It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC's "War With Iran" Bill Passes House Committee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

AIPAC's "War With Iran" Bill Passes House Committee

www.huffingtonpost.com

Wasting no time after its success in getting the administration to oppose Palestinian statehood at the United Nations, and still celebrating the UNESCO funding cut-off, AIPAC has returned to its #1 priority: pushing for war with Iran.

The Israelis have, of course, played their own part in the big show. In the last few weeks, it has been sending out signals that it is getting ready to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities (and embroil the United States in its most calamitous Middle East war yet).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

(c) RESTRICTION ON CONTACT. -- No person employed with the United States Government may contact in an official or unofficial capacity any person that -- (1) is an agent, instrumentality, or official of, is affiliated with, or is serving as a representative of the Government of Iran; and (2) presents a threat to the United States or is affiliated with terrorist organizations. (d) WAIVER. -- The President may waive the requirements of subsection (c) if the President determines and so reports to the appropriate congressional committees 15 days prior to the exercise of waiver authority that failure to exercise such waiver authority would pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the vital national security interests of the United States.

What does this mean?

It means that neither the president, the Secretary of State nor any U.S. diplomat or emissary may engage in negotiations or diplomacy with Iran of any kind unless the president convinces the "appropriate Congressional committees" (most significantly, the House Foreign Affairs Committee which is an AIPAC fiefdom) that not engaging with Iranian contacts would present an "an unusual and extraordinary threat to the vital national security interests of the United States."

Sorry to add another Iran there, but this seems to be the hot topic around here and since this is a new bill and with most being passed in "Secrecy", thought a thread would be appropriate.

I wonder if this bill was online 2 weeks before it was passed, like Obama said he would do for everything that comes up for approval in the U.S Congress?

Exceptions for every rule, I guess.

edit on 3-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the info

World economy going down hill .... Check
People starving .... check
People loosing there homes / places to live .... check
People needing jobs ... check
medical needs ... check

lets fix it by having another war
it feeds people
gives them education, food, homes
medical needs

err wait hmmm

For the love of humanity why?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Thanks for the info

World economy going down hill .... Check
People starving .... check
People loosing there homes / places to live .... check
People needing jobs ... check
medical needs ... check

lets fix it by having another war
it feeds people
gives them education, food, homes
medical needs

err wait hmmm

For the love of humanity why?

Another pointless invasion, millions of Iranian people will die or be sickened by artillery for no reason.

They're probably doing it to distract the population with patriotism and also lessen the population. People who are distracted by war won't heed the cries of the recently homeless, jobless or starving. They may even tell those people to suck it up, there is a major war going on.
More people join the military, for a paycheck, die, or die on the streets because they have no help.

I

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The closer they get to doing it the closer the White Swans will get to British airspace. Until the pilots are waiving at the Queen mother.---------------------

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
AIPAC needs to get the hell out of this country. If they have their way Israel will be dictating how this country should be run. I forgot they already do.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
During WW1 Russia was mid-Bolshevik revolution with support for the Czar dying off all over Russia. WW1 was the perfect diversion from internal turmoil, the only problem is the Russians were grossly under-equipped leading to firther discontent for Czar Nicolay.

History repeats it's self, the battle is finding the time period and relative parallels to investigate.

The Iran war (pending mass media propaganda success) will divert the attention of people globally from the institutions who are tearing this world appart...if the Iranians provide heavy resistance and the US/UK/Israeli forces suffer substantial losses the people may open their eyes but probably not.

This is all speculation pending an Iranian invasion of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Whatever they do they need to give it teeth. Time after time sanctions have proven ineffective. If they're going to sanction then they need to make sure it hits Iran hard so they feel it.

That's my biggest worry. I think a military strike is a certainty at this point. Iran has too much oil and extremism. They will not give up their pursuit of power and the destruction of Israel.

"If the Zionist regime wants to repeat its past mistakes, this will constitute its demise and annihilation… With Allah's help the new Middle East will be a Middle East without Zionists and Imperialists."

Quote is from here: www.adl.org ...

Does that sound like a man who is peaceful? Annihilation is a peaceful word? He is referring to Israel, UK, US and other nations. "Zionist" and "Imperialist" are names given to them.

Israel will continue to protect itself, and the US will continue to fight terrorism in the middle east. But this is precisely what the iranian leader says will mean the annihilation of these countries. So the iranian leader is saying that people who fight terrorism will be annihilated.

IMHO, people who do not stand up against this man are dangerous. The iranian leader has threatened peaceful nations with annihilation. This is FACT. We cannot deny it.
edit on 3-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Whatever they do they need to give it teeth. Time after time sanctions have proven ineffective. If they're going to sanction then they need to make sure it hits Iran hard so they feel it.

That's my biggest worry. I think a military strike is a certainty at this point. Iran has too much oil and extremism. They will not give up their pursuit of power and the destruction of Israel.

"If the Zionist regime wants to repeat its past mistakes, this will constitute its demise and annihilation… With Allah's help the new Middle East will be a Middle East without Zionists and Imperialists."

Quote is from here: www.adl.org ...

Does that sound like a man who is peaceful? Annihilation is a peaceful word? He is referring to Israel, UK, US and other nations. "Zionist" and "Imperialist" are names given to them.
edit on 3-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

What has Iran done that is so bad that they need sanctions? ahmadinejad is responding to zionists' rhetoric. There is nothing "peaceful" about Israel. Never has been.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah to bad the bill is illegal since it violates the Constitution. The President is the chief diplomat of the United States, and as such can speak to whatever country / government offical he chooses. Since the Secratary of State acts in his name, she can speak to whomever she wishes.

The only say Congress ges is if they want to pass or vote down any type of agremments that result in the above contacts.

This is right up there with the unconstitutional war powers act.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yeah to bad the bill is illegal since it violates the Constitution. The President is the chief diplomat of the United States, and as such can speak to whatever country / government offical he chooses. Since the Secratary of State acts in his name, she can speak to whomever she wishes.

The only say Congress ges is if they want to pass or vote down any type of agremments that result in the above contacts.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

The US uncovers a Saudi assasination, give the green light to Israel, the UK is backing the play anticipating the USA backing IDF. China not allowing their money to appreciate and Russia calling for global currency is messing with THE PLAN. The newly formed BRIC will be brought down by taking out the cornerstone. Iran and their oil! Israels new found natural gas resources, the saudi oil fields, Iraq, and libya, are all commodities. The US will sustain losses in this battle, but there isnt enough food, water, jobs as it is! Win Win for the 1%. Did I leave anything out?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

The US uncovers a Saudi assasination, give the green light to Israel, the UK is backing the play anticipating the USA backing IDF. China not allowing their money to appreciate and Russia calling for global currency is messing with THE PLAN. The newly formed BRIC will be brought down by taking out the cornerstone. Iran and their oil! Israels new found natural gas resources, the saudi oil fields, Iraq, and libya, are all commodities. The US will sustain losses in this battle, but there isnt enough food, water, jobs as it is! Win Win for the 1%. Did I leave anything out?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Whit stuff heating up in Oakland, i think the TPTB are speeding things up

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It signals the end of any diplomacy, putting the U.S. effectively into a state of war with Iran. That is the intent of AIPAC, that is the intent of Netanyahu.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
Whit stuff heating up in Oakland, i think the TPTB are speeding things up

I doubt TPTB are too concerned with Oakland. That does not even constitute a spot fire in the grand scheme of things- they are very patient and meticulous with their planning. The Iranian potential for a pre-emptive strike poses a far greater risk than a mob of people in Oakland throwing rocks and tear gas canisters back at police. But hey, that's just me...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Did I leave anything out?

Yeah, another war will be an excuse for more domestic spying, maybe even rounding up protesters?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Let's be clear here, bombing Iran to take out the reactor does not = an invasion. I believe the most likely scenario is Israel bombs the Iranian reactor, and US and UK/EU forces are in the area to let Iran know to sit down and take it, to AVOID a war from breaking out. If Iran does not take it like they should, because really now who thinks they can be trusted with nukes, and if you bring out the fact Israel has it so why can't Iran, Israel has not used any and shows no signs of being irresponsible with them, then the Allied forces will defend Israel, not invade Iraq.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The logic in this thread is amazing to me... or should I say a lack of?

Does it matter if Iran can "be trusted" with nukes? Fact is North Korea has them, and they can not be trusted either, so why are there no talks or plans of bombing NK? Does anyone here actually trust China with nukes? What about Pakistan? It is no secret that Pakistan is a nuclear power and not very stable politically. At almost any moment someone who should not have control of that arsenal may end up with control. Yet we still funnel plenty of cash to their country and no one talks of blowing anything up there. Can you see the hypocrisy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join