It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9,000 year old Caucasian mummy found in Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is a video that you will have to watch. They have found a 9,000 year old mummy in Nevada. They say they only allow the press to release 2 pictures , out of respect to the dead? That sounds fishy to me considering in times past they have trotted the mummies all over the world and made entire videos of them i.e. Iceman Etc
The link below for the full story and video..

edit on 11/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Fixed Vid

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Here we go. Already people are jumping to conclusions that this mummy is of possible European descent. Maybe there is much more we don't know about the Pre-Clovis peoples. However, saying that Europeans were the first to cross the Bering Strait and populate the New World is a crude statement.
edit on 11/4/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wikipedia article states that it may have some caucasoid features, but is more related to the Ainu of Japan with some possible influences of Polynesian and Australian.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wow strange story....

Why isn't this getting more press? Whether it's related to the tribe or not - just having a 9000 year old mummy in North America is a big deal. Doesn't this mess up the immigration theory?

This makes me think of that "hoax" story about having found Egyptian artifacts in the grand canyon.

I'm not sure how the tribe can have standing to prevent DNA testing. I would think ANY unidentified body should have DNA taken.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I can almost guarantee that someone did some very advanced DNA tests on this body. The fact that main stream science was not in the loop I find very interesting. Also the one picture thing is fishy indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I agree with you and I believe they found something that contradicts previous scientific fact/facts etc. Also if it is on Indian land and discovered there, then who discovered it.? The Indians wouldn't have. It's desecration to them to violate the dead etc.. Very stange story.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by bluemooone2

I agree with you and I believe they found something that contradicts previous scientific fact/facts etc. Also if it is on Indian land and discovered there, then who discovered it.? The Indians wouldn't have. It's desecration to them to violate the dead etc.. Very stange story.

Yes I agree, they would never do anything to disrupt the Clovis-first theory.

www.nature.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Watch out. the Bible thumpers here will tell you the world is only 6,000 years old, so this info is completely wrong! Cant be!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Isn't this Patrick Stewart Caucasoid?

I believe it is....

edit on 2011/11/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, this would not be the first time that a non-nativeamerican remains have been found. Anybody remember some of the others?

Personally, I feel for the native americans, my great grandmother was half cheyenne. But I feel that our time of repentance is pretty much over, and that scientific advancement in archaeology should overule tribal wishes. A simple DNA test would do nothing to hurt the resting soul. They could do the DNA test, properly document everything, then rebury it if need be.

I know that the native americans would really not appreciate any proof in the theory that they were not here first. Proof that an alternate Asian or European group got here first would ruin alot of their claims of being the native folks in America, thus possibly creating loopholes in alot of their special status.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Dont the Maori people have stories about a white people that existed on their land before them? I also recall a thread on here about the museums of that particular country in which it is said that evidence of that culture (the ones before the Maori's) is being held quiet.

Also, the Caucasian mummies of China.

If you ask me it's nothing more than protecting special interests of certain peoples and suppression of the White race.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 4-11-2011 by kimish because: add

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is an old find and is known as the Spirit cave mummy

Spirit cave mummy

the mummy exhibits Caucasoid characteristics resembling the Ainu

'Caucasoid' DOES NOT MEAN white it means

The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid, Europid, or Europoid) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia (Middle East), Central Asia and South Asia. Historically, the term has been used to describe the entire population of these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.

The first people over Beringia or along the coast were associated with the Ainu who are classified as caucasoid, they are not white. You might wish to look at pictures of Ainu to get the idea

Clovis has already been overturned as 'first'

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You know, the Ainu look exactly like the Mexican/Latino people. My boss, a Rodriguez, is of a more aristocratic appearance among the Hispanics of the desert southwest. He looks just like that picture of that older Ainu with the long grey hair you see on Google.

The first time I saw the ainu, i pointed it out to my wife, who is latina. she thought they looked like "Mexicans" (in her words).

I enjoy the differences of the various people of the world. It is always interesting to ponder. But, in the end, it is almost like a dead end.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Even if it can be proven that someone from Japan or Europe "got here first," that doesn't change a thing. We know for certain that the largest most prevalent migration was across the Bering Strait by people who are now termed "Native" Americans, simply because they got here somewhat over 12,000 years ago. DNA proves this beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Undoubtedly some people wandered over to North and South America well before Columbus, well before the Vikings. They either died out or were assimilated into the population. Whether these were Portugese fishermen, ancient Romans mining copper in Canada, or a Chinese ship that had wandered off course doesn't really matter. Of course it happened. Insofar as we can document these issues, great!

But it doesn't change a thing regarding the people we currently call "Native" Americans, who have distant origins in Africa just like all the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

When Ishi the last 'wild Native American', met a Japanese man he referred to him later on using the same term for other Indians instead of the term for white men. He considered them 'human' in his sense.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Even if it can be proven that someone from Japan or Europe "got here first," that doesn't change a thing. We know for certain that the largest most prevalent migration was across the Bering Strait by people who are now termed "Native" Americans, simply because they got here somewhat over 12,000 years ago. DNA proves this beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Undoubtedly some people wandered over to North and South America well before Columbus, well before the Vikings. They either died out or were assimilated into the population. Whether these were Portugese fishermen, ancient Romans mining copper in Canada, or a Chinese ship that had wandered off course doesn't really matter. Of course it happened. Insofar as we can document these issues, great!

But it doesn't change a thing regarding the people we currently call "Native" Americans, who have distant origins in Africa just like all the rest of us.

The earlier migrations were either wiped out or absorbed; if there were others who came they to were absorbed or wipe out. Cultural contact can be catagorized as:

1. No contact
2. Contact with NO exchange ( of DNA)
3. Contact with exchange (of DNA) but no evidence otherwise
4. Contact with exchange and evidence of culture

Other than the people who came across Beringia and the later Vikings are #4. There is good reason to think that much later boats from Asia accidently or intentionally arrived in the Americas but they left a '#2'. The Polynesian may have gotten to South America and again '#2'. All other theories are at #1, thriving for #2 or #3

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
If I remember correctly, this would not be the first time that a non-nativeamerican remains have been found. Anybody remember some of the others?

Yes I do. I was already searching for it.
Here you go:

The remains of one of the oldest North Americans ever found have been recovered in Washington state. The 9,300-year old skeleton is 90% complete and belongs to a Caucasian male about five foot ten inches tall. Described as one of the most complete skeletons ever unearthed in the Americas it was discovered near Kennewick, Washington in July of 1996 and dubbed "Kennewick Man."

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BTW

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So, Caucasians everywhere.
Hmmm....
This is stuff that supports the Nazi version of history.
Seems I have some research to do, the Nazis also claimed that the pyramids were build 10,500 BC.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Caucasoid. Not Caucasian. Until we have more genetic samples, there is no way to say these people are the same people as those in Europe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join