It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give'em hell Zell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by nativeokie
I have never seen such a vicious group of people as these republicans tonight. Nice to see that we no longer consider decency and respect as needed values in our countries leadership. Hopefully soon we can move past this negativity and dig into those questions both the DNC and RNC raised regarding the records of both candidates.

Of course listening to a bunch of grown up high school bullies making speeches is interesting to watch.

Kerrys senate voting record?

Forgot to mention John Edwards voting record. 1 out of 10 I beleive? Hell, if he had a regular job, he'd get paid a 40 hr. check for just 4 hours work.
What kind of mind-altering-delusional drug are their supporters taking? It's got to be something, real Americans just don't follow slackers such as Kerry and Edwards. If it wasn't for Kerry's wife and Edwards taking on medical lawsuits ( that's another good story), they'd both be without a shirt on their backs. Or maybe they would. They'd have to steal it, because they're both crooks anyways.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by astroblade
i need a favor, does anyone know of any websites that give fair analyses of both kerry and bush?

I would tell you to do your own research. There is no such thing as an unbias report. Go look at both of their voting records the circumstances surronding them, then make your own opinion.

I'll get you started on Bush's voting record. Never had one.

It's actually very similar to his military record.

But this site is 100% accurate on voting records for people with experience in government before ascending to leader of the free world: www.vote-smart.org...

You can look up Kerry's record as well as Cheney's. Cheney's is every bit as shocking as the right would have you believe Kerrys' is.

I mean they don't call Bush's boss Dr. Evil for nothing.

Some of my favorites are trying to ban all abortion even in cases of rape and incest and to save the life of the mother, and voting against a resolution to free Nelson Mandela from prison and voting to lift a ban on plastic guns used for smuggling on airplanes.

Need I say more?
Box cutter weary terrorists unions have endorsed Cheney unanimously making their job of hijacking planes MUCH easier.

He's such a tool. :shk:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Zell has always said he is democratic and then acted like a republican anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ok, maybe i asked my question a bit prematurely. after a quick search i found...
www.issues2000.org...
AND
www.npr.org...

...they both seem pretty UNBIASED, which is what's important.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
ok, maybe i asked my question a bit prematurely. after a quick search i found...
www.issues2000.org...
AND
www.npr.org...

...they both seem pretty UNBIASED, which is what's important.

Astro...that issues2000.org website is excellent. It tells you how they have voted historically and presently and what their stance is on issues. It's probably one of the most unbiased websites out there, as you duely noted! The one I gave you earlier has some juicy topics, but as for its validity...well, I'm just not sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well the Republican golden boy Zell just desinegrated on national TV. Hardball coverage had a live interview with him. Chris Mathews was asking him direct questions regarding his speech. Asking him to elaborate on some key points he made. Miller began shouting and at one point waving paper and telling Chris he wished we still lived in a time he could challenge him in a duel. A point he tried to make once but Mathews attempted to change the direction and Zell jumped back to it to drive it home.

Seriously I was staring shocked at the screen. Havent seen anyone flip out like that since the Dean Scream.

They did say that he must have had trouble hearing or something because that was way out of character for him.

I hope to see those as soundbites all over TV in the morning. Senator challenges reporter to a duel. Great stuff, funny stuff

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
nativeokie...a certain song comes to mind here...with lyrics to the effect of "dum dum dum...and another one bits the dust..." by Queen! I love seeing political careers come to shambles, for some reason it just brings me so much sadistic joy

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't think reciting Kerry's record in the Senate consititutes "viscious" attacks! Not one person has attacked him personally, unlike some people who will remain nameless.

Sounds like desperation on the part of the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I seriously think tonight just cost them this election.

It went too far.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am watching CSPAN's coverage of the post speech/convention interviews with the delegates as they come out of the Garden.

An African American Woman Delegate put it quite succinctly... "America lost more poeple in the Twin Towers than we did at Pearl Harour" "The war started THEN, NOT when we entered Afghanistan or Iraq" Pretty amazing stuff...

Just now, Alex Jones (?) ( Not sure about the last name but he is the same guy who did the video on the retreat in No. California which attempted to implicate several high level political types as NWO/Secret Society Rulers, it was REDICULOUS, yes I watched the whole thing, it was a JOKE and all this guy is after is fame/money IMHO) (He's a talk radio host from Austin, Texas) just laid out the whole "Bush and his *Cousin* Kerry, BOTH Skull and Bonsers, are behind 9/11 and America is RUINED unless we vote for someone else than these two!"

Quite a stunning blurb in which he advertised his website FOUR TIMES(!)

This is American Politics at its most erratic and entertaining IMHO...

The GOOD news is this shows/proves EVERYBODY who wants to can say WHATEVER they WANT on national television without fear of reprisal period.

If nothing else, no matter how screwed up you think our country is, we are absolutely FREE to express our opinions. If only we would *ALL* vote, we might actually elect who we want instead of the default candidate... Alas...

m...

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Well the Republican golden boy Zell just desinegrated on national TV. Hardball coverage had a live interview with him. Chris Mathews was asking him direct questions regarding his speech. Asking him to elaborate on some key points he made. Miller began shouting and at one point waving paper and telling Chris he wished we still lived in a time he could challenge him in a duel.

You're kidding. I've got to see that.

He's lost it. Glad he's gone Republican.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
All Kerry has to do now is come back, refute the madness with facts, and give a dignified speech...and the American people will choose a normal man, over a sickening party reduced to terrorizing the American public into the voting booths in their favor.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
cstyle you are correct. I think Kerry missed his chance to really come back hard on the whole swift boat thing months ago. Tomorrow is his last chance to really stand up, be defiant and present his side. I would like to see him address each point brought up tonight, drive home his views on each and put those to rest. Then in the debates we will see Bush flop around trying to find something to use against him. He has to show he is strong, tonight they called him weak. He has to go back full force, they opened the door tonight for a tough fight.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Forgot to mention John Edwards voting record. 1 out of 10 I beleive? Hell, if he had a regular job, he'd get paid a 40 hr. check for just 4 hours work.
What kind of mind-altering-delusional drug are their supporters taking? It's got to be something, real Americans just don't follow slackers such as Kerry and Edwards. If it wasn't for Kerry's wife and Edwards taking on medical lawsuits ( that's another good story), they'd both be without a shirt on their backs. Or maybe they would. They'd have to steal it, because they're both crooks anyways.

Oh yeah and Bush is at work how often? He has taken more vacation time than any president in history. Seriously I don't give a rats @ss if he can work from Texas, we hired him to work in the white house not go play on his ranch. Seriously that probably bugs me more than many other things about Bush. He needs to keep his @ss at work!! Not spending my money to fly that jet to Texas every other week.

[edit on 9/1/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Well the Republican golden boy Zell just desinegrated on national TV. Hardball coverage had a live interview with him. Chris Mathews was asking him direct questions regarding his speech. Asking him to elaborate on some key points he made. Miller began shouting and at one point waving paper and telling Chris he wished we still lived in a time he could challenge him in a duel.

You're kidding. I've got to see that.

He's lost it. Glad he's gone Republican.

Oh RANT my dear fellow, it gets worse.

Miller was coaxed onto CNN right after the speech and boy did he regret that.

Wolf Blitzer opened up with talking points about the speech allowing Miller to pontificate and make more accusations, he took his paper out and jabbed it at a visibly shocked Judy Woodruff and an angry Jeff Greenfield. Jeff then asked "Oh, Mr Miller, what if i told you that the President has used the term occupiers at least 4 times" Then Miller gave him a "non-answer" after a lengthy pause...

Knowing they had caught him off balance.. the CNN Anchors proceeded to pounce on him like a wounded animal. Wolf made the point that Cheney had voted against many of the weapons systems because he had covered them at the pentagon. Miller by this stage was not a happy bunny. More points came in and miller was unable to answer.

CNN drew first blood and every single network watched the blood drip, now the sharks are circling. It is going very very wrong for the reds tonight.

"And the walls of Jericho came tumbling down upon them"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Well the Republican golden boy Zell just desinegrated on national TV. Hardball coverage had a live interview with him. Chris Mathews was asking him direct questions regarding his speech. Asking him to elaborate on some key points he made. Miller began shouting and at one point waving paper and telling Chris he wished we still lived in a time he could challenge him in a duel. A point he tried to make once but Mathews attempted to change the direction and Zell jumped back to it to drive it home.

Seriously I was staring shocked at the screen. Havent seen anyone flip out like that since the Dean Scream.

They did say that he must have had trouble hearing or something because that was way out of character for him.

I hope to see those as soundbites all over TV in the morning. Senator challenges reporter to a duel. Great stuff, funny stuff

I saw it the interview (if you can call it that). Chris Matthews sort of made an ass out of himself. He kept asking the same question over and over but wouldnt let the Senator respond. The best question Chris could come up with is "Do you really think Kerry means to defend the U.S. with just spitballs?"

What a stupid question. It was a metaphor for delivering the point that Kerry has voted against almost every single major Defense related bill. Most people got that but Democrats like Chris Matthew and those from CNN hate President Bush and are angry at their "traitor" from the democratic party. One of the Republican guests...the african-american former rep from OK interrupted at the end to essentially praise Zell. It is all Partisan reporting anymore. Definitely go with FNC over MSNBC or CNN.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by fawlty]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Oh yeah and Bush is at work how often? He has taken more vacation time than any president in history. Seriously I don't give a rats @ss if he can work from Texas, we hired him to work in the white house not go play on his ranch. Seriously that probably bugs me more than many other things about Bush. He needs to keep his @ss at work!! Not spending my money to fly that jet to Texas every other week.

[edit on 9/1/2004 by nativeokie]

The people of Massachusetts and North Carolina voted for Kerry and Edwards to vote on issues and laws presented to the Congress floor. They weren't there to vote and didn't care if they voted. President bush on the other hand doesn't vote. He vetoes or signs bills into laws. He can't do that because Congress can't get any votes on bills to be signed or vetoed. Hell, I'd go to Texas and go hunting, fishing, have a beer with some"good ole boys" and have a merry ole time too instead of waisting my time waiting on Congress to do something. You're also forget something important about our government. Congress has all the power. The President has the power of veto and the job as Chief Executive. That's it.
Over.

[edit on 2/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You're also forget something important about our government. Congress has all the power. The President has the power of veto and the job as Chief Executive. That's it.

Why is it he prances around as if he is King of the World?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Stumason, I know you can come up with something better then that

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Zell is something alright...

Congressman John Lewis Comments on Senator Zell Miller's Plan to Address the Republican Convention

June 25, 2004 - As the nation begins its celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act on July 2nd 2004, Congressman John Lewis, dean of the Georgia Delegation, made these comments about Sen. Miller's (D-GA) intentions to speak at the Republican Convention that begins August 30.

"It is unbelievable. It is unreal. It is a shame and a disgrace. This is the same Zell Miller who said 40 years ago that President Lyndon Johnson had sold his soul when he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This is the same Zell Miller who was elected by the working people of Georgia-the teachers, the union members, the farmers, and both black and white voters in the state. And this is the same Zell Miller who was a keynoter at the Democratic Convention in 1992. I do not understand what he is so angry about, but apparently he has lost his way. He could be simply reverting back to his roots."

Sounds like he's saying Zell is a racist and and a betrayer too.
How do you even listen to someone like this???
Bush probably messed up letting him speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join