It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment for the innocent that are about to die.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

We condemn ourselves.

The elite who are pushing for war, they are our leaders. All these mindless people who keep putting them in power, they are THE PEOPLE. Our friends and family. Yes there are a few here and there who don't want it, but does it make a difference?

Not one damn bit. I've been protesting wars my whole life along with alot of other people. What has it gotten us? More wars than any generation of Americans has seen before.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

It's all still being done in OUR names. The people is all of us, and we still do nothing about it, but type away furiously on a keyboard. Kinda like I just did...

And me...

And her...

And him...

We are all doing the same. We are all helpless and have absolutely no way to fix any of it.

I guess the old saying "It must completely break before it can be fixed" is truer now more than ever.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Tea4One

We condemn ourselves.

The elite who are pushing for war, they are our leaders. All these mindless people who keep putting them in power, they are THE PEOPLE. Our friends and family. Yes there are a few here and there who don't want it, but does it make a difference?

Not one damn bit. I've been protesting wars my whole life along with alot of other people. What has it gotten us? More wars than any generation of Americans has seen before.

I do partially agree. We do in some form condemn ourselves, as a whole we sit on our computers, or sit at home watching TV while our brains melt while our compassion dies. We have not protested when we should have and we haven't done enough to stop certain things from happening.

I disagree with putting them in power though, I believe that we have no real choice. When we vote we vote for the same hydra but for a different head. They lie with silver tongues to get in and stay. Our democracy is false I think.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Alas that these days be ours to see. The world is a change with the comings and goings of the moon. Which moon shall be the last we as humans see in a light that we know.Shall it be dark and murderous or bright and inviting to all comers. We as brothers and sisters of this small stone floating in the abyss of space and time shall determine or own fate at a tip of a sword. Fear not for the ones that leave this world, but for the ones left to linger and suffer to total upheaval of a entire species. From when man first stood upright with his primitive tools to fashion a spear a bow a staff to gather food and to conquer the land. We as a species had a choice to ether live in peace or to go to our graves in combat. Sadly we chose the latter. Wether it be over, food, land resources or for the ones we worship we shall all meet out fate in the end.
Respect to the fallen and the ones that have not yet fell.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So many warmongering bastards here on ATS - makes me ashamed to be part of this community sometimes - in the last few days i've heard idiots saying 'Iranians deserve to die because they threatened Israel' or that 'palestinians are scum' or that 'Afghans deserved it because they are all terrorists'

These people are deluded xenophobic idiots who make my blood boil.

These people who wish to cluster bomb Iran or throw white phosphorous on Palestinian civilians are utter fools, they speak of justice or liberty, democracy and freedom as if they even know what it means. Many of these members I even considered friends or at least appreciated some of their former posts and links.

Now I feel disgruntled. People can talk about bombing middle eastern countries and shooting innocents, yet others who discuss cannabis are banned, punished and abused by moderators.

Vile. I hate this planet sometimes.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Who is going to die? What??

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Tea4One

We condemn ourselves.

More wars and more dead bodies in a shorter time than ever before as well.

The technology we use today allows for multiple kills at the flick of a switch from behind a computer screen by someone who wouldn't otherwise have the nerve to see up close what they have done.

Sad really....

edit on 3-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer:

www.youtube.com...

My allegiance goes to my family, neighbors, town, and my state, if it deserves it. No farther. But my hopes go to my nation - and I cannot help but feel that this is one of those times that we need another moment like this; another Kate Smith.

I think that may have happened yesterday with Stephen Colbert and Toby Keith. Toby Keith came on Colbert's program, and said in as many words during his interview, 'Yes, the country is pretty much #ed.'

Then they did this - and I cried. Not because of blind patriotism, but because that was the moment - the storm clouds gathering, and the music to express it. Despite the high-on-liquor mood of the crowd, this truly was touching to me.

98country.com...

God be with us all.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It is very sad to say the least that we live in a world run by greed and not by any measure of what is fair and good for all. We have been free of this type of terror living in the USA. How easily the media gets americans to see terror as an economic problem having less money to buy things with. You have the right idea of what real terror is. We don't like to think about such terrible things so the "It's not my problem" prevails and nothing is done about it from our end.

What will happen one day in this country to bring such terror to our front doors will come from the government. Not marshal law but far worse. Mass extermination after a natural or man made event that breaks the system entirely. Having no food or water a Mad Max world will become a reality. To make sure we don't go after the elite in their underground bunkers they will try to exterminate as many as they can. Believing it's human to save us from such suffering and it's their duty to rebuild society when it's safe to come out of the bunkers, they can justify their actions. Those of us that survive will be enslaved to do the manual labor farming and rebuilding their empire.

We think we are safe from such a horror here but plans have always been in place to eliminate us if they loose their ability to control the masses. Horror and threat is constant but if it's not in our face we simply ignore it grazing in the fields they lead us to like good sheeple. They will not unleash a killer virus fearing their antidote won't work if it mutates but rather unleash a normal virus that the body can fight off unless you get a flu shot that destroys your body's ability to fight it. They can blame the virus and it mutated making the shot ineffective. When all utilities are down they blame the outbreak on unsanitary conditions always having the ability to deflect the cause away from them. They want to keep a level of trust so they can finish the job. Flu shots in department stores? Flu shots everywhere? What's in the water bottles they will hand out when the grid is fried and no water comes out of the tap? Horror in your face can be delt with to a degree but the horror that is sugar coated goes down easy and is welcomed without knowing what is really going to happen.

It is easier for me to feel for the people you discribe who see it coming but have no ability to do anything about than those who don't care and think it could never happen to them.

"I would love to change the world but don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you" BIG MISTAKE!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, as usual your thread is of real value.

I wouldn't confine it to the Middle East though. Everyday I see people that are living in the streets among us. In a country that has minimal problems compared to those in Iran. But still, we are consumed by greed, and well, consuming. No one will ever stop to help the mother sitting on the side of the road, breastfeeding her child who has no clothes. We are obsessed with looking after our own. And that does not seem to extend to our fellow citizens of whatever country we live in. We are all selfish. Greedy and Vain. We want to better than the next. But it takes something like a nuclear threat to bring people together. Until we all lose everything we will not be equal. It seems that we must lose everything together, to gain everything back, together.

But the truth is the truth- We can do something about it. We can overthrow the system if we all band together.
But will this happen when even in Iran, the soldiers are looking out for there direct own in fear of the Governments? No. We need to lose the fear. It is all that is holding us back.

Edit-
( For example, tomorrow I am going to a baby shower. I am going to buy baby clothes for people who have the money (more than enough) to buy their own. What I should be doing is buying baby clothes for a mother that lives in the location, who doesn't even have enough money to feed herself in order to feed her child.)
edit on 4-11-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: To add.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I suggest all fellow americans and canadians watch that. Imagine yourself seeing that on tv (ignore the N Korea bit, who cares what country it would come from that's not the point). Just imagine that fear, that hopelessness that you'll feel when that pops up on your tv, or, if you're one of those folks who dislikes your life and doesn't care about dying then at least think of one person you care for that doesn't want to die and how they will feel.

It's the rich elites that will be the only ones to survive the horrors of nuclear war and it's them who might push us towards it. No one else should support any war, especially "preemptive war" with any nations that might have nuclear weapons or have allies with nuclear weapons. Violence only causes more violence, war will be the end of our species if we don't stop this nonsense.

The citizens of Iran don't deserve to die in giant fireballs because they have a #ty government, just like we don't deserve to die because we have a #ty government here. The governments of many countries, including the US, are no longer acting in the interest of their people but rather in the interest of corporations, banks, their own power and wealth and the rich.

Please do not support any more wars in the middle east, call or write your state's congressman and tell them you want the wars and military campaigns to stop, you want America to stop policeing the world and focus on it's own problems at home, you want peace. These corrupt politicians will never even begin to change if enough people don't tell them enough is enough. War is not the answer.

That all being said, I think, and hope, this is just more bluffing and propaganda by both sides. Rhetoric has been this strong before. So hopefully these bullies that run all the govts involved will get bored of their little pissing contest and things will cool off again and no violence will happen.
edit on 4-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

TPTB can order guys to shoot, but the soldiers can choose not to shoot, or not to push that red button.

Well, it's a nice thought anyway that soldiers would refuse to be a part of all this.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
www.youtube.com...

I suggest all fellow americans and canadians watch that. Imagine yourself seeing that on tv (ignore the N Korea bit, who cares what country it would come from that's not the point). Just imagine that fear, that hopelessness that you'll feel when that pops up on your tv, or, if you're one of those folks who dislikes your life and doesn't care at least think of one person you care for that doesn't want to die and how they will feel.

Thank you.

Posted for others to hear and understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm sorry, I am not really up to date with all this info.
Can someone explain what is going on?

I googled - "Iran faces nuclear threat" and only only search results I got was of Iran threatening a nuclear attack. Huh?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by jude11

I'm sorry, I am not really up to date with all this info.
Can someone explain what is going on?

I googled - "Iran faces nuclear threat" and only only search results I got was of Iran threatening a nuclear attack. Huh?

I believe the vid was made to show what it might feel like if we were to wake up one morning to an imminent attack like so many other Countries.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I was gonna reply, but you already said what needed to be said. This is what makes me the saddest.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think about these people everyday. And it's difficult not to be in a permanent state of sadness because of what governments do to other people and to their own.

Two images I will never be able to expunge from my mind were
A burned out hull of a bus. The bodies had been taken away, but I saw the sandal of a small child laying in the sand. It was a bus. Not a military target, for Heaven's sake!

And then I sat down next to a dead Iraqi soldier, his mouth open in an eternal scream. His eyes wide open. His feet gone. And a fly walked in and out of his mouth. And I wondered, what is this? Is this the best humans can do?

Those two moments changed my life. I am now a member of Veterans for Peace. And I bombard my friends and family with things about how we must find a way to change these Inhuman and needless ways.

I urge everyone to take a look at your family and friends. Imagine them being bombed into oblivion. Imagine a child screaming, not understanding, while bodies of his family lay all about. Imagine your own child, face blown apart, still alive, but sure to die, in great agony. And tell me, do you still want to go to wars?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Indeed, I to believe that the elite powers in the world, were put there through lies, manipulation, and pure ignorance on the peoples part.

If we all acted en masse, the people could end these evil conflicts within a day. Sadly people will just ignore these for profit wars, until they're knocking down their front doors with economic ruin and troops in their streets.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I do feel for them! i feel for everyone, that's why i say bring it on. The sooner 'Man' is extinct the better....I don't believe the world could ever be fixed as long as man is in control.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

hi ... may i offer a 'what if' scenario, something so out there, most of you may not
even attempt to understand or even grasp it? Here we go.. in the most simplest way
i can say this. Nothing here is 'real'. Many of you may have heard of the term Maya,
another word for Dream or Non reality.

I have listened to many scenarios over the years and none of them offered any kind of
comfort or resolution whatsoever, so..upon digging deeper i found something that Did
make sense, more sense than the fear induced craziness of this so called reality, which
honestly, doesnt make most of us feel anything but confusion.

This is what i have to offer, take it or leave it. It's just my two cents being input into this for
those who cant find peace in this place based on inconcise values of backwards ideals that
have been implanted into the minds of mankind since this 'moment' began.

Might i add that Control through Subliminal Suggestion has forever been implanted into the
minds of mankind through colour, shapes and sound.
part 2 of 4

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/fxxpH4NfF-s
edit on 4-11-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join