It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
yah....ok I went to office max and DID get me a new digi cam. I decided on a far better one and bought a nikon over the kodak........BUT I CANT take moon pics tonight as the entire SLC valley is swamped in with storm clouds and smells like wetness in the air.
I doubt I will see the moon at all, but IF it clears up tomorrow I can join in more fully with pics to back this story, as I am seeing the same thing as the OP is from my vantage point on the planet.

I needed a new camera anyway and this was just the impetus I needed to make me DO it

edit on 4-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: cuz I CAN

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
will you leave ats forever when nothing happens in 4 days?

why would i need to do that?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

And if it was an earlier phase, it would look just like the diagram here...

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here is the link and part of the story,, The third paragraph says it all.

The crescent is part of the side facing the sun, so it points to the sun in the sky, i.e., down, since the sun has just set. If you're near the equator, the sun sets more or less straight down, so the crescent does the same--that is, it looks like a dish.

Here is the link.

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

First line of the 'article' you linked me to...

My friend recently visited Costa Rica. While she was there she noticed that the shadow of the earth on the moon was in a different spot than it is in North America. She said it was like a dish, the shadow being on the bottom. What causes this?

Can you tell me what is very wrong about this?

Let me emphasize.

the shadow of the earth on the moon was in a different spot

When someone asks you what is wrong with a misinterpretation of what they understand, what do you think the first response would be?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

It is also raining in Las Vegas tonight. But it looks as though it may clear up... This happens numerous times throughout the year and follows no set pattern of day or month etc.. It's chaotic at best.. Keep your eyes open,, and record what you see, when you can..thx for the posts and your decency..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Your question is not what the thread is about. Nor does it have anything to do with me. Ask someone else to answer your off topic questions. I have answered the same questions over and over and I wount go off topic with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So then ask me now a direct question. I don't understand where I was off topic this entire thread. Is it about astronomy at all?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Here is the link and part of the story,, The third paragraph says it all.

The crescent is part of the side facing the sun, so it points to the sun in the sky, i.e., down, since the sun has just set. If you're near the equator, the sun sets more or less straight down, so the crescent does the same--that is, it looks like a dish.

Here is the link.

www.straightdope.com...

Oh boy...did you read the article? Everything in this article pretty much sums up everything that has been posted so far...Now, imagine your photos were taken in sequence from the time the Moon rose in the East through the time you took you the one you did post here...How would the Moon look at first shot, mid shot, and final shot?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

It is not a crescent moon right now. I saw it when I left work at 5, and I saw it when I got some beer a half an hour ago and it is not a crescent moon right NOW.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Where did I say it was crescent? I never stated it was crescent? I know it is roughly half full...what is the beef?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not into math? Here then: maximum degrees from the equator at which the suns' rays are vertical (23.5 degrees either N or S) + maximum degrees moon is away from the suns' path ( + or - 5 degrees) = the most distance the combination sun and moon can be from the equator N or S (28.5 to 18.5 degrees.)

Right now, with the sun hanging around the Tropic of Capricorn, in the southern hemisphere, the ecliptic (the suns' path - where the rays are vertical) is estimated to be 11 or 12 degrees south of the equator. That would put the moon at between 6 to 18 degrees south. That's where the suns' rays are vertical.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Really,.
The moon is upside down?
although I would like to insult your intellect for even posting this.
i will say just this,.
how is it that every astronomy driven soul on the planet hasnt seen this?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I read it in the article, I must have or I would have never mentioned it. It's just more fuel to fire the article is off or from a different time, because we clearly do not see a crescent moon right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Look, I am not a math whiz...but look at this diagram...posted earlier by Soylent...and then tell me what is wrong with the use of your math...

nfo.edu...

Thanks...as you will see, the lunar orbital plane is the one in question...if you can picture where Las Vegas, NV, would be on the right side of the picture of the Earth (in the diagram) as everything is placed into motion, then you will see your math is inconsequential...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I was just curious. How do you know they haven't ? Do you have a link to the survey or poll conducted? I would love to see it. I have just as much information and evidence as anyone. I am not here to convince you or anyone else. I am simply stating what I know and have observed for 9 + years..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Of course you saw a crescent moon in the article...Now just picture a half moon in its place...what is so hard to understand about that process?

furthermore...this my original post that you questioned...and I still do not understand why...

"And if it was an earlier phase, it would look just like the diagram here..."

curious.astro.cornell.edu...
edit on 11/4/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Not being rude or adverserial whatsoever. Just curious, so I hope you respond.

Presuming that the moon isn't supposed to be like that, and presuming the sun really is rising too far to the east (per your previous thread from a week or two back), what do YOU personally believe is causing this? Would you be willing to share what your theory or belief is?

Thanks in advance.
edit on 4-11-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What's wrong with this diagram? No sun. Remember the light bulb and the basketball? Go for it!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I was just curious. How do you know they haven't ? Do you have a link to the survey or poll conducted? I would love to see it. I have just as much information and evidence as anyone. I am not here to convince you or anyone else. I am simply stating what I know and have observed for 9 + years..

OMG
still really?
Go outside and look at the moon,.
If you can find some binocs,.. look at it

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join