It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shadow Superpower: "System D" and the $10 trillion global black market

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
...It is as if the scheme of this market/world, is to grind the common man between these two fronts. Would you agree? The statement I am making, speaks to the deep rooted conspiracy against the common family. Many disbelieve conspiracy, yet i feel this exchange is explaining clearly that there are two very organized armies, in contest with each other, and that both tribes/armies have complete contempt for the common people.

I think there is a conspiracy against the common family as you call it, probably conducted from different angles...sometimes I think, though, its just simply the common person's inaction that dooms him. Put another way, its not necessarily that the great powers sat down and said "We're deliberately going to destroy the little guy; rather they are just motivated by self-interest and greed. Or put another way, its like the difference between a hunter that goes out of his way to seek out pray, versus a big truck that just barrels down the highway and squashes some small animal because it happened to be in its way.

Also, since you agree that Mafia (and each culture/nation has their mafia) means: organization, then can't it be said that the real goal, is to keep the common man DIS-organized?

That's an interesting point...I think it can be said that they derive their power from the disorganization of the common man, its the ultimate source of their money and power, like a big field where they graze, so yes, they will oppose anything that comes up from the grassroots level...yes, they will always try to keep the common man from organizing...if something spontaneous emerges, they will attempt to co-opt it, through both carrot and stick (threat and bribe), if they can't destroy it.

That is to say, nobody is really interested in reducing "crime" as such, as a first priority. The real goal between the "organized criminals" and the "organized police", is to exploit the common man. Would you agree?

Again, yes, basically agree. But I would say the real goal is actually self-interest and greed. The exploitation of the common man is a tool to satisfy that greed. If they could satisfy it some other way, I imagine they would. Still the end result is the same so I guess its not so different.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join