It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment for the innocent that are about to die.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+157 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here on ATS, we are quite use to the WW3 threads, discussions of "Acceptable Losses" and "What if" scenarios.

We offer our insight, experience, knowledge, theories and everything else we can throw at the subject of numerous Wars around the World past, present and future. But many times we overlook the human side of things.

We go back and forth on who is right...who is wrong...who said what and who has more military strength. Guess what? It really doesn't matter because you, me and those other citizens over there are the ones that will be killed for the greed and egos of TPTB anyway. I would just like everyone here to stop for one moment and think of what is going on in Iran right now.

Can you for just a second imagine what it is like for a mother looking at her child, listening to the radio or TV blaring out messages of a possible nuclear war coming within weeks or even days? It really doesn't matter to her who is right or wrong and my guess is that many don't even know why it is coming. It's not her fault as it's not yours or mine. I don't imagine she's too thrilled with her leaders right now either.

Like most mothers, she is working hard, putting her children through school, helping her parents, loving her husband and hoping for a better future for her child that she probably won't have. And she is probably thinking..."I didn't start this. Why am I going to die? If my child lives, how will he survive without me?"

I could not imagine the fear and terror these people must be experiencing right now. They are stocking up on food, water, medical supplies, clothing etc. They are planning routes to bomb shelters and trying to store seeds, secure farm animals. And for what? What did that mother do to deserve this? Nothing.

In the West, we are going on with our daily lives, watching Jersey Shore and peeking at the OWS once in awhile. We are buying whatever we don't need, going to school, complaining about work and throwing away leftover food as usual.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask people to stop and think for one second about those people over there that are looking at Nuclear War in the eye...Daily. How would it feel? How would you handle it?

I know that I would be looking at my life in a whole different way and reassessing my priorities if I were in that situation. In fact I can guarantee it.

That's it. No Rant or Political stance...Just a thought for fellow human beings that are going to get caught up in the games of the elite and pay with their lives.

Peace

edit on 3-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
the change feels impossible to start with ourselves when the system around us is designed so we can't.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the change feels impossible to start with ourselves when the system around us is designed so we can't.

I don't think change is possible on a large scale but it can start with a few just stopping to say "hey, maybe I should look at the other side of things today".

Maybe...

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thoughtful post Jude.
Sadly most people view the world via a screen and are completely isolated from the realities of war suffering and fear. Money sadly is all that matters to most people.
I fear one thing though,
The nuclear war you speak of won't just affect some people 'over there'.

It will touch all of humanity.

It will affect the whole world.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I like this post, OP. We forget that wars are declared, allegiances are made, "enemies" attacked, soldiers sent to kill other soldiers because that is the game of the politicians, they're all playing a strategical game of chess with each other and what to them is a pawn being knocked off the board and some money made, is to us, the citizens and soldiers, our families being ripped apart, our communities being destroyed, every minute spent in fear.

Say what you want about Iran, but just as with everywhere else, most of the people are just trying to live their lives, feed their kids, and pick apart the truth from the lies they are being bombarded with by their media and government.
I really really feel for them, and any innocent person that has to live in that kind of fear.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I actually owe you one, Jude. I just re-read your post and looked over at my baby girl playing in her jumper next to me and really got teary.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Thoughtful post Jude.
Sadly most people view the world via a screen and are completely isolated from the realities of war suffering and fear. Money sadly is all that matters to most people.
I fear one thing though,
The nuclear war you speak of won't just affect some people 'over there'.

It will touch all of humanity.

It will affect the whole world.

Agreed,

This one will hit all of us as WW1 and 2 did. Probably even more so because of Nuclear Capabilities. This was something we have never had to deal with. In the end, it won't matter who wins. The winning side will have to look at the faces of innocents that have died. That will take a toll like no other.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
When it comes to war I have always
looked on the other side - must be
why I have so much depression.

May the innocent ones be blessed
with peace and comfort.

Will come back and forth to this
thread as I hear the war drums
getting closer. Sadly it looks
as if its going to happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
its with a heavy heart that i say im glad other people feel the same, nothing, not even human life will stand in the way of war and this time it looks pretty much inevitable

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Shame. Shame that the fate of millions rests in the hands of a few. Shame that these few only seek to increase their own gain in this world at the expense of so many.

A beautifully written opening post, Jude. People often neglect to see a situation from the eyes of the "opposing" side, even if the opposition has as little control over their own fate as we do. If World War 3 does begin, I would hope that people on both sides remember who the true enemy is. Not the soldiers of Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, America, or Britain, but those who pull the strings of these soldiers, these men.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's sad.. I think about this, and try to get other people to see 'the other side of the coin', but a lot of people just do not seem to care, or feel useless to do anything.

Something needs to 'snap' in humanity, and make them realize. I think things will not change, until the first nuke is dropped and then people finally get the hint that this could get very, very ugly. It makes me want to take to the streets, and tell my leaders to get their heads out of their asses, and start doing something productive to humanity, take out all these corrupt leaders and replace them with real people. Not fake people who are only in it to suck on the elites tits.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm still hoping that cooler heads prevail.

If there is a war, it won't just Nuclear, but also Radiologoical, Biological and Chemical warfare. And it will touch major cities in the US. It would touch every continent.

But like I said, I hope that cooler heads prevail.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If World War 3 does begin, I would hope that people on both sides remember who the true enemy is. Not the soldiers of Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, America, or Britain, but those who pull the strings of these soldiers, these men
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

A very good reminder - I know I will remember
the true enemy.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Great post.

All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers. - Francois Fenelon.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
One of greatest post ever thanks S&F for you Jude11

Thank you for showing what responsibility everyone of us should feel and have as a living being in this planet, life is too precious too fragile to mess around with by greed and politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe America's propensity for war could be explained because the civilian population has been so insulated from the horrors of it. Think about Bush's refusal to even show flag draped coffins on the news.
The last time we really had war on our soil was the Civil War, and that was 150 years ago.
Yes we had 9/11 on our soil but you can't really compare that to what Iraq went through, or possibly what Iran's getting ready to go through.
Imagine dozen's of 9/11's going on simultaneously in multiple cities. Then when that's over foreign troops march in. That's what we did to Iraq, hopefully what goes around doesn't come around.
Whether you were for that war or not, all politics aside, the average person there has about as much control over their government as the average person does here.
I did grow up during the Cold War, I was 21 years old when the Soviet Union collapsed. In all honesty I never remember being afraid of or caring about nuclear war, but I was young.
Hopefully this can be resolved without war, but I think we've (the USA) been itching for this for a while, God forbid it does happen, and God forbid, if it does, nuclear weapons are used.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You are clearly a person of much insight and compassion.

These are our brothers and sisters, even if we don't agree with them all the time. But we mistakenly and illogically associate the wrongdoing and saber-rattling of a few isolated maniacs--with an entire country of people. And they do it with us, as well. (Thanks, lamestream media.)

Ironically, our "leaders" don't represent us on either side, but they sure do benefit disproportionately by the wars they start. [Color=Green]$$$$$[/Color] Ultimately, however, the people on both sides just want what everybody else in the world wants (other than the homicidal maniacs, that is): to be comfortable, to be happy, to love, to do what they want, to live their lives without excessive interference from anyone--to be free.

It's good to see that there are still those who can look beyond the rhetoric and distraction, the headlines and endless self-serving fearmongering, and see what REALLY matters: the human component. And even better, I think more people are beginning to be able to think outside the box like you do.

It gives me hope.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You are clearly a person of much insight and compassion.

These are our brothers and sisters, even if we don't agree with them all the time. But we mistakenly and illogically associate the wrongdoing and saber-rattling of a few isolated maniacs--with an entire country of people. And they do it with us, as well. (Thanks, lamestream media.)

Ironically, our "leaders" don't represent us on either side, but they sure do benefit disproportionately by the wars they start. [Color=Green]$$$$$[/Color] Ultimately, however, the people on both sides just want what everybody else in the world wants (other than the homicidal maniacs, that is): to be comfortable, to be happy, to love, to do what they want, to live their lives without excessive interference from anyone--to be free.

It's good to see that there are still those who can look beyond the rhetoric and distraction, the headlines and endless self-serving fearmongering, and see what REALLY matters: the human component. And even better, I think more people are beginning to be able to think outside the box like you do.

It gives me hope.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The few condemn the many. It is a sad fact. They condemn us when they must realise without us they are nothing, while us without them are free.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
God I hate being so helpelss in situations like these. There's absolutley nothing we can do to stop the coming wars, if the "leaders" follow through with all their warmongering and hate talk.

These "leaders" do not represent me, or the rest of the populace. They represent big oil, big religion, and the military industrial complex.

Hell, we have Eisenhower warning us about all this BS, how long ago?

Sadly I feel I will never be able to have a happy life in THIS society, knowing innocents are being killed in my name. Those people in countries around the globe, being occupied by US forces, they don't care if we're for or against the war. They don't care if we're against all this destruction being carried out in our names. WE are the ones who blew up their neighbourhoods, and schools, to try and catch a bad guy.

It's all still being done in OUR names. The people is all of us, and we still do nothing about it, but type away furiously on a keyboard. Kinda like I just did...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join