decorating; I am exhausted.

My brother came around last night to do some electrical stuff and he sarcastically said "I hope you don't ever plan on moving again."

I 'thought' "Only if I win the lottery." and my brother said, "I hope you do win the lottery!"

I was a bit gob smacked and asked why he said that, as I had only thought it. He said he had heard me say it, but I didn't utter a word.

My sister in law was right next to me and she confirmed that I hadn't said anything of the sort.

I'm just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else, but I really find this weird.

Its not telepathy despite what some may be saying

Its a natural bond, you are close to your brother i assume as he is doing work for you. I have the same thing with my brothers...certain sentences can make them preempt what im going to say next and vice versa. That is what happens when you grow up with someone....you get to understand their thinking.

Not weird at all....happens all the time with people

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. It seems to be a pretty common phenomenon, which blows me away really because I then think what are the implications, can it be harnessed.

I don't know about you, but I think this is amazing.

I then recalled another time, again concerning my brother.

I was driving to his house and trying to recall a tune. It was from a t.v series we used to watch as kids, so I'm going back over forty years.

I'd been at his house about half an hour and nipped into the bathroom. As I returned into the lounge, my brother was whistling the tune I had been trying to remember.

Oh, I just love it. I just wish I knew what 'it' was.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
It's your DNA that has a link with his. Quite common but we're told when we grow up that it's not possible so we ignore it.

Scientifically proven by the way that DNA can communicate over distance so really nothing weird

I can speak and tap in to most of my relatives and very close friends. (DNA has to lock on friends)

I think you will find you misunderstand this. It is not what you think it is

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

If this is not what you are talking about, can you point me in the direction of the peer reviewed paper on this, as this is news to me
Thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It is just a gift we humans have.

But, for some reason, people have tried to suppress it.

The truth will always come through.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yes I am very close to my brother and your explanation sounds feasible, but, how would you explain him whistling a tune i was trying to recall when you take into account the t.v series was 40 years, or more, ago.
I hadn't mentioned to him that I was trying to remember it.

It was the theme from Robinson Crusoe. I love it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I have to sign off now, I have wallpaper to hang; lucky me.

I hope this thread keeps going and I hope we will hear of other similar experiences.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It's called synchronicity. Quite common between families and people who are very close. If you care to, it can be controlled somewhat. The human mind has potentials we barely understand, I think we are getting close to the next step with our brains and the special abilities we possess.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

What's the age difference between you and your brother?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Hi Realm52.
My brother is 2 years and 20 days older than me.

Is this significant, because I have a sister who is 13 years older than me, but nothing has happened like this between her and myself.

We are a very close family.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Hi 74Templar
I am intrigued with your reply.

You say we can control it if we care to; how do we do that?

Has this happened to you and are you able to control it?

I have had numerous 'odd' experiences during my life; trying to understand them and harness them is the problem for me.

I'll try anything to get answers, (legal and moral) that is.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

reply to post by 74Templar

Hi 74Templar
I am intrigued with your reply.

You say we can control it if we care to; how do we do that?

Has this happened to you and are you able to control it?

I have had numerous 'odd' experiences during my life; trying to understand them and harness them is the problem for me.

I'll try anything to get answers, (legal and moral) that is.

It's a little difficult to understand fully, I have been doing it for years, much of the time without even realising it. My first step was thinking of a song on the radio or a TV show/movie I hadn't seen in a while, and sure enough, within hours to days it would suddenly be on or come on the radio "by chance." In reality, we are what we create, ie; we can change the flow of things by just focusing on them.
Another is when you wanted something badly to happen in life, I mean like REALLY happen, ever noticed how it all fell so easily and quickly into place? These little things I began to notice one by one, and eventually tried small things to see if I could affect it or bring it into being, and sure enough in time, everything I thought of or wanted in my life came along.
I know people will read this and go "thats just the secret, duh," but if I'm honest I've only read that book recently, and it just gave a name to what we do as people, whereas I have been using the method for years, most of the time without even realising it. The secret I've found is time, and to be specific as to what you want, otherwise you just wind up with bits of everything, no closer to what you actually want.
Synchronicity is when two individuals have the same energy between them, much the same way a couple finish each others sentences or families can tell just by position and that "sixth sense" weird feeling what each other is feeling at the moment. I'm not really sure how it works, but to my observations it seems like people "get" each other, they understand the feelings between them on a deeper level than just verbal communication.
Above all else, when you learn to control it properly, it's a great skill for seeing what makes people tick.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think this one's instinct but I enjoy playing with it anyway.

You know when you get that 'someone's watching you' sensation and you turn around....and someone is actually watching you.

Try reversing it - e.g. stand in a supermarket queue and simply stare at the back of someone's head. More often than not they seem to sense it...and turn round to check

edit on 4-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join