It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment for the innocent that are about to die.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri
reply to post by jude11

there wont be any nuclear war, anyone who claims otherwise is clearly out with an agenda. ANyone who claims nuclear war will occur a day,a week,a month,a year or a decade from now has an agenda for saying it. How much are you willing to wager 100% that no nulcear war will ever occur, in the 21st century,those in none of your lifetimes. Well ? exactly, if I had a dime ofr everytime I heard a nuclear war is imminent,Id be trillionaire,not jsut a billionaire.

After WW1, many people also said it could never happen again. And we know how that worked out.

Never, ever underestimate how bad things can suddenly turn. Humans are not infallible, and when humans are in charge of nuclear weapons there is always a potential no matter how small.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There is no such a thing as an innocent human. Maybe you do believe ignorance=innocence, i don't. People are responsible for being ignorant. Why the **** do you think things are so bad today? Because apathetic people didn't fight. Sure the leaders are scums but there are smart people on both sides so why didnt people revolt? I will tell you, because they enjoyed their easy life and felt relieved and "safe" to know that someone else (leaders) was thinking for them and protecting them. Their selfishness, lazyness and weakness made this happen.

Oh no don't worry im in no way asking you to feel guilty. Anyway you would always find an excuse to make yourself a victim, humans are like that. It is too easy to play dumb when times are good and scream "help" when shtf. In case you forgot, in the last century life expectancy rose from 38years to about 75years, food was easily available, water as well, entertainment, legal drugs, sex (disappearance of morality..), easy travel, all of this may sound normal (the minimum some will think) but to a poor dying in africa it seems like a dream that cant be real. The point is people were mostly satisfied with all this and chose to close the eyes to the emerging problems and reality. A lot couldnt see a thing im sure but there are intelligent people in all countries. Did they see what was happening? Surely some must have. Why didnt they act? As frightening as it might be i think they chose the easiest way, the wrong path.

But what i truly believe is that as long as there will be humans there will be corruption, self interest, manipulation, selfishness, control, domination. What i mean is that we can replace the bad leaders by new ones, they will always become corrupted. Humans are weak after all.

The only innocent one i would say is the very One that allowed all life, the Earth. For her i can spare a moment, but for billions of weak people that are crying because they can't buy their favorite junk food no more, f-u-c-k them.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't think so. If they citizens die, they have to do the work. That's an unacceptable loss for them.

Never forget that nations have gone to war for the sake of keeping their slaves. It seems hardly likely they would go to war to kill them.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There are too many arm chair generals in this world, a fair few here on ATS who are always ready to fight for the last drop of someone else's blood. Calling the shots and scenarios, yet have no intention of ever going to war themselves or contemplating the innocents that will perish in their scenario.
edit on 4-11-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Then find 25,000 other people who feel the same way about these wars (not hard) and occupy Pennsylvania ave.

Better do it quick. I hear a twitter thread can get out of control these days when it comes to peoples livelihoods.

I'll stand with you, now you are 2.
edit on 4-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Sadly most people view the world via a screen and are completely isolated from the realities of war suffering and fear.

That's pretty much what I tell everyone. They have no idea what it's like to be in a campaign and have to get downright rude while the opposite side is doing the same thing or worse. They don't know what it looks like to see men tortured or skinned or disemboweled, women raped and killed. They don't know the looks of the faces of the disenfranchised searching aimlessly for friends, spouses, dead relatives and children. We are them and they are us. The theater of war is played out on upon the stage of the innocent for the entertainment and benefit of the "elite."

Once upon a time I was told to go to hell. Bin there, done that, it was hot, all I got was this damned t-shirt and the memories of dead eyes that will never go away.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I fully comprehend everyone's emotion here on this thread, a sincere and honest expression based upon the terrible news we had been assailed with daily since 08 non-stop.

More so when we look upon the angelic countenance of babies, the cherubic naivety of children, the angst but strong idealistic filled teenagers, out of job workers staring into the emptiness, old folks scrimping hard to get by...and so much more.....

They play little role in the affairs of the state, entrusting them to the hands of the State to do the 'right' thing, seeking nothing more than to just live and love, leaving the luxuries of life to those who wants it. The innocents didn't ask for much, but very often in the sad course of our current human civilisation, even this little is taken away from them...

Alone, we are powerless. But when we mankind unite, based upon common grounds despite our differences, we can move mountains. But only....a few dare try....

What is to come..will come. All we can is to live our lives responsibly each day, like it was the last day on Earth, cherising every moment we breathe in the morning air, watch the sunrise over our heads, birds flying freely in the air and hear the screams of joy from children in the playground. Life is precious, and there may not be another, for none had came back to tell us there is.

Then, when the time comes, a time that no mortal man will know even if manmade, let us all hope that it may be mercifully quick, for we had cherished and known life....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I remember back in my jr high years (around 83 or so) a letter in Dear Abby or Ann Landers that was supposed to be like the "Dead at 17" letter except this was about the nuclear holocaust. I remember being affected for a long time by that letter. I wish I could find it but the jist of it is this little kid and his mom driving to school when the bombs fall and it describes the excrutiating pain of being vaporized. It's like that scene in "2012" when the Indian astrophysist and his family are about to be washed away -just horrible

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Fact - only the US has ever used nukes in war and only because we were the only ones to have them at that time A: and B: the world was a tougher place.

No country is going to "announce" nuclear war - no other nation on the planet would allow it. You would have people at the local Starbucks signing a petition to nuke Iran if they nuked Isreal.

The why is simple you can nuke a country on the other side of the world and radioactive fallout will ride the jet stream and rain down poison on your food sources.

You think the president can just declare war and then hide in a bunker - wrong. That bunker will be manned by people who lost family in that decision. And they are going to go crazy sitting in that bunker will not many other people wondering what would have happened if there president had been more reasonable.

Today world leaders realize large scale nukes are mass murder no other way to go about it. If our president declared nuclear war he would be doing so against the wishes of his people. Retaliation for that would be mostly against non combatants.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

For the first time in my life, I would get on my knees and beg the US and Israel to not attack Iran. Iran has a rich culture of people who are highly tolerant and have been hijacked like the rest of us - except their hijacker is religion whereas the Western hijacker is banks.

I have a memory, I remember the embassy siege in 1979, about Ayatollah Khomeini - I know the people of Iran became immediately suppressed since this time because they began to act like the West whereby the religious maniacs of Islam shut them up. A few in power, yet again, destroying so much happiness for control. (And to push out US influence).

But, that does not mean the people of Iran want the slaughter that Western powers and Israel will bring, they need to take the power back in an Persian Spring.

The war-mongers and profiteers need to think not about money and control but about the Persians who do not deserve what America, the UK and Israel are about to serve them - as the OP states, they are a scared people right now staring down the prospect of annihilation, let's hit the breaks and spare a thought for the actual people involved. People exactly like you and I.

Thanks for this post, Jude11.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I hope for all of our sakes that this doesn't happen right now. Our govornment is in absolutely no shape to take on Iran, Russia, and China. I hope Israel rises up and kicks some serious butt of their own. The world needs a miracle.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedogdiary
I hope for all of our sakes that this doesn't happen right now. Our govornment is in absolutely no shape to take on Iran, Russia, and China. I hope Israel rises up and kicks some serious butt of their own. The world needs a miracle.

That's only how they appear to be on the surface,but considering black budget funding you might be surprised what they can pull off...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There will be no nuclear war in Iran but the thought of it happening will paralyze some with fear.
This is what they are counting on.
It will allow Iran to fall alot more quickly if the people are terrified.
If I knew I were at risk of having a bomb dropped on me, I'd look to planning something.
Maybe some underground food, water and weapon storage.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Great post Jude.

I have had the same feelings as you regarding many of these warmongers and destructionist on this board. I just don't understand why so many people want these horrible scenarios. I think they believe that it will be glorious to live in a post apocalyptic world where you struggle for survival. Where your kids go to bed hungry. Where we are set back decades because of peoples bloodlust.

Instead of wishing for war, let's start practicing peace. Let's try and fix today's horrors instead of making even greater ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
With these kinds of weapons, even this kind of technology in the hands humans, any humans, but particularly those with a thirst for power, we all look this very possibility in the eye every day—no matter where in the world we are, prepared or not, aware or not. This is a shared human tragedy and sorrow that some simply feel they are falsely shielded from. The best we can do is to raise our voices and keep them raised and place our hope and faith and lives in the hands of those who are the counterbalance.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It is wonderful to see this make it to the front page for a few days.

It is especially satisfying for me personally, for one reason. Years ago (I think on a different account) I made a thread with a similar ideal. I talked about mothers and children and how despite whatever religion we are, people are people. I also linked a quote and video by Sting about I hope the Russians love their children too." I also added a few pictures of Iran and a quote by John McCain about "bomb, bomb Iran" singing. My thread got about 4 stars and a few flags and a couple people thought it was wonderful but didn't even get two pages of responses.

A year later another person did a similar thread with some pictures of Iran and it was very successful.

Now, a couple years later this is front page news!!!

I am REALLY happy that more and more people recognize the humanity of the people.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone who is interested in the voice of the "average" Iranian right before they got hijacked by Islamic Extremists needs to read this book, well it's a graphic novel. These are the people of Iran, and they are terrified of Islam taking over in 1979. It's a beautifully well drawn book, and the English version is very eye-opening. The Iranians are just like you and I and not some far off, misunderstood people. (Except their government is a far off, lunatic machine).

Wise, funny, and heartbreaking, Persepolis is Marjane Satrapi’s memoir of growing up in Iran during the Islamic Revolution. In powerful black-and-white comic strip images, Satrapi tells the story of her life in Tehran from ages six to fourteen, years that saw the overthrow of the Shah’s regime, the triumph of the Islamic Revolution, and the devastating effects of war with Iraq. The intelligent and outspoken only child of committed Marxists and the great-granddaughter of one of Iran’s last emperors, Marjane bears witness to a childhood uniquely entwined with the history of her country.

Persepolis paints an unforgettable portrait of daily life in Iran and of the bewildering contradictions between home life and public life. Marjane’s child’s-eye view of dethroned emperors, state-sanctioned whippings, and heroes of the revolution allows us to learn as she does the history of this fascinating country and of her own extraordinary family. Intensely personal, profoundly political, and wholly original, Persepolis is at once a story of growing up and a reminder of the human cost of war and political repression. It shows how we carry on, with laughter and tears, in the face of absurdity. And, finally, it introduces us to an irresistible little girl with whom we cannot help but fall in love.

Source: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320430135&sr=8-1

Amazon to buy, I really can't recommend it enough if you need to understand Iran without the influence of MSM, politicians, or the current Iranian government: Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood

edit on 4-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Let's not jump to conclusions here ... britain making battleplans, and Israel lobbying for war, is not necessarily a reason to fear WWIII.

I've said this a thousand times, and I'll tell it again here. WWIII, is when we Europeans decide to go kill you ... and that isn't going to happen today, nor tomorrow. China is not going to go to war with you, and neither is Russia. Their selling of weapons to Iran, is merely a fictional game, that the US/Britain /Israel use to make a battle cry against it. Claiming they have advanced weaponry ... which is not what is needed.

Iran, just as Korea ... want nuclear weapons, because they know very well, that with them ... they are free. The threat of mutual inhialation will ensure their freedom ... and the only real threat in the world, is the US/Israel which spare no means to lobby for war every day of the week.

However, I bleed for all the victims of the war ... and state to the US, as well as Isreal. Continue on this path ... and your worst nightmares WILL become reality.

edit on 4-11-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
There are too many arm chair generals in this world, a fair few here on ATS who are always ready to fight for the last drop of someone else's blood. Calling the shots and scenarios, yet have no intention of ever going to war themselves or contemplating the innocents that will perish in their scenario.
edit on 4-11-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

And too many armchair commentators commenting on our comments?

Not sure why we shouldnt talk about such things, this is a forum after all. I hope your not suggesting that we could care less about those who would suffer. This thread is after all about the suffering of the innocents. I would think it fairly safe to say if nukes start getting lobbed about, we will all feel a lot of fear.

edit on 4-11-2011 by nightbringr because: i

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How about instead of being little no brain couch potatoes wimpering in sorrow for the poor innocent about to die at the hands of serial killers, we instead wish death upon the serial killers? That's a moment I'll take, by God.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join