It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "ready for war"...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Russia and its allies (read satellites) have just had a major practise exercise focusing on a hypothetical Iranian attack on US oil interests in the Caspian Sea - Conflict in the Caspian?

Iran doesn't need to strike mainland America when it can just knock out its foreign oil supply.
There are also many Iranians living in the US -

The U.S. Government and other sources estimate that the numbers of Iranian-Americans are close to 2 million

Iranian Americans

I wonder if America will do unto them what it did to the Japanese Americans during WW2?

And for those of you who think that there are no Jews in Iran (as we're constantly told) -

Jews are protected in the Iranian constitution and seat is reserved for a Jew in the Majlis.Iran hosts the largest Jewish population of any Muslim-majority country. After Israel, it is home to the second-largest Jewish population in the Middle East.

Compare that to our beloved allies, the Saudis.....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Submarines and covert operatives will probably hit the us.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by snowspirit
There's a large Iranian population in Canada and the US. Well over 100,000 in Canada, and over 300,000 in the US.

It isn't as easy as it used to be, to just round up the supposed enemy in your own country anymore, plus ethnicities tend to stay close together, because of language and other common interests.

About a third of Canada's Iranians live in and around Toronto, and Vancouver also has many. I'm not sure of their demographics (locations) in the states, except that they are there.

You might want to lump the Chinese into that if they are taking side with Iran . To and Van

patdollard.com...

China has to much invested in the US and more to loose if they side with Iran. It will never happen

HAH you think China wouldn't benefit more from watching (and helping) the US implode its economy on another war? Funny stuff. I'm sure China is going to love reconstructing US infrastructure since the American government can barely take care of its country as is... unless you want transnational corporations, which have been hoarding American stimulus money in excess of 14 trillion in off-shore accounts, to step in and take over your country instead (not a good option, by the way).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh I could have gone the rest of the month (timing intentional) without hearing Iran make that statement. HOW would Iran hit the United States? Oh, thats friggen easy....and we did nothing to stop this from happening.

Iran's U.S. Strike Capability

There are also numerous reports of Hezbollah on the Mexican side of the border and peddling dope for operating funds with cartels who very well MAY have high end and high tech military hardware. Think about that one.... We've supplied Mexico with a lot and some of those Cartels recruited Special Operations units almost as a WHOLE with the gear they could bring. Los Zetas comes to mind for the best example of that.

Oh..it's something everyone needs to keep in mind, I believe... There is a whole different possible front to a coming Middle East war and it's A LOT closer than the other side of the Planet.

Oh.. a little fact about the Missiles that are supposed to be there? If they are of the missile class claimed, they could theoretically put one right on top of Cinderella's Castle in Orlando. That was the maximum range I'd worked out months ago when this whole story first came out....I wouldn't give them credit for a guidance system that good, but that was maximum range of what was publicly talked about.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added fact about missiles...

You don't really need all that accurate of a guidance system. All you need is a gyro and a heading to start it on and enough fuel to make the trip. Once it is over the continent it runs out of fuel and hits the ground along its path. Maybe it hits north Carolina or maybe it hits Atlanta, who knows. Point is, they don't need much sophistication to hit us with a missile. Our defense should be good enough to destroy it over the open water.

That being said, I can't fault any Middle Eastern nation for their hatred of the West(US) after witnessing the past 20 years of atrocities against them. I am sure WE would feel the same way if THEY had bombed our country into the middle ages.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
And for those of you who think that there are no Jews in Iran (as we're constantly told) -

Jews are protected in the Iranian constitution and seat is reserved for a Jew in the Majlis.Iran hosts the largest Jewish population of any Muslim-majority country. After Israel, it is home to the second-largest Jewish population in the Middle East.

Compare that to our beloved allies, the Saudis.....

This is a major point to follow up on if/when hostilities commence.

I wonder how long it would take Israeli or American bombs to start killing Iran's jewish population. Even so, the anti-Iran crowd would find some way to twist the facts of indiscriminate killing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

early last year, Hugo Chavez let Iran create ballistic missle silos. i remember seeing the article on ats.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Don't forget about Stuxnet, an Israeli creation but used against Iran and since they now have the source code, they could have modified this and use it to take out American power stations thus attack without landing a missile. Also I read recently the US control centre for the drones had been affected by a virus (China?) this would be another scenario id consider, I predict a cyber war as much as a military one and I think the Chinese have far more skilled resources in this area. Stuxnet is only known because Israel chose to use it, there are probably other programs which we are not yet aware of.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

early last year, Hugo Chavez let Iran create ballistic missle silos. i remember seeing the article on ats.

Yeah? And every article I saw on it claimed the source of the story came from "Western intelligence". Sounds about as plausible as Western intel claiming Iraq could launch WMD against the US homeland in under 45mins

And if this story was solid, then why wasn't it all over the mainstream media? Why isn't it now?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It doesnt matter if they have ICBM's that can reach us or not, do you know how many immigrants live in the USA? ALOT! How many are from Iran...most likely alot all it would take is 1 dirty bomb in a big city and America would be on her knees

Or we or Israel do another 911 and bomb a city and say it was Iran
edit on 4-11-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
I love the way the reports try to make out like Iran is the aggressor when all they will be doing is defending themselves.

Its the US/Israel/UK thats going to start it.

U forgot France,Italy and of course Norway.... Norwegians just waiting for another war so they can go to other countries and do what their unccestors did....meaning raping and killing. It is very funny how people are lying to themselvs about how righteous is to kill people in their own country,and it is ver,AND I MEAN VERY cowardly to fight using tousends of km distance.But ....that is what US/NATO is...bunch of cowards with no balls!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

Assuming your location, what makes your country any better then US/NATO? ;-)

So easy for everyone to point fingers to complete nations when it's the top that makes the decisions.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If Iran is attacked, I think they have enough missiles to completely destroy the world's oil production.

They can use their missiles to destroy refineries, pipelines, oil exporting ports, and oil tankers, all over the Middle East.

They can fire missiles aginst oil tankers traveling in the Persian Gulf, they can fire missiles against pipelines in the Caspian Sea, they can fire missiles against refineries in Qatar, they can fire missiles against ports in Saudi Arabia where the tankers are filled up with oil.

Iran has the military capacity to make the world run out of oil for months, if not years...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"In case of an attack by the Zionist regime, the United States would also be hit," he added, without elaborating.

It doesn't mean that Iran will attack US soil on civilians. There are much US ships and bases all around the world , which could be hit if necessary.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by Aggie Man

On a side note....with these stories that have come out over the past couple of days about Israel, US & UK gearing up to strike Iran.....Am I the only one that feels like this is a bluff...a bluff to get Iran to flinch and lob the first bomb?

The reason for my earlier reply bold and beautiful.

Perhaps I should have elaborated and provided links to show what I am talking about. Here are a few stories that have come out over the last couple of days:

UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears

Isreael Threatens to strike Iran

UK and U.S. 'draw up joint plan to attack Iran'

Israeli PM orders investigation into Iran leak

So, yes, I realize that there has been talk of war going on for years; however, these links indicate that something is coming up soon. These stories seem to be different than the past decades of idle threats. The one I find particularly interesting is the "Israeli PM orders investigation into Iran leak"....that leads me to believe 1 of 2 things...(1) Israel is preparing for war, not talking about it; or (2) this story was intentionally leaked by the Israeli government in hopes of getting Iran to strike first; thus justifying their response.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I doubt Iran even has the money to fund a nuclear program, this is all to scheme to bump up the economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
How do we know Iran hasn't already planted crude nuke devices on American soil?
We don't do we!

Israel has done this as part of their Samson Option strategy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
All I can hope for is that we don't do the same mistake as we did with Afghanistan and Iraq......Let's go in there, level the place beyond recognition, take the leader, if still alive and put on a fancy show for everyone to see....A public trial done my NATO, put it on a world wide FREE channel for all to see and make the bastard dig up all the unmarked graves of the people he's killed once he's found guilty!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If they are ready for war, then why do they always take all the sanctions against them up the pooper and do nothing about it?

All talk and no play makes jack a dull boy.

I say....BRING IT!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Cant really research it at the moment due to limitations but is Iran able to hit S. Korea?

As some ese said, ran can cripple the worlds oil supply....but maybe thats also what TPTB want

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
If Iran is attacked, I think they have enough missiles to completely destroy the world's oil production.

They can use their missiles to destroy refineries, pipelines, oil exporting ports, and oil tankers, all over the Middle East.

They can fire missiles aginst oil tankers traveling in the Persian Gulf, they can fire missiles against pipelines in the Caspian Sea, they can fire missiles against refineries in Qatar, they can fire missiles against ports in Saudi Arabia where the tankers are filled up with oil.

Iran has the military capacity to make the world run out of oil for months, if not years...

Not all of the worlds oil is produced in the Mid-East. More likely to # up Europe though if they did destroy Middle Eastern production

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join