It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs genetic engineering? Turn your brown eyes blue with lasers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Are you sick and tired of your brown eyes? Wish you could swap them out for some blue ones, instead? For a paltry five grand, Laguna Beach doctor Gregg Homer thinks he can help you out. He claims to have developed a 20-second procedure that can permanently change your eyes from brown to blue. Best of all? He does it using lasers.

Homer says it's possible because us poor, boring, brown-eyed folk actually have blue eyes... they're just masked by brown pigmentation. "We use a laser, and it's tuned to a specific frequency to remove the pigment from the surface of the iris," said Homer in a recent television interview. In the weeks following the procedure, the brown pigmentation is slowly shed, never to return again, allowing the eyes to appear blue.

Source

This is pretty amazing but im sure the thought of having your eyes zapped with lasers is enough to put most people off. But it cant be half as bad as laser eye treatment for correcting defective vision where they shave off the front part of your eye to get the job done.

edit on 3-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I sometimes wish I didn't have brown eyes, but with the process it's permanent.. and for 5 grand? This guy is gonna make a killing. It'll be a fad, and everybody will wanna do it.. then they'll regret it later. Cool idea, but the fact it can't be reversed, I'll have to say no thx.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And in this, eyeball tattoos have now been invented.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No thanks! I'll bet the people who go through this procedure will be freaking out in a few years when they develop cataracts or some other visual difficulties.

I would never let a doctor mess with my eyes, or my hands, unless I had no other choice. Both are delicate and easily messed up.

Pretty soon, people will be made so different by cosmetic procedures that the only way to know how one's children will come out is to look at childhood pictures of your partner.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I like my big brown eyes thank you very much

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

"Poor, boring, brown eyed folk"

Yeah right. I'm perfectly fine with my brown eyes! Apparently 2.2% of the global population is blue eyed and a fact for the day: people with blue eyes are the result of a genetic mutation that occurred some 6,000-10,000 years ago. Are they trying to raise that 2.2% up or something?
edit on 11/3/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm black, and i've never found blue eyes, or green and grey eyes attractive...hazel eyes are down right gorgeous though

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'd watched an interesting episode of 'Lockup: Raw' on MSNBC, where they spend weeks or more basically embedded in a correctional facility to report life as it looks from the inside. The relation this has to the OP is this episode was showing where a couple enterprising tattoo artists discovered a way to change eye colors with ink and needles. Not the Iris, but the whites. They showed eyes with deep red, blue and black as solid where everyne else has white.

I recall thinking then, it was insane and such a stupid risk, given what a mistake would mean. However, I'd get in line right there at the cell door for my turn before I'd lay back to let a Doctor shoot my eyeballs with a laser powerful enough to alter the color. One twitch, and would it stop with burning out the receptors or would it burn past the back of the eyeball? Yikes.... I'm sure that's a bit if an exaggeration, but I'd never be a patient to risk finding that out.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I like having hazel eyes, but then again all green is extremely cool. Although Im always wary when it comes to using lasers, possible hazards anyone?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't see brown eyes as boring, though then again I have green eyes. My husband has brown and I'd never want him to change them! Eye colors often fit the person matching skin and hair color, sad part is we often want what we don't have. Always fine to wonder though

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

This is pretty amazing but im sure the thought of having your eyes zapped with lasers is enough to put most people off. But it cant be half as bad as laser eye treatment for correcting defective vision where they shave off the front part of your eye to get the job done.

edit on 3-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I had the correction laser treatment. Wasn't all that bad. They put the flap back when's it done. The worst part is you can see what they are doing. From the inside. I wouldn't consider doing it to change eye color.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think brown eyes are sort of like "nature's sunglasses", at least I seem to recall reading that the natural pigmentation means that brown eyed people have less of a need for sunglasses than blue-eyed people do.

On the other hand, brown-eyed people seem to be more likely to get cataracts, maybe because the extra pigment means the iris needs to open wider to let in enough light? and when that happens more UV gets in? I'm not sure of the reasons, but that seems to be the case according to this:

Brown-eyed people have more cataracts
So until we have a better idea of why that happens I'm not sure if this surgery to turn brown eyes blue would reduce cataract risk or not. Something to think about.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

You are a braver person than i am
If i even get an eyelash in my eye it drives me crazy. the thought of cutting a flap off the front of my eyeball is unthinkable to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Pauligirl

You are a braver person than i am
If i even get an eyelash in my eye it drives me crazy. the thought of cutting a flap off the front of my eyeball is unthinkable to me.

Yeah, it has a certain amount of ick factor, but you don't feel it. If my eyesight hadn't been really bad, I wouldn't had done it. It took a while to work up the nerve, so I can't image anyone wanting to laser perfectly good eyes.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ive seen to many episodes of the simpsons to let a guy named homer get near my eyes with a laser haha.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i've got blue eyes, i cant imagine people paying 5 grand for something so irrelevant.
also, nobody goes near my eyes with lasers, especially if their called homer.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I personally hope.. this dosent become a new trend... I am fortunate to have NATURAL ice blue eyes.

Theres a lot of information about blue eyes as well.. hit up google..

We are more compasionate, love able, we tell way less lies, we see better in the dark

then.. we have down sides.. more prone to diesease aand infection.. and deteriation... everyone in my family with blue eyes.. has glasses.. i've worn mine since about the age of 5. working on 17ish years of optic restoration.. but even being legally blind in my state.. i have better sight and detail then my beautiful brown eyed girl. Though.. I've got to admit, im a sucker for blondes with blues, or even redheads for that matter

Back to topic.. 5grand is on the cheap side for those who want to get it done. Lasik eye surgery was about the same when it came out, and now me, 22, unemployed, could afford it..

I say unemployed.. because im not paying the govt, lets leave it at that
lol.

Interesting thread, S+F OP, but my opinion still stands and I hope this dosent catch on.. I'd hate to meet my future wife only to be decieved by her brown eyed origions...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
I like my big brown eyes thank you very much

Don't be such a boring stick in the mud.

Blond and blue eyed people are the superior race.Everyone should be forced to have this.

In India they try to bleach their skins to try to be white.Nobody marries a dark skinned girl or mates with her .

This proves the universal desire to be white blue eyed and blond.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
racist and eugenesist in one comment.

one word, leave.

(that wasn't harsh at all, lets talk science not nazi german eugenics programs.)
edit on 7/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Well I ask you how many people do you see who have blondified their hair.?

how many people now wear blue contact lenses?

"blonds have more fun" is a famous phrase.

do you understand now?

why not let everyone be blond eyed and blue haired.this would reduce tensions due to fear and loathing.

maybe you are afraid of something or frightened of competition?

eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join