It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

That goes for everyone that is fair and not rude etc.

I thought my post was "fair and not rude".

It was ignored.

But a follow-up question: How can it be that only a tiny handful of people seem t think "something is wrong with the Moon"....yet thousands, even millions of people all over the planet (who, by the way, have equal access to the Internet) are not loudly commenting?

Don't need to rely on those who many "fear"....like scientists and professionals astronomers, who might be "in on the cover-up".

Plenty of amateurs out there, who sky-watch as a hobby, and know a great deal, and would immediately blog, twitter, FaceBook, or what have you, if some (pun) Earth-Shattering event in the skies unfolded.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Yes I noticed that. Also as a Photoshop user (not a wizard though) I have to say that when I zoomed in on the "Moon only" pic, it's edges appear to show the hallmark of the magnetic lasso tool. The glow is curtailed very suddenly and there is that chomp taken out also, as though an inverse select was done using magic wand, on a new layer, then filled in black. The black background seems too black, with no variance of shade and no stars showing either.

I saw the moon last night and while it was lit on it's underside more than I've noticed before, it was not upside down.

Are there any Photoshop wizards out there who could examine the pics in question? These are merely my suspicions and I am not an expert.

Also I am looking at the moon right now 18.40 est, from MA. It is the right way up and lit from the right hand side. The shadow line is close to vertical.

Can OP take another dated photo this evening and post it? Hate to be suspicious but there are a lot of spoofers round these parts and some will do just about anything for a star and a flag.

PS. Is there an ATS catalogue where I can redeem my stars and flags for an electric jug kettle or a Fondue Set or something?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Oh pish-posh!
OP is just holding his telescope upside down. I read that 93.8 people use a telescope upside down which makes the objects appear as if they have flipped. Google is your friend, man! Educate yourself and deny ignorance!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I will be happy to take another picture tonight although the weather is cloudy and stormy outside. I will do what I can. I also am not a photoshop wizard but more importantly I am not a cheat or liar.. I am not ignoring anyones posts.. I just have only two hands..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Hello. I am still wotking on this graph so I can upload it and post it. In the meantime I will say this. does anyone disagree that the sun is approx 11-13 degrees south of the equator?

Based on the information I found at this site:

daphne.palomar.edu...

I would say you may be off a few degrees...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Did you use a refractive telescope? What was the capture device?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

I will be happy to take another picture tonight although the weather is cloudy and stormy outside. I will do what I can. I also am not a photoshop wizard but more importantly I am not a cheat or liar.. I am not ignoring anyones posts.. I just have only two hands..

Looks like the weather will be clear enough for you to take another picture....I hope you get one...

www.bing.com...
edit on 11/4/2011 by jeichelberg because: Further content

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I thought a telescope would automatically make the image upside down...regardless, the OP states this is nothing taken with a telescope and it does not need to be...The time of the photo was close enough to the setting moon that the moon would indeed appear upside down in the horizon just prior to setting...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by Advantage

I thought a telescope would automatically make the image upside down...regardless, the OP states this is nothing taken with a telescope and it does not need to be...The time of the photo was close enough to the setting moon that the moon would indeed appear upside down in the horizon just prior to setting...

Ahem.. it was a joke and posted to the other poster as a joke.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by Sly1one

I have been feeling exceptionally dizzy all day today however...
according to stellarium and outside my window...the universe is working as intended currently...
edit on 4-11-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

I've also been incredibly dizzy for the last two days to the point of feeling nauseous. I just mentioned it to my husband this evening that I feel like I have motion sickness. It has finally subsided and I feel much better right now. It could be attributed to just about anything, I guess, but I just thought I would chime in since you posted this.

And to the OP, I just went outside and looked and I actually can not see the moon at all. I don't know if its being blocked by fog or clouds or what but I can't see it...

I am in southern Idaho.

This is weird. Two female family members in the past month have been spending lots of time at the dr's getting tests because they are having the same symptoms. Doc's aren't sure what the problem is. And on Hallloween morning my daughter and I both felt very dizzy and nauseous (this was hours before gorging on candy). The other people I know who've complained about these symptoms in the last few weeks were oddly enough, all female. I don't know how this connects with anything, but just thought I'd let you know that this feeling is kind of common. And I'm in N.California.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is what the moon does, it turns, just like the earth.
This is a shot from today
Moon at daylight 6pm

Moon at night, midnight

Didn't flip the pictures or any manipulation.
omg it flipped 90degrees!
If i would take another shot, 4 hours from now it would also look different.
Or let us say normal.
edit on 4-11-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Nice captures.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ok . Lets say I am off a few degrees? 5? that ok? and the sun's path across the equator (ecliptic) is then 6 degrees below or south of the equator. The moon is never more than 5 degrees off of the sun's ecliptic . So if we err on the side of generosity then we subtract the 5 degrees from the 6 and we are 1 degree south of the equator still. The point is the moon cannot be further north than 5 degrees from the sun. ( It could be south of the suns ecliptic but we wont go there) So the moon is 1 degree at least below the ecliptic and I live on the 36th parallel. The boat moon is only visible if you are on the equator or no more than approx 10-13 degrees north or south of it .. How then at 36 degrees , which is where I live can the boat moon be viewable?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Where is Los Picos if you do not mind sharing? What is the latitude of the place? These are excellent pics by the way and thanks for sharing...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think your math is more than a little fuzzy...and I would say the Sun is probably more than 20 degrees off the Equator right now...closer to being directly overhead the Tropic of Capricorn right now...I would think...What do you say to Intergalactic Fire photos? They show much the same thing as yours...
edit on 11/4/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Tropic of Capricorn you say? Thats even further south. ( 23.5 degrees south of the equator ) and if your right, then
things are really messed up because it is not supposed to be there ( that far south ) till the 22nd of Dec. ( The Winter Solstice) So now what?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Illustronic
I was wondering when this mouth's "the moon is upside down' thread would happen.
News flash! the earth rotates on it's axis.

Come on, people.

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person.

But the moon "flipping over" is clearly due to the earth's rotation. Look at the animation posted.

There may be things to get worked up over, but NOT this.

Yeah everybody, just LOOK at the animation, it is all the proof anyone needs. Now wait here, I have an animation of a coyote making rocket shoes out of parts he purchased from Acme Industries.

I love that coyote animation. Let me guess...was there a road runner in it???

Sigh.

The animation of the moon is a SCIENTIFIC animation that illustrates a well explained and understood scientific phenomenon. The earth is a sphere. It rotates. The moon "appears" to change shape and orientation pretty much constantly because of this rotation, plus it is also revolving around the earth. I know you have got to know those things.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Please re-read my post...I stated very clearly the Sun was PROBABLY closer to being directly overhead the
Tropic of Capricorn than you allow...I never stated it was directly overhead the Tropic of Capricorn NOW...but thanks anyway...And your reply indicates you have access to information and knowledge of the subject...which is good...now, please comment on intergalactic fire photos...they do show without question the same view of the Moon as yours...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Can someone answer me on this?

Ok . Lets say I am off a few degrees? 5? that ok? and the sun's path across the equator (ecliptic) is then 6 degrees below or south of the equator. The moon is never more than 5 degrees off of the sun's ecliptic . So if we err on the side of generosity then we subtract the 5 degrees from the 6 and we are 1 degree south of the equator still. The point is the moon cannot be further north than 5 degrees from the sun. ( It could be south of the suns ecliptic but we wont go there) So the moon is 1 degree at least below the ecliptic and I live on the 36th parallel. The boat moon is only visible if you are on the equator or no more than approx 10-13 degrees north or south of it .. How then at 36 degrees , which is where I live can the boat moon be viewable?

I am waiting . Take your time..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join