It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes they do . Thats why the tilt on the equator shouldn't match the tilt approx 3,000 north of the equator, but it does lately.

No, it does not.

-17 is not the same as 17. It's 34 different.

A tilt 17 degrees to the right is not the same as a tilt 17 degrees to the right. It's different by 34 degrees.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

The moon is exactly reversed in north and south hemispheres. That has nothing to do with the equator versus 3000 miles north of the equator. The moon is boat on the equator only now it's boat where I am 3000 miles away. That's just crazy. Don't try to confuse things by bringing hemispheres into this. We already know all about that. The moon should never be boat here because the moon should never get this far north. As far as the 17 degrees? It may look 17 to you since your using a diagram to decide but I am looking at it in real time and it's barely off center and a boat for all practical purposes.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

No it's not reverse in north and south hemispheres. It's reversed AT THE EQUATOR, compare to Las Vegas. The equator is not in the opposite hemisphere.

The moon at the equator is rotated 34 degrees from the moon at Las Vegas.

Take your photo, and measure the angle. What angle do you measure?

Please watch my video, which I made specifically to demonstrate this:

edit on 19-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

The moon is exactly reversed in north and south hemispheres. That has nothing to do with the equator versus 3000 miles north of the equator. The moon is boat on the equator only now it's boat where I am 3000 miles away. That's just crazy. Don't try to confuse things by bringing hemispheres into this. We already know all about that. The moon should never be boat here because the moon should never get this far north. As far as the 17 degrees? It may look 17 to you since your using a diagram to decide but I am looking at it in real time and it's barely off center and a boat for all practical purposes.

yes it is possible for you to see a boat moon

the sun sets sometimes on a more southern position to the moon, shining more to the bottom of it....other times it sets more to the side of the moon, or angle...which gives the more common side crescent moon. I can show you images of this for your location but I have the feeling you still wont accept it?

edit to add...i now see that people have been posting some great images already...showing the suns orientation to the moon.

edit on 19-11-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yes they do . Thats why the tilt on the equator shouldn't match the tilt approx 3,000 north of the equator, but it does lately.

The Moon was NOT directly over the equator at Moonrise in the 19th. The Moon was directly over 20° North latitude (in paces such as Mexico City.

This reason for this was explained earlier by the below image. This image is not exact, but it explains why the equator is NOT always the part of the Earth that is in line with the ecliptic plane. As you can see from this graphic, in the latee fall and early winter, the equator on the nighttime side of the Earth is actually about 20° or so SOUTH of the Ecliptic Plane. That is to say, the equator on the night-time side of the earth is tilted very far south:

Therefore, the moon at moonrise last night at the equator (0°) should have a tilt of about 20° or so (with the "right" side tilted upwards), while the Moon will look completely horizontal at 20° North latitude, AND the Moon at Moonrise at 40° North latitude should look tilted 20° or so (with the "left" side of the Moon tilted up).

Similarly, Moonrise in Las Vegas last night (Las Vegas being at 36° North latitude) should look tilted about 16°,
because 36° - 20° = 16°.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Do you think graphs and sketches mean more to me than my direct observations mean to you? You don't think I know how to read? I have good reasons for what I believe just as you do. and thats all there is to it. BTW you see thats one of my problems with CON not CHEM but CONtrails. It forbids direct observation of the skies and I dont like that do you? Or is everything in a book that we need to know forever.?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Do you think graphs and sketches mean more to me than my direct observations mean to you? You don't think I know how to read? I have good reasons for what I believe just as you do. and thats all there is to it.

There is nothing wrong with your observation. I already agreed a long time ago that you ARE IN FACT seeing the moon looking quite tilted, because it was in fact quite tilted at moon-set on November 4th and at Moonrise on November 19th, as viewed from Las Vegas (and even further north -- although for each degree North you go. the Moon looks to tilt one degree less).

I never questioned that observation, so I'm not sure why you say:
"Do you think graphs and sketches mean more to me than my direct observations mean to you?'
That comment is a little non sequitur.

I know you observed what you say you observed. The pictures of the moon, screenshots from Stellarium, and graphics some of us are providing are meant to explain WHY you observed what you observed.

BTW you see thats one of my problems with CON not CHEM but CONtrails. It forbids direct observation of the skies and I dont like that do you? Or is everything in a book that we need to know forever.?

I also don't understand what chemtrails or contrails this has to do with it. Maybe there were trails in the sky when you took your moon-set picture on November 4th and your Moon-rise picture on the 19th, but the trails didn't affect those pictures.

The Moon in your pictures clearly showed the expected steep tilt -- about 17° away from being horizontal.

If you understand the Earth's tilt relative to the seasons and relative to the moon, plus the idea that a person in Las Vegas will be seeing the moon from a certain point-of-view as it rises and sets on a November night, then that 17°-away-from-horizontal tilt makes perfect sense. The observation exactly matches the calculated expectation.

edit on 11/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I said in my post above:

The observation exactly matches the calculated expectation.

This is what I mean by that, step by step:

- As I already showed in the graphic above, the 20th North parallel (20° North latitude) is the portion of the Earth that is currently directly under the Moon (in line with the moon's orbital plain) at night. This is because of the tilt of the Earth.

- Also because of the tilt, the equator is NOT currently directly under the Moon at night (not in line with the Moon's orbital plane). At least it isn't directly under the Moon on the night-side of the Earth in November.

- Therefore, at 20° North latitude (which is the location of Mexico City), the Moon would have looked MOST boat-like when it rose on the 19th. Due to the tilt of the earth, the crescent moon at night would look horizontal when seen from Mexico City -- NOT when seen from the equator.

- From the equator, which is 20° south of Mexico City, the Moon will look heavily tilted, BUT NOT HORIZONTAL. It should look about 20° away from horizontal.

- From Las Vegas, which is 16° north of Mexico City (at 36° North latitude), the Moon should have looked to be heavily tilted -- about 16° away from being horizontal. However, this tilt would be in the opposite direction as at the Equator, because the Equator is currently south of the Moon's orbital plane (but only on the night side of the Earth) while Las Vegas is north of the orbital plane.

Those are the calculated numbers. Not surprisingly, those numbers match EXACTLY what you saw and photographed at Moonrise on the 19th (and at Moon-set on the 4th).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Um...so your only conclusion for people that HAVE been noticing the moon being a cresent, and recently turn into a boat.....as crazy.... that's too funny.

Any post that deviates from sheep baaaaaaing, the Homeland Security paid losers will come in and either:

1) ridicule you.
2) act like a comedian to divert attention.
3) throw the encyclopedia at you, so others would side with you without thinking.
4) lastly....BANNED.

haha, time for a new script guys....tell your bosses.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonweird
Um...so your only conclusion for people that HAVE been noticing the moon being a cresent, and recently turn into a boat.....as crazy.... that's too funny...

I don't think people who haven't noticed the tilt of the Moon before are crazy -- they are simply people who haven't really observed the various looks of the moon closely enough.

For example, there are still people today who are sometimes surprised to suddenly find out the Moon can be out during the day. The Moon has always been able to be out during the day, it's just that these people have never noticed it before.

Would you say they were crazy? I wouldn't say that they necessarily are.

BTW, what specific issue do you have with the explanations that have been presented here? What is wrong with our explanations for the "Boat-Moon" at Moon-rise and Moon-set that can be seen at some times of the year, even from the mid-latitudes.

You seem to have a strong opinion, so you must have thought this out. Therefore, please point out the flaws in the explanations that have been given.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Nice play of words there. Anyone with a brain will notice you are AGAIN assuming I am an idiot that just didn't notice, or I am in the same category as people who didn't know the moon can be seen in the day?

Come on....you're good.....but not good enough...

Read your script some more....

Why doesn't this mean anything to you? Here, I'll say it again. I take notice of the moon consistently, and recently it has turned into a boat.

Now you can go read your script, and come back again.... haha

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I take notice of the moon consistently, and recently it has turned into a boat.

The moon does that sometimes. What's the problem?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

The problem is...haha...oh dear...

I can repeat it just as much as you.... checkmate is checkmate man...no matter how many times you move your last piece back and forth.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I also observe the moon constantly, and there's nothing new about its orientation. The "sideways" or "boat" orientation is due to field rotation. The difference between you claiming it's abnormal and me claiming it's not is that I can back up what I say with empirical data.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Nice play of words there. Anyone with a brain will notice you are AGAIN assuming I am an idiot that just didn't notice, or I am in the same category as people who didn't know the moon can be seen in the day?

It's not a play on words. I thought I was pretty straightforward.

Obviously I think you ARE among those who haven't ever noticed the Moon can look like a boat when it rises and sets on occasion. However, I never said those people were idiots, but merely not observant, just like the people who never noticed that the Moon and Sun could be seen in the sky at the same time.

Considering that...:

- This effect is most noticeable late at night when the waxing crescent is setting, or early in the morning when then waning crescent is rising, AND
- It is more noticeable for less than six months out of the year (mid-fall to mid-spring).

...it doesn't surprise me that there are normal average people (non-crazy and non-idiots) who never noticed this.

I was quite a sky watcher as a child (hence my adult interest), and I KNOW the moon could occasionally look like this in the 1970s. I remember wondering why it would look this way, so my older brother (also a sky watcher, plus amateur astronomer) explained it to me.

However, you don't need believe my memories -- there are many written examples over the centuries of people describing the "wet moon" or the "dry moon". Were they all wrong?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

The problem is...haha...oh dear...

...when it sets and rises. Right?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So you have notes that prove we are living in the Matrix, but you are too scared to show them? Or what?

What exactly do you think has happened? Because everyone else seems to think that's how the moon should look.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here comes script number....1. Ridicule. haha..

No, I don't think we live in the matrix.

No, I am not scared. Well, a little of your boss maybe.

And like the OP, I DON"T KNOW WHY. But that's what happened.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hey, I don't get paid to post....so...I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself.

And I'll say it again and again....I take notice of the moon consistently for the past 2 years, and recently it has turned into a boat. I only started posting after other people started noticing, because I know what happens and I don't want to become a target.

I have notes from the last 2 years. But it's only for me to see.

If you pay me I'll post it.

Yes -- the Moon appears to tilt during the night as it tracks across the sky (as the Earth rotates under it). Nobody is disputing that.

here is a post by ngchunter that shows this tilting affect:

Originally posted by ngchunter

The moon's position is just fine, and it only appears to rotate "upside-down" from a non-polar aligned perspective, something astronomers call field rotation. Other than libration, its orientation is fixed from a polar aligned perspective and it does not appear to rotate "upside-down":

Full post Here

During some times of the year, the mid-latitudes (such as in the U.S.) sees much more of the moon's path across the sky at night -- i.e., it is high in the sky at night, so we see about 180 degrees of its arcing path through the sky, and the tilt near the east and west horizon becomes much more noticeable because of this.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join