It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haters/Trolls o Plenty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I swear... no matter what website I go to or story I read... there are ALWAYS haters.... I could read a story about a child beating cancer.. and in the comment section see people making the worst of it.. talking bad about the kid.

Why??

There is a thread about a judge who beat his autistic daughter with a belt... and some (idiots) thought it was OKAY... where do these people come from??? Why would anybody wish an innocent child mental and physical abuse?

Where did these 'trolls/haters' come from? Why is it that, no matter what the story they bring out the negative? It is sad, it makes me mad.. same time.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

i often wonder when i fall victim to these people, that if my view was the complete opposite of what i had said, would they still troll me with the complete opposite of what they'd said? something i've always wanted to try but never wanted to make a bogus claim..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

i often wonder when i fall victim to these people, that if my view was the complete opposite of what i had said, would they still troll me with the complete opposite of what they'd said? something i've always wanted to try but never wanted to make a bogus claim..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You must be new to the internet. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I believe they're called "contrarians".....you know, like the old Groucho Marx song: "Whatever it is, I'm against it".

Then there are those who get off on being jerks. The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in some people. Don't let it bother you. Most of those posters are under the age of 18, anyway (at least mentally).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I know what you mean. Maybe its just society showing its true sick condition? Its got so bad, now they have troll pages for people that have met with unfortunate deaths, suicides, kidnap, god knows what else and on these pages (sometimes even on Facebook if memory serves) they sit and taunt the victim, the relatives, etc. Some people are just cruel and I would hazard a guess that it possibly has little to do with the apparent 4% psychopaths among us. I was hoping that Elenin happening would have endowed us all with a little more empathy but alas...just vapour trails.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
You must be new to the internet. Good luck.

why so? because a question was asked?

if you cant answer the question then dont be one of the people mentioned

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Trolling is just another word for asshole with nothing better to do than sit online to try and influence anger in others. And I always find that those who troll haven't grown up in terms of maturity and brain development. What I mean by this is, people who troll can't have proper debates or arguments (obviously) it's basically a way to say "Since I can't come up with anything more meaningful due to my lack in basic education, I'll instead be a troll" Trolls take the easy way out because they are simpletons by nature. They are not putting a show on for us or for themselves, but instead letting us know who and how they are, horrible humans.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OCTEMS RAZOR: THE SIMPLEST ANSWER TENDS TO BE THE RIGHT ANSWER!

So, an answer to the OP in my opinion the people that troll and have wished upon evil or tough love to the girl or father, whichever, most likely is because they had dealt with bullying, or abuse of some type ( receiving or giving) in their childhood, which will alter their behavior over the years, or bitterness.

That's my take on it, and before they bash me, I've been there and had to deal with it. its not a easy topic!

There is no need to to have anger, yes it is a human emotion, but with the right parenting and education, we do not have to suppress it but learn to control it in a positive manner.

Much Love

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarno

Indeed, I sometimes make a troll-like joke, but only to be humorous and sometimes emphasize what I mean/think. Never to seriously troll or derail. Some people just seem to like being argumentative for its own sake. Like my old dad used to say: A joke's a joke but let's not make it a pantomime.

*Obligatory pantomime comment shouted by audience to one or more players*
"Behind you!"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
HTFU

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes....there will always be negative people in this world....none of us can control their behavior....but we can control how we respond to it and/or ignore it.

Some people were raised wrong and in a hateful abusive environment....that is what they know...so that is how they react in situations...how they were taught.

People can change....for the better...I've seen it happen....but they have to want to change..and be taught a better way.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

This is a minor example of the posters original question.

We know they are there. They are everywhere...any place comments are allowed.
but what is it about the human psyche that that makes people want to say, "wrong wrong wrong wrong, you idiot"
and do it all day long?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Remember John Cleese going so crazy. These guys just make me so mmmmmaaaaadddddd, and then I remember the argument sketch with Palin.
The energy build up relaxes and I leave without commenting

There is something in me that still wants to be able to make some reaching grasp for these people and engage them in conversation that considers anything other than their own constructed opinions which they consider realty.

The conversation must take place in the narrow confines of an arena that they themselves have constructed.

I could go on maybe but I'm going back to read.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Hey, you said that twice and got stars for both!!

No fair, give one back!!

You closet contrarian you..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by TsukiLunar

This is a minor example of the posters original question.

We know they are there. They are everywhere...any place comments are allowed.
but what is it about the human psyche that that makes people want to say, "wrong wrong wrong wrong, you idiot"
and do it all day long?

Usually, when people are wrong.

Hey, it's true!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I totally agree with how you feel. I can't comprehend how some people have so much hate. Sometimes when I see videos of gangs beating up innocent people for no reason, or people acting so ignorant and disrespectful if makes me sick inside.

It makes you wonder if the human race still has a long way to go to become a civilized and caring race of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I totally agree with how you feel. I can't comprehend how some people have so much hate. Sometimes when I see videos of gangs beating up innocent people for no reason, or people acting so ignorant and disrespectful if makes me sick inside.

It makes you wonder if the human race still has a long way to go to become a civilized and caring race of people.

Humans are... sick

20 year old who bashed a 73 year old with a baseball bat

This is the facebook page of a guy who beat a 73 year old man with a baseball bat, for no reason.... if you can stomach the gibberish, you will see in there a section of comments something like "what c... is up this time of night* where it was 2 hours after he did it, be brags about it.

Yeah people are ill... this scumbag is proof...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
from the safety of the internet, you can say what ever you want.
you know you shouldn't, but you've got a made up name, you can say what you like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join