It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need The Other Perspective...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok guys I'm calling on all conservative/libertarian leaning members for a little help. I

I'm an Independent, I don't like to pick sides, I only choose the individuals that I believe have the right ideas, are honest, and trust worthy (all qualities kind of hard to find in politics today
). I lean to the left when it comes to certain things and to the right on others.

I am looking for a conservative/libertarian commentator, radio host, TV show that is very balanced, as unbiased as possible. I have listened/watched to the big names, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh I find them all to be hollow and extremely bias (Bill O'Reilly is a little better IMO when it comes to overall intelligence compared to the others but that's not saying much). I don't have cable anymore and I don't really like to watch major news networks.

So what say you ATS have any suggestions.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

You'll have to step outside the mainstream to not have propaganda shoved in your face. That being said, I like the Young Turks. They are American, and they deliver the news in a more clear sighted and honest fashion. They are far from perfect, but refreshing. They are the largest online news show in the world, so cable isnt a problem. Oh and they are progressive.
edit on 3-11-2011 by mattime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
Ok guys I'm calling on all conservative/libertarian leaning members for a little help. I

I'm an Independent, I don't like to pick sides, I only choose the individuals that I believe have the right ideas, are honest, and trust worthy (all qualities kind of hard to find in politics today
). I lean to the left when it comes to certain things and to the right on others.

I am looking for a conservative/libertarian commentator, radio host, TV show that is very balanced, as unbiased as possible. I have listened/watched to the big names, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh I find them all to be hollow and extremely bias (Bill O'Reilly is a little better IMO when it comes to overall intelligence compared to the others but that's not saying much). I don't have cable anymore and I don't really like to watch major news networks.

So what say you ATS have any suggestions.

I stopped listening to the MSM when the world trades came down. Never returned.....
In today's world you are seeking the impossible. What honest, and trustworthy politician could there be? What radio show host would give up his massive income just so he could be honest.
Most people don't want to hear honesty, and are not trustworthy themselves, and they truly get off on all the hype and lies.
I am a conservative, and in some areas I actually lean toward the liberal views. I am set in my ways and believe only in what is just right and good. I wouldn't make it as a radio host because i would have no listeners. Who wants to listen to honesty any more? I would be the first to vote for any man that was honest and trustworthy, and if he were a talk show host I would listen as long as he had a show, but his advertisers would leave in droves if the truth were always told.
What you seek does not exist. Perhaps it did one day many years ago, but no longer.
There are honest people....but they will not be heard because lies, hatred, and lack of trust prevails in all media.
If any one knows of a politician that is honest and trustworthy do let me know
If any knows of a radio talk show host that is honest..do let me know. and uh
pics or it didn't happen
DH

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mattime

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check them out. However I am looking for a right leaning news source that is balanced. I listen and watch Thom Hartmann so I hear a lot of progressive views on a daily bases.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Jerry Doyle, he's great.. I haven't listened to him in years, but I used to love his show (as an independent myself).. He leans right most of the time, but he's not biased and very honest with his opinions.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Yeah I get where your coming from. Trying to find honesty in politics and media is a needle in the hay stack, but I still think their are those out there who attempt to spread the truth to the best of their ability. Disinfo and the like always get injected into media that's why the viewer has to sort through the pieces the media gives us.

I haven't given up on the U.S. yet
and I do believe their are politicians out there attempting to bring "real" hope and change".

Mostly this guy
|
|
|
|
V
edit on 3-11-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

Thanks for the suggestion, going to give him a try. I cant beleive it though Jerry Doyle!! Babylon 5! I had no idea he was into politics. Thanks much!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Reading and listening to people with clear political and ideological bias is not the pox like demon so many claim it is. Particularly when that ideologue is unabashedly so. When the ideologue is up front with their ideology it is easier to understand their view point, and to then make your own determinations regarding their arguments. It becomes increasingly harder to do such a thing when the people making their arguments are attempting to present themselves as "unbiased" and bereft of any ideology. Their utter disingenuous stance is hardly the kind of arguments one should want to extract and discern any information. It is listening to opposing ideologies, and using ones own acumen for critical thought that allows for any individual to make informed decision, but when one relies upon the disingenuous for information, what one gets is disinformation.

In terms of libertarian, actual conservative (as in conserve Constitutional principles), you may consider checking out Thomas Sowell's op/ed pieces. This man consistently and continually sticks by the ideology he has embraced, honing and perfecting his own critical thought, and allowing his ideology to instruct his perceptions. Rarely, if ever, has he written anything I can disagree with. On the other side, Michael Kinsey is one of the few progressives who can always get me to consider my own ideology in a different way. I rarely, if ever, agree with Kinsey, but his arguments are always cogent and worth reading and considering. If nothing else, he helps to better formulate my own stance.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Where is Jason Lewis in this conversation, he's a great man IMO. His scientific methods in explaining the reasoning and justifications behind the constitution are epic, especially how he applies them to todays events.

He's not always so libertarian, but he has his moments.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

I am looking for a conservative/libertarian commentator, radio host, TV show that is very balanced, as unbiased as possible.

................................................................................................................................

Hey openeye, it is my opinion that what you say you are looking for doesn't exist. All sides being presented doesn't necessarily make a presentation "balanced, or unbiased". Only a robot could do that - - - maybe!
I think what you, and most of us really want, is the simple "TRUTH". In any "discusssion" with more that one "side", there is, hopefully one side with the truth, and all of the other sides are at best, a distortion of the truth, and can range to complete lies.

Most of us will have opinions about who, if anyone, delivers "the truth". I have personally listened to several, and I have no trouble with several of them. In most of the areas which I, as a conservative, consider to be the most important, I really do admire Mark Levin, who is on nationwide USA talk radio. He is a lawyer by education, and by work experience. He has had significant participation is the justice department of past administration(s), including the Reagan administration. He is a "constitutional lawyer", and he really knows, by experience, much of what he talks about. He doesn't mince his words, and he says it just like it is, very much so, sometimes very strongly. He can do that because he knows when he is standing on the "solid ground" of what he is talking about.

He has written several best selling books, and has a new book in the release cycle - "Amertopia - The Unmaking of America".

openeye, if you haven't listened to him, it might be worthwhile for you to do that, either on the radio, or from his website, You can do a google search on "Mark Levin", and download the daily audios, and get a feel for who he is! I do think you will find that he doesn't have any "lean to the left", except maybe with pets.
And he has written a best selling book about his experience with his dogs too!

openeye, I hope this helps!
edit on 20-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join